PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood KDC-X895?

Ninesvnsicks
09-23-2011, 08:15 PM
What do you guys think about the Kenwood KDC-X895 Head Unit? I'm selling my pioneer deh-5100ub to my brother for $100 and was thinking about ordering the KDC-X895 to replace it off ebay for about $168 what do you guys think?

Ninesvnsicks
09-24-2011, 11:38 PM
So I think I am going to order this head unit I keep reading over the manual and finding new features I like the only thing I am worried about is the rumor I hear about it being hard to read in the day. I really want another alpine head unit but all their new ones have horrible features I loved my 9833 and I would get an older alpine but I really need usb. Does anyone actually own this head unit or have some wisdom they would like to share before I make my decision?

Ninesvnsicks
09-25-2011, 08:25 PM
So I'm trying to decide between the kdc-x895 and the next model up the kdc-x995 basically the difference is the 995 has an hd radio tuner built in its about a $40 difference is hd radio worth it?

Wattser93
09-25-2011, 11:43 PM
I can't comment on the HD radio, I've never used one.

I own a Kenwood KDC-X693 and it has the really glossy finish on the face. It looks nice at night and the colors "pop", but when the sun hits it, it's a mirror and you can't see much at all. It's definitely is a pain at times, but I sacrificed visibility for features and bang for buck when I bought it.

Robert.j
09-26-2011, 12:20 AM
I had the x795 and a few months ago I changed to the x895 (all eBay stuff). The X895 is great really simple and has excellent SQ, the Bluetooth works like a charm. The one difference about the previous one that I had was the DAC for the USB, It did a good job but in my case it colored too much the music. I have no problem with the display since my windshield is not very steep, so it is protected by the roof shade, but you can set the display to any color that you want or works better. I don't have any experience with the alpine's HU, but for the ebay deal they are worth every penny...

hispls
09-26-2011, 12:26 AM
Your dash has a pretty decent overhang over the HU. I don't have a problem ready my Kenwood display. I have had a couple similar ones this year. I got the one with options to crossover all channels (not all models have that) It was convenient for my application. Otherwise they function as well as anything.

Ninesvnsicks
09-26-2011, 12:44 AM
Yea my dash has an overhang that will probably help I went with the x895 for the usb on front and cheaper since I don't listen to radio much. My brother needed a hu and had $100 bux so I told him id sell him my pioneer so basically i'm getting the kenwood for 66 bux I can't wait to hear it. I'm so glad to hear you guys say it sounds good since I just ordered it about an hour ago lol.

Ninesvnsicks
09-26-2011, 12:46 AM
Your dash has a pretty decent overhang over the HU. I don't have a problem ready my Kenwood display. I have had a couple similar ones this year. I got the one with options to crossover all channels (not all models have that) It was convenient for my application. Otherwise they function as well as anything.

Yea my dash has an overhang that will probably help I went with the x895 for the usb on front and cheaper since I don't listen to radio much. My brother needed a hu and had $100 bux so I told him id sell him my pioneer so basically i'm getting the kenwood for 66 bux I can't wait to hear it. I'm so glad to hear you guys say it sounds good since I just ordered it about an hour ago lol.

Ninesvnsicks
09-26-2011, 12:46 AM
Forum failed and made me post a lot idk why.

Ninesvnsicks
09-26-2011, 12:57 AM
forum failed and made me post a lot not sure why.

Ninesvnsicks
09-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Head Unit should be here tomorrow I can't wait.

Ninesvnsicks
09-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Installed and sounds pretty good doesn't have as many kewl lcd features but lots of audio settings which I like I need to rtfm tho since it has no info or clock when its powered off and I want at least a clock.

Ninesvnsicks
10-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Well so far I can't figure out how to show the display when the unit is powered off if anyone could shed some light on it that would be great.

r0llinlacs
10-09-2011, 11:44 AM
I can see the display on my KDC-X595 in the brightest sun. The two units have pretty much the same display.

Pataforce8
10-09-2011, 11:57 AM
I had an x794 and there were times that I couldn't see the display. It was pretty easy for me to memorize all of the functions though so I never really needed to see the display.