PDA

View Full Version : Burned by CoilBurner BEWARE

kpetree
10-05-2011, 12:32 PM
So, I thought I was buying two 18" AQ HDC3's from CoilBurner, from this forum, but I got scammed. He never posted up tracking info on which we agreed on, and keeps giving me excuses on when he will be shipping. I have in a message that he was going to ship the subs last Monday the 3rd, but he didn't I bought them a while ago. I thought this was a little odd, so I searched around and found his feedback on CACO, This is his feedback. Tuns out his name is NorthBeat on CACO, and he lives in Canada. If you ever see sellers name: Kevin StJohn or Justin StJohn
sellers email: r50qx4@hotmail.com, don't do it! I have opened a claim with Paypal and awaiting what happens next. This is a $hitty $475.00 lesson. I'm thinking about flying to Canada and beating some @ss. Here is some more feedback on this fuck3r:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/thunderdome-forum-members-only/448802-wot-scammer.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/450971-quantumaudio-scammer.html

http://www.canadiancaraudio.com/showthread.php?t=189354#post527819

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/*negative*-feedback/448874-another-noob-scammed.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/thunderdome-forum-members-only/446995-fishy-replies-fs-threads.html

There is noway to perma ban this guys IP address?

My links aren't showing up for some reason??? anyway, check this out http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/buyer-seller-trader-beware/71400-seller-beware-northbeat-2.html

dumple
10-05-2011, 12:39 PM
3rd was 2.days ago

Falcons
10-05-2011, 12:40 PM
He hasn't shipped in two days. Chill the **** out people are busy sometimes

kpetree
10-05-2011, 12:50 PM
He hasn't shipped in two days. Chill the **** out people are busy sometimes

Well he agreed to ship them last Monday, and giving his reputation wouldn't you be worried?

Falcons
10-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Well I would be a little worried but not enough to ***** about it. Try and get a dude perma banned. Give the guy a chance.

kpetree
10-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Well I would be a little worried but not enough to ***** about it. Try and get a dude perma banned. Give the guy a chance.

Give me a min and I'll fix the links.

kpetree
10-05-2011, 01:11 PM
The links are up

Falcons
10-05-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't even need to look at the links. You should always check to see a guys refrences before buying. Your fault. Now I'm going to take a nap. Good day.

bubbagumper6
10-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't see any relation between the links and Coilburner? Do you have proof that Coilburner = the scammer in the links?

kpetree
10-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't see any relation between the links and Coilburner? Do you have proof that Coilburner = the scammer in the links?

Yes, I googled his email that he provided to me for Paypal which is r50qx4@hotmail.com. On the second link you'll find the same info that i listed above.

kpetree
10-05-2011, 01:29 PM
I don't even need to look at the links. You should always check to see a guys refrences before buying. Your fault. Now I'm going to take a nap. Good day.

Agreed on it being my fault.. I'm just posting this so others don't fall for his BS.

dumple
10-05-2011, 01:44 PM
2 days man no need to publicly blast this guy(yet) if at all. yoi gave the guy 2 daya to ship 2 large woofers before you threwbhik inder the bus relax currently

kpetree
10-05-2011, 01:52 PM
2 days man no need to publicly blast this guy(yet) if at all. yoi gave the guy 2 daya to ship 2 large woofers before you threwbhik inder the bus relax currently

Wrong, he has had 6 days ship, they weren't bought last Monday. Also gave the fcker my number to contact me if there were any delays. he profile says he lives in TX, but that's the case.

myjaja
10-05-2011, 02:06 PM
I think you did the right thing in making this thread. He also has an amp for sale. Now im sure you saved a person from getting scammed. :D

kpetree
10-05-2011, 02:17 PM
I think you did the right thing in making this thread. He also has an amp for sale. Now im sure you saved a person from getting scammed. :D

FFS thank you! I know I'm right and ppl are giving me ****.

kpetree
10-05-2011, 07:15 PM
He was just online not too long ago, he wont respond through Paypal or my PM's.

