PDA

View Full Version : kenwood head unit

JerryEllis
10-17-2011, 10:21 AM
so i was demoing yesterday in town and next thing i know, my head unit goes into protect mode?!? simple fix, just hit the reset button but the worst part about it is that i had lost all my settings, has anyone else ever had this happen? it was just flashing "protect" on the screen. i am glad that it did that so that it didn't blow or anything but any suggustions? i am going to be gettin a line driver so idk if the rca's was trying to put out more than they could handle

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

also, i will get the model number later, i am off to work now

ItsAJeepThing
10-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Same thing happened to me yesterday except i was installing a 2 channel when it went into protect. Make sure all your speaker wires are connected because the manual says this happens when a speaker wire touches a ground. For me my ground at the back of the head unit came loose when i was pulling it out so i recrimped it and it was fine.

JerryEllis
10-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Hmm I'm not for sure, all my connections are good, it cuts out when I turn it upp to like 29.. that is when my system starts to peak out so maybe that's why...

kyle3194
11-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Too much draw? Ive seen that happen a lot, what are your specs like?