PDA

View Full Version : Hello from nashville Tn.

Brandon Grubbs
09-20-2011, 01:33 AM
Hey guys, My name is brandon and i am from nashville Tn. I have made a few post already but just now getting around to making a intro! I have been installing car audio since 2001. It all started at circuit city when i was 18. The day after i graduated highschool. My bestfriends dad was a installer there and he told me when i graduated he would have the job waiting for me!! But i have been into cars since much younger then that. So 10 years later i am still in the game. I now work for a shop here in nashville called 12gaugeaudio. So i just sold my 88 turbo supra that i built from the ground up(miss the car so much) and now i have a 99 lexus sc300 that i have big plans for!!! It will be going n/a-t and with a nice sound system!! I have a temp build in it for now with audiopipe subs and amps. Dont hate, its just for now, lolz. Hope to meet some cool people and learn some new stuff!!

couple of pics of my sc!!

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab171/brgrubbs26/2011-09-06130821-1.jpg

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab171/brgrubbs26/2011-09-15130412-1.jpg

Buck
09-20-2011, 01:35 AM
Talented guy right here! He puts the looks of my install to shame :crap:

Brandon Grubbs
09-20-2011, 01:42 AM
HAHA! thanks for the kind words buck, but my roof is not flexing...yours is!!! lolz

Buck
09-20-2011, 01:45 AM
You're also a great alarm installer. You bring a lot to the table :fyi:

Brandon Grubbs
09-20-2011, 01:59 AM
thanks man! You should try and tell dave that. Maby I could get a raise!! Lol

Bumpin' Goalie
09-20-2011, 02:11 AM
I may end up meeting you come summer when I return to Nashville. I live about 5 minutes from 12 Gauge.

And Buck, I still want to see you go flush to your window line and use vinyl or carpet. :D

Nice to see you on the forums. My vehicle won't impress anyone with flex, but I'll make their ears happy. Who knows what the next build will bring. Tuned in for future local builds.

Brandon Grubbs
09-20-2011, 02:35 AM
Hell yea man, hopefully we can meet up and talk some audio...we need more local builds fo sho!

Buck does need to flush it up to the window line. He can still be loud with looks!

Bumpin' Goalie
09-20-2011, 02:44 AM
Hell yea man, hopefully we can meet up and talk some audio...we need more local builds fo sho!

Buck does need to flush it up to the window line. He can still be loud with looks!

Sounds good. I'll be around the shop a fair bit. Did you guys get the expansion taken care of into the larger building next door? Feel free to chime in for my next build. :) Either small-space "SQL" or all out SQ. Still undecided. Right now I'm heavily leaning SQ.

Phoenix Risen
09-20-2011, 02:52 AM
ill probably be around your area in feb if i decide to go for meca judge training. i may have to stop in while im there.

Brandon Grubbs
09-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Sounds good. I'll be around the shop a fair bit. Did you guys get the expansion taken care of into the larger building next door? Feel free to chime in for my next build. :) Either small-space "SQL" or all out SQ. Still undecided. Right now I'm heavily leaning SQ.

We did moved into the building next door!! Sooooo much more room now to get stuff done! I will be checking your build out...do you have any ideas on what your going to do yet?

Brandon Grubbs
09-20-2011, 12:39 PM
ill probably be around your area in feb if i decide to go for meca judge training. i may have to stop in while im there.

hell yea man! Stop by anytime! You should do the meca thing. A good friend of mine was a judge for meca and he said he had a blast!! You should do it!

Bumpin' Goalie
09-20-2011, 01:20 PM
We did moved into the building next door!! Sooooo much more room now to get stuff done! I will be checking your build out...do you have any ideas on what your going to do yet?

That's good. I moved right before the move so I have yet to see the new layout. I have my "utility" build in now allowing me to load/unload things on the false floor for winter and travels. Here's the log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/511814-bumpins-summer-2011-build.html

Next summer I will probably keep the same amplifier, try a new head unit and tweeters, possibly get some more surface area (subwoofer). The false floor will be redone to allow a tad bit more space either for cargo or a larger woofer.

jeepintn
09-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Welcome to the site, you must be the new installer buck told me about :applause:

Nut Hair Trick
09-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Welcome to the site! Very nice looking "temp" build. I will probably be through there later in the year to buy some HATS for my doors. I look forward to meeting you guys.

Brandon Grubbs
09-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Welcome to the site, you must be the new installer buck told me about :applause:

Some what the new installer for 12gauge...i have been doing installs for dave for 3years but now I am full time with him...buck did tell me you have a clean *** ride and sound system. I would like to check it out sometime?!? I love to see real work done to cars!

Brandon Grubbs
09-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Welcome to the site! Very nice looking "temp" build. I will probably be through there later in the year to buy some HATS for my doors. I look forward to meeting you guys.

Thanks! I will be doing the HATS too for my front stage! They are a very clean sounding speaker!

Brandon Grubbs
09-20-2011, 09:52 PM
That's good. I moved right before the move so I have yet to see the new layout. I have my "utility" build in now allowing me to load/unload things on the false floor for winter and travels. Here's the log: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/511814-bumpins-summer-2011-build.html

Next summer I will probably keep the same amplifier, try a new head unit and tweeters, possibly get some more surface area (subwoofer). The false floor will be redone to allow a tad bit more space either for cargo or a larger woofer.

Glad to see you got a build going on!! Looking good so far!

jeepintn
09-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks! I will be doing the HATS too for my front stage! They are a very clean sounding speaker!

i have two sets up front, LOVE them. im gonna bring the chevelle by the shop soon

Brandon Grubbs
09-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Hell yea man! You would make everyone in east nashville jealous...lol

jeepintn
09-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Hell yea man! You would make everyone in east nashville jealous...lol

nah, rims arent donk enough haha

Buck
09-20-2011, 10:20 PM
nah, rims arent donk enough haha

:laugh:

Unfortunately, so true.

AlterEgo99
09-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Welcome to car audio nirvana...heaven on Earth.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m620/wrmorris1956/Heaven.jpg