PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking about a new HU...

07maximan
09-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Right now I have an Eclipse AVN52D. It's a decent unit but I feel it's a bit lacking in sound quality. I recently found an Alpine CDA 117 very cheap and am seriously thinking about installing it. Before I do I have a question. I like the double din look in my car,is there anything I can do to my current HU to get a little better sound out of it? The eq section of it is kind of lame....

Just a little info. I'm going to be running ID XS65 comps in the front with 200wpc feeding them. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

MisterDeadeye
09-13-2011, 10:34 PM
You could buy a 1/2 DIN EQ.

destined2race
09-13-2011, 10:55 PM
so your goin to ID's, what is your HU running right now? stock speakers?

07maximan
09-13-2011, 10:57 PM
so your goin to ID's, what is your HU running right now? stock speakers?

No I have Alpine Type Ref.

What kind of eq would you recommend?

destined2race
09-13-2011, 11:09 PM
well if your goin to IDs regardless i would hold off on the deck and least setup the new configuration and see how you like it. The ID's should sound alot better on there own than the alpines. No need to replace the HU if you dont need to, you have a good unit. The eclipse's usually have pretty good sound control. I have the AVN6600 5v and thought it sounded great.

07maximan
09-13-2011, 11:14 PM
well if your goin to IDs regardless i would hold off on the deck and least setup the new configuration and see how you like it. The ID's should sound alot better on there own than the alpines. No need to replace the HU if you dont need to, you have a good unit. The eclipse's usually have pretty good sound control. I have the AVN6600 5v and thought it sounded great.

This is good advice...I never even really thought of this. So you think there will be a big audible difference in the 2 speakers?