PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 9827 and KCA-121B/Aux input ai-net

JW20vt
09-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Greetings all ! :)

Wanted to first thank you for your time in reading my post
I am a newb here but lurking for awhile , Great forum! great info ...Butttttttt

I'm having a problem and everything I have searched isn't helping. and at the same time doesn't seem like I ca find a post with my exact problem through my searching.
I have a Alpine 9827 head unit installed in my forester, I know this unit is a few years old but I really need to have the ability to hook my ipod up to it since .. well I don't own any cd's anymore :)
I have searched , and searched.... and purchased a couple of different cables to try and have had no luck. Finally I was told to just go with a KCA-121B aux adapter and end my hunting for a solution. well , the KCA-121B hasn't helped either. with my KCA-121B installed and my ipod plugged in , I hear nothing still. If I turn up my 9827 to 35 I can hear faintly in background some noise and a slight audible sound of my ipod but thats it. I have checked my grounds and everything seems fine.
I have tried a generic house cable that actually charges the ipod also meant for ai-net Alpines with no luck, This led me to try just a RCA aux solution which the KCA-121B is but ..

If anyone can help shed some light on this please i'm all ears , I love my 9827 and really don't want to have to part with it because of this.... I also really can't afford a new head unit after having a newborn lil over month ago.

Hope everyone had a safe long weekend! thanks again for your time

JEremy

JW20vt
09-10-2011, 04:27 AM
A please help me bump:)

Bassin Buick
09-10-2011, 04:30 AM
go in the menu and turn on aux. manual is here

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/500/500CDA9826.PDF

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

check page 12 in the PDF

JW20vt
09-12-2011, 05:32 AM
Thank you for the reply and link to the manual ... I have already set the AUX input to on and have same results ,Getting desperate not really having any luck with getting this to work . I understand older head unit not being able to work a ipod but I read about people with same head unit having no problems and even older alpines working fine. ugh :(

Thanks again for the reply

disturbed471985
09-12-2011, 05:42 AM
Some HU's old ones and new ones will only wrk with certain Ipods. It may be that your gen ipod is one that is not supported by the HU. To test and see if thats the case try a friends ipod assuming its a different gen then your ipod and see if it wrks.

trumpet
09-12-2011, 03:46 PM
There is a hack you can try that might work, but it didn't work on my Alpine 7894. Use a SPST switch in line with the pink INT(interrupt) wire connected to ground. Switch the head unit to AUX and flip the switch, which should make the screen show INTERRUPT. I tried that on my 7894 to use an Ai-net to RCA adapter and also with an Alpine CD changer. In both cases the audio was extremely faint.

Rich B
09-12-2011, 04:00 PM
I dont know if this applies, but from a review of your adapter on Crutchfield........

Alpine KCA-121B Auxiliary Input Adapter
Written By memyself, CA on Sunday, October 22, 2006

I just thought I should add this little note, I just learned myself, since this pink/black lead is really intendede to MUTE your stereo when getting a phonecall or something of this nature, your stereo is DEFAULT set to 'MUTE ON' in the menu, so you need to set this to OFF after that it works like a charm on my late 90's Alpine unit!! Check your manual how to do this!

Bottom line if you have an AINET input AND a PINK/BLACK lead you should be good to go!

Alpine KCA-121B Auxiliary Input Adapter Converts the changer port on Alpine stereos to an aux input - Reviews at Crutchfield.com (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500KCA121B/Alpine-KCA-121B-Auxiliary-Input-Adapter.html?tp=1672&tab=review&rvm=ShowAllt)

Bettr n' Revrse
10-18-2011, 07:20 AM
Im running an RCA-3.5mm cord on my 9855 and am having the same problem!!!

trumpet
10-18-2011, 05:38 PM
I replaced my 7894 and now that it's out of the car I noticed the Ai-Net switch was set to "EQ/DIV" instead of "Norm". This I suspect is the reason I wasn't getting audio at the correct level from the Ai-Net port with a CD changer connected. It's something else to check. I have a 7998 now and the Aux in works perfectly.

Bettr n' Revrse
10-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Mine isnt plugged into the Ai net though... Im not running active yet so I went a bought an RCA connector...

trumpet
10-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Did you plug the adapter into one of the pre-outs? You have to have an Ai-Net to RCA adapter to plug in an RCA to 3.5 mm adapter.

JW20vt
11-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Thank you all for the info and replies , I still am having the issue of not having my aux input working. I purchased another KCA-121B and had same results.

I am just soo frustrated cause it seems everyone ends up getting theres to work but right now its not looking to good for me. Can't really drop alot of cash on a new headunit with a newborn so really trying to get this to work out

when I have the KCA-121B plugged in , I have the Inturuipt on and like i said only time I can hear ANYTHING is with the alpine head unit turned all the way up and it sounds like its way in the distance u can hear the ipod playing. I have check the pink/black wire and its grounded so the INT will work. I am just really ready to see if I can sell this 9827 cheap and put the cash twords a new headunit. I know this unit is some years old but still popular on ebay and forums cause of the 4v preamp and such so worse case I guess I can try to unload it cheap... but I realllllly don't want to

Thanks again to all who have helped and anyone who could maybe suggest anything I havent tried yet.