post dumping for saying something seems a little over priced? hahaha

i dont get it. but ok.

yeah. its considered post dumping. word it differently :sneaky:

jj4475
10-14-2011, 08:28 PM
U R dissing them man. They get upset :crying::crying::crying:

brodeisel
10-14-2011, 08:32 PM
i got something like that before i dont understand how they can justify it.

matt_bennett05
10-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Because everyone has their own opinion

pelekeliko
10-14-2011, 09:24 PM
exactly, everyone has their own opinion.

I just dont understand how telling someone they have a good product, and that it looks nice except the price seems a little high, is post dumping.

but there will be many cry babies so let them cry.

dragnix
10-14-2011, 09:33 PM
next time, just keep it to PM

disturbed471985
10-14-2011, 09:50 PM
^^^^^

bigwheel15
10-14-2011, 10:49 PM
http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/052/812/original/Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif?1275684729

The_Grimy_One
10-14-2011, 10:52 PM
next time, just keep it to PM

Exactly, just tell them through PM...
Regardless what you think it is worth, they feel different about it. Its rare on here, since we usually have knowledge about the products, but many people will pay much more than we will... So let them see if they can get it sold at that price, and mind yo own biz.

-01limited-
10-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Stuff is worth only what some idiot is going to pay. So if you go in there and say its overpriced you are making them idiots change their mind thus messing up the guys sale. If they think they can sell it at that price let em', if you're interested in it then pm him and let him know.

pelekeliko
10-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Exactly, just tell them through PM...
Regardless what you think it is worth, they feel different about it. Its rare on here, since we usually have knowledge about the products, but many people will pay much more than we will... So let them see if they can get it sold at that price, and mind yo own biz.

mind my own business? yet we are all on a social website. sorry for the truth and what i know. if i was gonna over pay for something, id like if someone would tell me.

were on this site to discus car audio and help each other out right? not get over on anyone. i wasnt even bashing on dudes stuff or anything.

i guess theres nothing else to say though. so whatever, stupid rules will be stupid rules.

pelekeliko
10-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Stuff is worth only what some idiot is going to pay. So if you go in there and say its overpriced you are making them idiots change their mind thus messing up the guys sale. If they think they can sell it at that price let em', if you're interested in it then pm him and let him know.

definitely not ever doing business with you. sound shady as fvck.

-01limited-
10-14-2011, 11:39 PM
definitely not ever doing business with you. sound shady as fvck.

No, I know what stuff is worth and can price it accordingly. Like I said, something is only worth what someone will pay. Most people see if their stuff isnt selling at a high price they drop it. Its not shady at all, if you think that is shady then you don't understand the world at all. Everything in this world is wayyyyyyy overpriced, but you still go out and buy stuff because you need it. That burger from the fast food joint, cost them all of 35 cents to make it. But you just paid 3.50 for that *****. Same concept

audioholic
10-15-2011, 08:23 AM
The reasoning behind the rule is simple. Pricing a used product is subjective. If we didnt have the rule, someone could claim any price is too high. It would be akin to you standing outside the front door of your local pawn shop, telling customers who walk in that the prices there are too high. No business would allow that, and neither should people here selling their stuff. Even online sales places like ebay and CL dont allow random people to make comments on the ad, the product, or the price. So I find it ironic that you feel its unfair we dont allow it here either.

If we allowed people to openly question pricing here, we mods would have to become 'price cops', and nobody wants that. So the obvious solution is, no commenting on a person's price. Simple. No subjectivity to the rules, they are cut and dry.

If you think the seller just needs to be educated, you are free to PM him and discuss it. Otherwise, consider it a situation where you voice your opinion on pricing by not buying the item. No other expression of your personal opinion on someone elses price, for their own equipment, is necessary or even wanted.

I moved this thread to the proper sub-forum. It is not a general audio topic.

-01limited-
10-15-2011, 09:32 AM
The reasoning behind the rule is simple. Pricing a used product is subjective. If we didnt have the rule, someone could claim any price is too high. It would be akin to you standing outside the front door of your local pawn shop, telling customers who walk in that the prices there are too high. No business would allow that, and neither should people here selling their stuff. Even online sales places like ebay and CL dont allow random people to make comments on the ad, the product, or the price. So I find it ironic that you feel its unfair we dont allow it here either.

If we allowed people to openly question pricing here, we mods would have to become 'price cops', and nobody wants that. So the obvious solution is, no commenting on a person's price. Simple. No subjectivity to the rules, they are cut and dry.

If you think the seller just needs to be educated, you are free to PM him and discuss it. Otherwise, consider it a situation where you voice your opinion on pricing by not buying the item. No other expression of your personal opinion on someone elses price, for their own equipment, is necessary or even wanted.

