PDA

View Full Version : slope setting on sony HU

hotrod351
10-06-2011, 09:57 AM
i recently bought the new sony cdxgt650uiw. love all the settings it has, plus the front, rear and subwoofer outputs. ive pretty much figured most of the settings out except for the HPF and LPF slope settings. first i have 6.5" pioneers in my front truck doors and 2 JL Audio 8" subs behind my seat. also have a set of old 6" X 9" behind my seat for a little, and i mean a little, extra sound. they all have there own separate amps. my question is how to properly adjust the HPF and LPF slopes. my HU has 1, 2 and 3 for adjustments for each. you cant turn them below 1 so thats where they start out at. i called sony but they said the unit was so new that they dont fully understand the settings themselves. ive read about cross overs and some about slopes and it seems they the same, i think. i know when ive changed the settings on the slopes it made a difference. i have the HPF slope left at 1 and the LPF set to 2. when tuning the LPF to 2 it makes the speakers sound clearer. i think i have the basics on these settings, being as they are there to help blend the subwoofers to the mids to eliminate any gaps. im at a point that i just set them to what sounds good to me but would like to understand the settings better, with out getting really tech about.

keep_hope_alive
10-06-2011, 02:08 PM
i reviewed the manual, and it doesn't give an explanation. that is why support can't help you. you'd need to talk to an engineer at Sony, good luck with that.

most likely, the higher the number, the steeper the slope. my guess is as follows: 1 = 6dB/oct, 2 = 12dB/oct, and 3 = 18dB/oct.

hotrod351
10-06-2011, 03:18 PM
thats what i was ding yesterday. they kept transferring me, to what i thought was someone with more knowledge on this unit. the last tech i talked to said they had a few on the display board but hadnt messed with them to much. all and all its a great unit just the last piece of the puzzle to solve. and why they didnt go ahead and list what db each number was i dont know, but then, as of yesterday, they dont know either.