PDA

View Full Version : box question

assassin1840
10-09-2011, 10:51 AM
so for my jl 12w3v3 for one sub calls for w 29.0 in. x h 14.0 in. x d 12.625 so this is stupid but for two subs do i double that. seems like it would be a ******* big *** box but i highly doubt that its double

assassin1840
10-09-2011, 11:36 AM
thanks for moving it lol

kushy_dreams
10-09-2011, 01:15 PM
yea you start off by multiplying by how many you are using. The dimensions dont have to be the same but the resulting number from multiplying the dimesions together to get the final air volume should remain the same. They say when you use more than 1 sub you can get away with a smaller airspace if they share a common chamber. Hopefully so more experienced box builders will chime in.

cash94
10-09-2011, 02:45 PM
The sub calls for 2.8 cubes per sub. the demensions you gave are about 2.2 cubes. so those demensions are even alittle small for even one sub. to answer you question, to get optimum performance, yes you would need to double it.

assassin1840
10-09-2011, 02:47 PM
The sub calls for 2.8 cubes per sub. the demensions you gave are about 2.2 cubes. so those demensions are even alittle small for even one sub. to answer you question, to get optimum performance, yes you would need to double it.
i maybe wrong but i highly doubt that and jl states on that size of box its 1.75 cu

Moble Enclosurs
10-13-2011, 03:19 AM
Ok.....before it gets confusing.....if you are going to use seperate chambers for each driver, it is recommended to use equal volumes for each so the responses match in output and driver characteristics and control. As for using a common chamber, this can allow for a smaller volume requirement due to the drivers utilizing the same compression, so it may not be required to use exactly double the space for a common chamber. And as far as a chamber being too small....that is not a problem if the loading is controlled then by the port characteristics to obtain the desired output/tuning and as long as the drivers fit within that chamber properly. There is always an optimal volume and port for each sub. Its just a matter if it fits your personal preference or not. So, recommendation are merely a starting point in most cases.