PDA

View Full Version : help first time designing enclosure- single 10inch

binks.333.binks
10-04-2011, 10:06 AM
This is my first time designing/building a box. I figured I would just design and build a new box for the 10inch in the logitech z-5500 for practice before building a box for my car. As far as designing if someone could explain to me the easiest way to do this im pretty confused on designing it. I'm pretty sure what to do on how to build it once i get the design though. thanks for helpin me out in advance.

kushy_dreams
10-04-2011, 02:30 PM
What kind of car is it going into? What kind of power are you running? What are you looking to achieve with it? Probably no tsp data available for that woofer, which will make it kinda hard. Were you the friend of the guy with the green cougar at the MECA Ohio show on Sunday?

Most 10s will do pretty good in 1-1.3cubes with a 3in round port tuned to the mid 30s, but this is a real general guideline and could change depending on your goals.

binks.333.binks
10-04-2011, 02:35 PM
yeah thats me from the show sunday, after talkin to you i decided i wanted to try and build a box haha. but this isn't going in a car its goin in my room for my computer system. I'm startin off buildin a box for this to get some practice before buildin a box for my car. As far as power i think its only like 120watt sub and i want to try and build a slot port tuned to around 35.

kushy_dreams
10-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Well then try 1 cube with 12sq in of port area and tune it to 35. If you're gonna use the oem plate amp, don't forget to work in its displacement.

kushy_dreams
10-04-2011, 02:53 PM
I like to use 1 5/8 coarse thread drywall screws and loctite power grab heavy duty construction adhesive but Titebond II woodglue works good. Its always a good idea to predrill the screw holes or you risk the wood splitting and go about 1.5-2inches in from the corners or you will split the wood.