PDA

View Full Version : replacing kenwood headunit W/BRAIN with alpine WO/BRAIN

VTdirty
08-02-2011, 11:05 AM
I had a kenwood single din dvd headunit that got fucked up by a shop that was putting in a ipod hook up for me. long story i got ripped of and never got the headunit back or fixed. So i want to take an alpine out of another car i have and put it in the truck. My question is the kenwood had a "Kenwood Monitor w/DVD Reciever Hide-Away Unit" or "Brain" it doesn't seem to be hooked up to the amp but I have limited experience with this stuff and wanted to see if anyone knows what i should do in this situation. Do i just wire up the head unit harnesses and hope for the best? Or is there something I can check to make sure the Brain won't be interfering with the alpine?

mast240
08-02-2011, 11:32 AM
the "brain" on the kenwood wont work with any other unit... if thats what your asking?

and if your just trying to hook up a new HU in place of the old, i would check your wiring harness... make sure its the original one for the car... the kenwood hideaway units run a wiring harness back from the stock harness.... but if thats disconnected, you should be straight to trow the new one in

VTdirty
08-02-2011, 12:08 PM
i'm trying to hook up an new head unit so the brain will be removed. what do you mean by "back from the stock harness"??