Cornbreadxd
10-05-2011, 08:53 PM
yeah WTF are you supposed to do if someone is online but won't respond to PM? I'm kinda worried about a situation i'm in myself and my install is held up along with missing out on other sales.

audiobaun
10-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Well,I bought the Us Acoustics 4085 from him almost 2 weeks ago now..I live in Tx as well..I have been on ebay for a long time bought n sold,still do..I have been wondering where the amp is lately, but havent asked yet.Being in the same state,it shouldnt take but about 1 week through reg mail service to get here/from houston Tx. to Royse/rockwall,but...We will see.Some of us have to work and its not easy to get to ups, fed ex,Post office,ect. with the hours provided.I am having to work after hours of these services myself,and i can only let those know that i will get the item out to you the best that i can..So just be a little patient,and pay pal does have a claims dept for those types of situations.I myself,am being patient,and giving the time.

Louisiana_CRX
10-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Im glad everything worked out....

brodeisel
10-05-2011, 10:35 PM

what do you mean worked out i seee nothing has changed but another complaint kinda.

myjaja
10-05-2011, 10:37 PM

are you being sarcastic???? :uhoh:

Cornbreadxd
10-05-2011, 10:53 PM
well i'm all about being patient but I'd like to have a heads up because i like the fact that we can communicate on the forum but if the communication stops then the nervousness begins if you've been scammed before.

audiobaun
10-06-2011, 12:31 AM
I hear you Cornbreadxd...Crystal!! I will give an update of the outcome of my experience here on this forum.I have best interest of all on this forum.

Louisiana_CRX
10-06-2011, 12:36 AM
what do you mean worked out i seee nothing has changed but another complaint kinda.

i must of read wrong I thought everything worked out

RAM_Designs
10-06-2011, 12:53 AM
i must of read wrong I thought everything worked out

Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

whitedragon551
10-06-2011, 07:37 AM
His other screen names are Qxxx4, WOT, QuantumAudio which are all known scammers.

kpetree
10-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Well,I bought the Us Acoustics 4085 from him almost 2 weeks ago now..I live in Tx as well..I have been on ebay for a long time bought n sold,still do..I have been wondering where the amp is lately, but havent asked yet.Being in the same state,it shouldnt take but about 1 week through reg mail service to get here/from houston Tx. to Royse/rockwall,but...We will see.Some of us have to work and its not easy to get to ups, fed ex,Post office,ect. with the hours provided.I am having to work after hours of these services myself,and i can only let those know that i will get the item out to you the best that i can..So just be a little patient,and pay pal does have a claims dept for those types of situations.I myself,am being patient,and giving the time.
He doesn't live in Texas, he lives in Canada. I'd start up a claim before it's too late.

yeah WTF are you supposed to do if someone is online but won't respond to PM? I'm kinda worried about a situation i'm in myself and my install is held up along with missing out on other sales.
I hear ya!

well i'm all about being patient but I'd like to have a heads up because i like the fact that we can communicate on the forum but if the communication stops then the nervousness begins if you've been scammed before.
He will communicate until you call him out.

His other screen names are Qxxx4, WOT, QuantumAudio which are all known scammers.
That's exactly what I found out through his email on a google search. Can we get a MOD to check and see how many other screen names this guy has? never mind, you are a MOD! For all those people that sent him money, I'd start a claim.

Louisiana_CRX
10-06-2011, 10:01 AM
i did hear Canada is having trouble with their postal system which could be the delay...but it seems thats probably not the case here

kpetree
10-06-2011, 10:20 AM
i did hear Canada is having trouble with their postal system which could be the delay...but it seems thats probably not the case here

I wish that was the case.

RAM_Designs
10-06-2011, 06:52 PM

I had no idea coilburner was WOT, permaban that asshat.

kpetree
10-06-2011, 06:55 PM
I had no idea coilburner was WOT, permaban that asshat.

