PDA

View Full Version : Several weeks of research and I'v narrowed it down to 4

WillieM96
08-20-2011, 11:46 PM
I could use some guidance. I'd like to upgrade my stock system to something that has hands free phone capability. I will add a subwoofer down the line but I haven't decided whether or not I'll get an amp for the other speakers. If I do, it'll probably only be the front speakers. Here's what I've narrowed it down to:

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695: It has everything I want but when I looked at it in the store, it felt REALLY cheap. It doesn't feel like it will hold up.

Sony Xplōdô MEX-BT3900U: In the past, I have really liked Sony audio equipment but Sony seems to get little respect in the car audio world. Am I wrong?

Clarion CZ501: This was at the top of my list a week ago but it seems everyone on the internet hates any Clarion that is not their top tier product. I have not seen any reviews on this model yet.

Pioneer DEH-7300BT: I would put this at the top of the list but it is not satellite radio ready. I can do without satellite radio if this really is an excellent unit but if it's on par with the others, I'd rather go with one that is satellite ready.

Your thoughts? Am I leaving anything out that you feel I should look into? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

papermaker
08-21-2011, 01:46 AM
Id go with the one that sounds best..
Probably the kenwood..

subzero
08-21-2011, 02:04 AM
I bought a kenwood. used for one day, then yanked it out and put my sony back in....

Sony offers a better audio control. older pioneers are good. new ones are ok.
Clarion makes a good deck if you get the high end ones.

I would go with the sony first, pioneer second, clarion depends how deep my pockets are.