PDA

View Full Version : box help

SMS
08-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I have box except for port and top. The Internal dim are 26-13-13 = 2.54cuft.
I would like it to work well with a 12" typeR and a SA12 if that is possible.
Using 12volts port calculator I have come up with a 13"x1.75"x20" long L shaped port giving me around 36Hz. The box would be 2.0cuft after port sub and 45degree peices.
I really dont know how to come up with the port width.
So if you think this would work let me know or suggest a better way
It will be getting 600watts rms in the trunk of a 01 maxima.
Thanks for any help.

akheathen
08-15-2011, 09:19 AM
well, i don't know the exact year/model of the alpine, but from what i googled, they should be close enough to make it work. i would go to a 2" wide port, though

SMS
08-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Thanks, Does anyone have a link that goes into detail on figuring a woofers box volume and port size by using the T/S parameters?

surreal
08-17-2011, 03:35 AM
SMS, the easiest/quickest you will find is by downloading WinISD and plugging in the specs for your specific woofer. Different subs will require different amounts of port area, volumes, etc to achieve similar responses or the response you are looking for (of course, it appears you understand this). WinISD will allow you to view a response graph of your subs output. It changes a bit in the vehicle, but this will get you off to a good start.
As a heads up in port area, check under the vents tab and make sure the number appears green. This is vent velocity and lets you know if there is any expected port noise for the given amount of port area/tuning/woofer.

Past this, there is further learning about the woofers specs in particular that you will be able to just look at yourself and get an idea of what size enclosure to use. Id start with WinISD first then read up on TSPs.

05trailblazer
08-17-2011, 04:05 AM
http://almostdumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/i-dont-know-what-the-is-going-on.jpg

SMS
08-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks surreal, I will try that out.

Buck
08-18-2011, 07:36 PM
If you need help man you can pm me.