I moved this thread to the proper sub-forum. It is not a general audio topic.

Lol no 'holic, thats shady business. At least OP thinks so :rolleyes:

whitedragon551
10-15-2011, 09:44 AM
post dumping for saying something seems a little over priced? hahaha

i dont get it. but ok.

It is. Did you not ruin potential sales by saying this? Absolutely you did. Your lucky you didnt get an 2 infractions for it from the same thread.

dragon.breath
10-15-2011, 09:49 AM
and now you know why i have less than 200 posts in 4 years.

whitedragon551
10-15-2011, 09:50 AM

Because you cant follow the rules.

dragon.breath
10-15-2011, 10:21 AM
i have never had an infraction. i don't post here much because all the mods are on power trips.
watch, i will get banned for saying this by mr.'i am a mod on ca.com when i am not working at taco bell'.

whitedragon551
10-15-2011, 10:23 AM
i have never had an infraction. i don't post here much because all the mods are on power trips.
watch, i will get banned for saying this by mr.'i am a mod on ca.com when i am not working at taco bell'.

You wont get banned. All the mods that had power issues are now banned and gone. Ive been called every name under the sun in the Thunderdome and not a single person as much as received an infraction.

Louisiana_CRX
10-15-2011, 10:35 AM
You wont get banned. All the mods that had power issues are now banned and gone. Ive been called every name under the sun in the Thunderdome and not a single person as much as received an infraction.

lulz

destined2race
10-15-2011, 10:41 AM

dont join caraudioclassifieds.org then... there mods are nazi's compared to this site from my own experience.

RAM_Designs
10-15-2011, 11:46 AM

Cool story bro.

-01limited-
10-15-2011, 02:53 PM
but there will be many cry babies so let them cry.

Irony anyone?

sacsking916
10-15-2011, 02:55 PM

or cause your not loud

-01limited-
10-16-2011, 02:33 AM
or cause your not loud

You need a new name, bc no matter how many times I look at it I see sac skin. Just sayin'

sacsking916
10-16-2011, 11:29 AM
You need a new name, bc no matter how many times I look at it I see sac skin. Just sayin'

I get that a lot ha ha.

-01limited-
10-16-2011, 11:34 AM
I get that a lot ha ha.

I even can tell myself thats not what it is lol.

MikeofTulsa
10-17-2011, 10:34 PM

LOL, now that is a good one. I think we have some of the most laid back and easy to get along with mods around. They do an excellent job as Mods and enforce the rules put in place. Just because you disagree with a rule doesnt make us wrong for enforcing it. If you feel this strongly about the issue, take it up with goob. Unfortunately, he will rule in our favor regarding this issue. Have a great day.

matt_bennett05
10-17-2011, 10:43 PM
LOL, now that is a good one. I think we have some of the most laid back and easy to get along with mods around. They do an excellent job as Mods and enforce the rules put in place. Just because you disagree with a rule doesnt make us wrong for enforcing it. If you feel this strongly about the issue, take it up with goob. Unfortunately, he will rule in our favor regarding this issue. Have a great day.

In all honesty, from what I've seen, there are a lot of posts that could be considered punishable IMO. I think this place (even though missing the old domie days) lets a lot more stuff slip through the cracks than any other similar site. And honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't pop up in a random site where I don't post because that simply seems like time horribly wasted if you're not getting anything out of it that's beneficial.

-01limited-
10-17-2011, 10:56 PM

I thought you deleted a post in here just to re-say what I did. I then realized I said pretty much the exact thing, but it was in the hushmat vs. dynamat thread lol

MikeofTulsa
10-17-2011, 11:32 PM
I thought you deleted a post in here just to re-say what I did. I then realized I said pretty much the exact thing, but it was in the hushmat vs. dynamat thread lol

lol nope.

audioholic
10-20-2011, 05:32 AM

I think you have a strange definition of power trip. More than one mod has taken time, in this thread, to explain why the post dumping rule is what it is. And imo its been sufficiently explained that the rule exists to improve the buying/selling experience here at ca.com. Mods trying to be reasonable and transparent with their motives... and you chose this thread to claim we are just on a power trip? Again, strange definition of the term.

In all honesty, from what I've seen, there are a lot of posts that could be considered punishable IMO. I think this place (even though missing the old domie days) lets a lot more stuff slip through the cracks than any other similar site. And honestly, if it were me, I wouldn't pop up in a random site where I don't post because that simply seems like time horribly wasted if you're not getting anything out of it that's beneficial.

So in this thread we now have one vote that we over-moderate, and one vote that we under-moderate. I take that as a good sign.

Imtjnotu
10-20-2011, 06:02 AM

goat ******