PDA

View Full Version : Deck Fuse Shorting out?

cbuts
10-01-2011, 10:06 PM
well, once in a while ill start my car, and my deck wont work, and ill have to open a panel on my passenger side and use plyers and take out a '10' fuse and plug it back in for it to work again.

is there a solution to this?

its a 2006 chev malibu.

when i bought it, i went to dealer and got door locks keychain installed everything was fine.

i goto futureshop and buy a dash kit + wiring harness for $260 , and i bought a deck, theres a slot for the deck, and then under it is a slot for the temperature and what not on a display screen.

problems ive had:

i go to get into my car and my stereo system is playing by itself.

i go to get into my car sometimes, turn it on, and theres no power to the deck or mini display screen, so i have to unplug the '10' and plug it back in for it to work ( but it resets all my deck settings )

another problem ive encountered a month ago which put my system out of commision is that my subs were acting funky one day sounding liek they had no power going to them.
so i though tnothing of it, went inside, go to get into my car, and it wont start. so i unplugged the fuse under the hood and now my car has been working fine ever since, ( im pretty sure this is a seperate problem, and the problem to it is that i think my amp is staying on all the time, or its just broken and sucking too much juice ) so im going to be upgrading my system(another thread)
my fuse under the hood is unplugged, and my car is running fine, but my deck still loses power alot and i have to replug the fuse in for it.

if you need any other information please ask.
thanks and greatly appreciated.

Z1NONLY
10-01-2011, 10:33 PM
HU playing by itself makes me think it's incorrectly connected to constant 12 volts and/or in "demo mode".

Some HU's also have a "power saver" function where they will turn themselves off if they don't have any settings changed for x amount of time. I don't know if that would cause the deck to require a power reset, but it's the easiest thing to check for using your instruction manual and the menu on the deck.

cbuts
10-02-2011, 07:41 PM
well, ill look into the manual, any other feedback?

cbuts
10-05-2011, 02:25 PM
my deck is a jvc kd-620 , if that helps?

cbuts
10-27-2011, 04:45 PM
someone suggested it being the $250 dash kit i bought .

disturbed471985
10-27-2011, 04:48 PM
260 for a harness and some brackets???? Gold screws or something I hope

cbuts
10-29-2011, 12:13 PM
its a 250$ dash kit that has the display screen for temp and ****, idk why its so expensived\