He sure is. I tried proving that with the links, but all the @ssholes on the first page told me to chill out.

VWBobby
10-06-2011, 07:24 PM
This is the exact reason this forum has gone to $hit for a lot of sales. You try to keep people honest and you have a bunch of people trying to defend based on reputation. I have bought on this forum 2 times, both times with pictures, and both times I was scammed to a degree. I received my items, but they were not as pictured and I'm sure one item wasn't even the same one that was in the picture (not from Coilburner, btw).

If Goob is so interested in preserving his Google ad revenue and making this website a sellable entity, he should try to provide a better level of customer service for his customers. ;) Letting his Customers (users) get scammed by other users is not productive for making this site a profitable business. What's the use of having moderators that have no power to moderate/ban/delete scamming users? :rage:

whitedragon551
10-06-2011, 10:48 PM
This is the exact reason this forum has gone to $hit for a lot of sales. You try to keep people honest and you have a bunch of people trying to defend based on reputation. I have bought on this forum 2 times, both times with pictures, and both times I was scammed to a degree. I received my items, but they were not as pictured and I'm sure one item wasn't even the same one that was in the picture (not from Coilburner, btw).

If Goob is so interested in preserving his Google ad revenue and making this website a sellable entity, he should try to provide a better level of customer service for his customers. ;) Letting his Customers (users) get scammed by other users is not productive for making this site a profitable business. What's the use of having moderators that have no power to moderate/ban/delete scamming users? :rage:

We have the power to ban. The reason he hasnt is so he has a chance to communicate with the buyer.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

We have the power to ban. The reason he hasnt is so he has a chance to communicate with the buyer.

VWBobby
10-07-2011, 10:43 AM

If you know he has other screen names that he has been scamming under, WHY wouldn't you perma-ban him after the 2nd or 3rd alias?
Letting people make multiple names is opening the door to scamming, harassment, etc. Multiple screen names should be at least a temporary ban and a perma-ban after the 3rd name is created. ;) [/soapbox]

kpetree
10-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Not only that, he has had multiple times to communicate with me.

whitedragon551
10-07-2011, 11:19 AM
If you know he has other screen names that he has been scamming under, WHY wouldn't you perma-ban him after the 2nd or 3rd alias?
Letting people make multiple names is opening the door to scamming, harassment, etc. Multiple screen names should be at least a temporary ban and a perma-ban after the 3rd name is created. ;) [/soapbox]

Ignorance is bliss. His other screen names are all banned except for the one in question here. The only reason its not banned is so he can communicate with the OP.

kpetree
10-07-2011, 11:37 AM
I think Bobby was trying to imply that after two accounts of being a known scammer, why would CA let him make another account.

whitedragon551
10-07-2011, 11:55 AM
I think Bobby was trying to imply that after two accounts of being a known scammer, why would CA let him make another account.

Cant do anything about it. He can change his IP when he wants. All we can do is ban his screen names. This is why we offer to IP check anyone before you make a deal.

kpetree
10-07-2011, 12:07 PM
That's great, I didn't know you offered IP checks before any transaction. I'm not blaming anyone besides myself, I just wanted people to be aware of this guy, because he also has some amps for sale and his original post with the HDC3's is still open.

Ali1
10-07-2011, 12:08 PM
OP did the right thing. If the man said it will ship on day X, then he expects tracking number on day X. If the seller for whatever reason cannot ship the item as said, then send a quick PM letting buyer know... Too many scammers in this forum. Everyone has the the right to be concerned if item has not been shipped on the day said.

