PDA

View Full Version : Recomendations for a sub in this box?

CleanPrix
09-18-2011, 10:43 PM
I know your average joe would buy a sub then build a box to specs, but not me. I have a box i bought a while back and it fits PERFECT in my trunk. I couldn't tell you what its tuned to or anything, I can only describe it and show you the pic. Length is 35"x13"x13" with an 11" port, 3" wide. Like the box below but w/o the wall shaped like a V. Inside the port ends roughly 12" away from the edge. With that info, is there anyway i could get a subwoofer recommendation that isn't extremely high powered or expensive? I have a fosgate Punch HX2 in it now and had an MTX 9500 in it. I took out the 9500 because i couldn't feed it enough (SVC 4ohm, yah, didnt know they made them either).

Box Isn't exactly like mine, but its the best reference point i could find.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/jokers_high/12snailshell.jpg

snoopdan
09-18-2011, 10:51 PM
i know your average joe would buy a sub then build a box to specs, but not me. I have a box i bought a while back and it fits perfect in my trunk. I couldn't tell you what its tuned to or anything, i can only describe it and show you the pic. Length is 35"x13"x13" with an 11" port, 3" wide. Like the box below but w/o the wall shaped like a v. Inside the port ends roughly 12" away from the edge. With that info, is there anyway i could get a subwoofer recommendation that isn't extremely high powered or expensive? i have a fosgate punch hx2 in it now and had an mtx 9500 in it. I took out the 9500 because i couldn't feed it enough (svc 4ohm, yah, didnt know they made them either).

Box isn't exactly like mine, but its the best reference point i could find.

no.

Bettr n' Revrse
09-18-2011, 10:55 PM
It would help if we could get the box guys in here to tell us the specs on that box...

CleanPrix
09-18-2011, 11:07 PM
no.

AWESOME! Way to be a waste of space.

CleanPrix
09-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Box would be about 2.3cft(including port space), port is about 38"x3"x11"