PDA

View Full Version : pioneer avh-p4300dvd question

carlrb
09-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Hello, I have a pioneer AVH-P4300 HU in my truck and was wondering if anyone knew if the pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth unit was compatable with a HTC Inspire phone. And could I watch netflix on my HU by Bluetooth with it. Thanks.

Tint N' Tronics
10-24-2011, 11:29 AM
The bluetooth hands free kit is capable with all phones with bluetooth. It won't however stream any video.

Heeltoeclutch
10-24-2011, 04:35 PM
The bluetooth hands free kit is capable with all phones with bluetooth. It won't however stream any video.

Yes this - however the Inspire has hdmi out, correct? The 4300 has A/V inputs... with some converter magic you may be able to watch movies from your phone :)

edit: found these

HDMI to VGA and 3 RCA Audio Video AV Adapter Cable 5ft - DinoDirect.com (http://www.dinodirect.com/HDMI-to-VGA-3-RCA-Audio-Video-AV-Adapter-Cable-1-5M.html?cur=USD)

Hot sell mini hdmi to rca cable products, buy Hot sell mini hdmi to rca cable products from alibaba.com (http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/474398819/Hot_sell_mini_hdmi_to_rca.html?s=p)

the second one is from a wholesale site I think - but they exist :D

engi
10-30-2011, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=Heeltoeclutch;7785641]Yes this - however the Inspire has hdmi out, correct? The 4300 has A/V inputs... with some converter magic you may be able to watch movies from your phone :)

I looked at some forums before doing this myself. I don't think those cables will do it...you need a converter that will change the digital signal from the HDMI out to the analog signal needed for the composite A/V input in the p4300dvd. I did this a few months ago with this converter:

HDMI to Composite /S-Video Converter 3RCA CRT TV CVBS (search for it on Amazon, wont let me post the link here)

It was a bit of a pain to install. Had to run a mini HDMI out to the standard HDMI in of this converter, then plug the converter into an inverter which I have plugged into the DC out (cig lighter) in my trunk, then run composite out from the converter to the back of the HU. Finally, since I have the original Droid X, I don't have a screen clone, so I had to download the Xternal Display app from the droid market. After install, works great. I can stream Netflix (or any other video), as well as NAV from my droid X (saves $400 for the NAV antenna).

My point is... you're right, it can be done... just make sure you get the right hardware.

Heeltoeclutch
11-13-2011, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=Heeltoeclutch;7785641]Yes this - however the Inspire has hdmi out, correct? The 4300 has A/V inputs... with some converter magic you may be able to watch movies from your phone :)

I looked at some forums before doing this myself. I don't think those cables will do it...you need a converter that will change the digital signal from the HDMI out to the analog signal needed for the composite A/V input in the p4300dvd. I did this a few months ago with this converter:

HDMI to Composite /S-Video Converter 3RCA CRT TV CVBS (search for it on Amazon, wont let me post the link here)

It was a bit of a pain to install. Had to run a mini HDMI out to the standard HDMI in of this converter, then plug the converter into an inverter which I have plugged into the DC out (cig lighter) in my trunk, then run composite out from the converter to the back of the HU. Finally, since I have the original Droid X, I don't have a screen clone, so I had to download the Xternal Display app from the droid market. After install, works great. I can stream Netflix (or any other video), as well as NAV from my droid X (saves $400 for the NAV antenna).

My point is... you're right, it can be done... just make sure you get the right hardware.

That's pretty cool.... wish I could have netflix in my car :laugh: nice work mang.