VWBobby
10-08-2011, 11:01 AM

Exactly. I wonder how long Whitedragon has known that Coilburner is the same person as the other accounts? You could have a double email verification system where they must have 2 working email accounts to verify their identity. Eventually they would grow tired of making fake yahoo and gmail accounts. ;)

whitedragon551
10-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Exactly. I wonder how long Whitedragon has known that Coilburner is the same person as the other accounts? You could have a double email verification system where they must have 2 working email accounts to verify their identity. Eventually they would grow tired of making fake yahoo and gmail accounts. ;)

I have only known since this thread was made. I dont just sit around and do IP checks.

hari-bhari
10-22-2011, 02:13 PM
i just bought an mb quart amp from him two weeks ago, finally got around to installing it today, and it's dead :( what happened to this guy? do we have any recourse??

-01limited-
10-22-2011, 02:29 PM
i just bought an mb quart amp from him two weeks ago, finally got around to installing it today, and it's dead :( what happened to this guy? do we have any recourse??

Better open a paypal claim. and if you paid as gift or didnt use paypal you're sol.

hari-bhari
10-22-2011, 02:30 PM
i just did. thankfully i didnt send as a gift, but i did use my bank account so my CC company wont back me up. he has replied to my claim saying that the amp was tested, but it is definitely NOT working

whitedragon551
10-22-2011, 02:33 PM
i just did. thankfully i didnt send as a gift, but i did use my bank account so my CC company wont back me up. he has replied to my claim saying that the amp was tested, but it is definitely NOT working

Id submit as evidence IP address information along with the other associated scam accounts he has used in the past.

xmakeafistx
10-22-2011, 05:36 PM
To think I was going to buy from this guy...

what a shame.

disturbed471985
10-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Sry to hear about yalls losses. I never buy from anyone unless they are willing to take half now half once I test unless its a member I have known since 09 and have atleast a 10+ Itrader rating on this site.

assassin1840
10-22-2011, 11:18 PM
that ***** about this , how do you do an ip thingy mabobber

whitedragon551
10-22-2011, 11:18 PM
**** **** *****, how do you do an ip thingy mabobber

PM a mod.

kpetree
10-23-2011, 10:42 AM

Paypal finally favored me after a long month. Sorry to hear that though, I tried warning you to open a claim up before he took off with the funds.

hari-bhari
10-23-2011, 09:44 PM
wait so if he has already pulled the funds from his account, paypal wont cover me?

hari-bhari
10-23-2011, 09:48 PM
i have his address from the shipping label... should i post it? anyone here from around ontario??

myjaja
10-23-2011, 09:57 PM
i have his address from the shipping label... should i post it? anyone here from around ontario??

yes you should

hari-bhari
10-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Address:
Kevin St John
400 Scott Blvd
Milton CA 0WL9T0T2

Phone: 905-691-6138

kpetree
10-24-2011, 05:29 PM
wait so if he has already pulled the funds from his account, paypal wont cover me?

If he already transferred the funds to his bank account, then it's doubtful you will see your money. Paypal will favor you, but you wont receive any funds back. Good luck, and hopefully he didn't transfer the funds yet.

hari-bhari
10-24-2011, 06:24 PM
wtf? what's the point of buyer protection if you can't get your money back....

Dirtrider4eva
10-24-2011, 06:26 PM
contact el wheenie.. he lives in that vicinity!

hari-bhari
10-24-2011, 06:48 PM
cant find anyone by that username

ace_800
10-24-2011, 07:09 PM
he ment eL_wEeNsTeR but hes in the USA CA, not a Canuck.

kpetree
10-24-2011, 08:23 PM
wtf? what's the point of buyer protection if you can't get your money back....

I believe the buyer protection is mainly for ebay purchases, I may be wrong though. Also, that address that he provided is fake.

If you want, I can provide you with my claim number and other info so that paypal knows you're not the first guy he ripped off.

brodeisel
10-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Im so happy this has not happened to me yet. I have bought like 8 things from this forum already. Hope everyone gets there money back if they havent yet.

hari-bhari
10-25-2011, 05:52 PM
escalated to claim yest and submitted all these threads as evidence. we'll see what happens