PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood KAC-8151D monoblock 1 ohm stable sub amp

keep_hope_alive
10-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Item(s) for Sale:

Kenwood KAC-8151D

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Used in good shape. Works perfectly. Good cosmetically.

I installed this in my Accord for a true test. Worked well. Not as potent as my xtant 3300c, but what do you expect?!? Overall, a solid working sub amp for a deal. I am the second owner. Previous owner did not keep the box or remote bass knob.

Price:

$100 shipped to CONUS, OBO.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Will ship via USPS Priority Mail or UPS - buyer's choice.

From Crutchfield:
Features

Class D Amplifier Design: The KAC-8151D is a Class D mono-block amplifier, which uses digital switching to amplify audio signals. This design results in high efficiency and less heat.

1-Ohm Stable: This amplifier is capable of handling a 1-ohm load. You can drive two 2-ohm speakers, or four 4-ohm speakers in parallel with this amp. There are two sets of speaker outputs that are wired internally in parallel, making it easier to connect multiple speakers.

Speaker Level Input: The amp comes with a 2-channel speaker level input harness. Once you to splice a pair of speaker wires from the receiver to the harness, you have plug-in convenience to the amplifier. This feature makes it easier to add an amplifier to a factory radio or a receiver with no preamp outputs. The maximum power output from the source receiver can be no more than 40 watts.

Line Level Output: The amplifier has a pair of gold-plated line level outputs for feeding a full-range stereo signal to another amplifier. It is the same signal that is input through the line inputs. The amplifier's crossovers have no effect on the line level output signal.

Ground Isolation Circuit: This circuit cancels noise from the input of the negative side of the RCA cable, preventing vehicle electrical noise from interfering with the music. The amp has a ground screw located near the line inputs for use with RCA cables with ground leads.

Low Pass Crossover: The KAC-8151D has a built-in 18 dB/octave low-pass crossover that is continuously variable from 50Hz to 200Hz.

Infrasonic Filter: This amp features an 18dB/octave Infrasonic Filter. Ultra-low frequencies that cannot be reproduced by a subwoofer do not become sound but become unnecessary oscillations, which affect sound by causing distortion. These frequencies also waste amplifier power and can cause damage to speakers. Setting the Infrasonic filter switch to 15Hz or 25Hz cuts the frequencies below the respective frequency to improve the reproduction performance of the speakers by eliminating harmful distortion.

Selectable Bass Boost: A bass boost of +6dB, +9dB or +12dB at 90Hz can be controlled by the supplied Remote Bass Controller. The controller can be mounted at the front of the vehicle, and is connected to the amp by the supplied 20' control cable. If you do not choose to use the Remote Bass Controller, you can still switch on/off a 12dB bass boost on the amplifier itself. Dimensions of remote bass controller: W=1.813", H=1.184", D=2.453" (including knob).

Dynamic Expander: The amp features a Dynamic Expander circuit which increases the dynamic range when switched on.

Quiet Turn-on: To protect the speakers from damaging "thumps", the KAC-8151D has a quiet turn-on circuit, which allows the amplifier to power up over a period of milliseconds instead of instantaneously.

Protection circuitry: The amplifier has the protection circuits and will shut itself down in case of the following events:

Speaker output contacts ground
Speaker wire short-circuits
Unit malfunctions and DC is sent to speaker output
Internal temperature is too high
Loss of ground of head unit or amp

Inputs and Outputs

Left Side of the Amplifier

GND: Philips-head screw for RCA signal ground
Line input jacks: gold plated RCA inputs
Line output jacks: gold plated RCA outputs
Remote: RJ-11 jack for supplied Remote Bass Controller cable
Speaker-level input: multi-pin input for use with included speaker level input harness

Right Side of the Amplifier

Fuse: 40 amp fuse
BATT (Power): gold plated screw terminal (0.55" wide)
GND (Ground): gold plated screw terminal (0.55" wide)
P.CON (remote turn-on): gold plated screw terminal (0.34" wide)
Speaker outputs: gold plated screw terminals (0.34" wide) for two speakers (Note: These are not stereo outputs, but mono outputs wired internally in parallel.)

Additional Specifications

Specifications:

Rated power output at 2 ohms: 400 watts x 1 (100 Hz, 0.5% THD)
Rated power output at 1 ohm: 500 watts x 1 (100 Hz, 1.0% THD)
Input impedance: 10k ohms
Operating voltage: 14.4 V (11-16V allowable)
Current consumption (4 ohms, 10% THD): 31A

Owner's Manual:
http://manuals.kenwood.novenaweb.info/languages/EN/support/manuals/KAC-8151D.pdf

Item Pictures:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/phat_funky_beats/ebay/KenwoodGear/kenwoodsubamp004.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/phat_funky_beats/ebay/KenwoodGear/kenwoodsubamp003.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/phat_funky_beats/ebay/KenwoodGear/kenwoodsubamp002.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/phat_funky_beats/ebay/KenwoodGear/kenwoodsubamp006.jpg

Louisiana_CRX
10-12-2011, 12:26 AM
nice

keep_hope_alive
10-20-2011, 09:15 AM
sold locally

VWBobby
10-20-2011, 10:07 AM
dang, I have the matching 2-channel twin to this amp BNIB (never used). KAC7201, "800 watt"