PDA

View Full Version : Local Shows/Competitions near NYC?

domingo3
08-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Are there shows near the city anywhere? I've tried checking out IASCA, MECCA, USACI as well as TNE SPL. It seems like there's comps in the south, mid-west, and up close to canada. I'd think that there'd be something close to a huge population center like NYC, but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.
I'd like to get back into the scene, but I'm not quite ready to drive several hours for a comp that I'd just be checking out - - not even close to ready to compete.

Thanks

SPL Blazer
08-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Don't think there's anything near NYC, that I know of. I'll be posting a TNESPL event for CT soon, might be the closest show for you.

DB-Audio
08-02-2011, 11:29 AM
there are gonna be a bunch of car show events happening in ct comming up soon not 100% on the spl side

domingo3
08-02-2011, 03:35 PM
@SPL Blazer -- Thanks, I'll see if I can make it out there.

@DB-Audio -- Where can I find info on these events? I'd actually prefer to see more than just SPL, but again, don't know where to look.

SPL Blazer
08-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Not sure yet, but I think Action Audio is working on trying to get a small car show added to the SPL at the show on the 28th. Details are in another thread in this section.

Mr. Slate
08-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Domingo, I've done shows in your area in Wappinger Falls at this baseball stadium......huge turnout. Guess that's not around anymore?

domingo3
08-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Mr. Slate,

The baseball stadium is around. I have not heard of a show. Do you know who put it on?

wone
08-27-2011, 01:06 PM
i too would like to know info on any up comming shows in vt or the surrounding areas

SPL Blazer
08-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Too late in the season now, but next season I'll see what I can do to bring at least one TNESPL comp to LI. One of the competitors had a couple of them this week for points only, very last minute on them so they didn't get posted outside of the TNESPL website. Should be able to get a couple down there next season, possibly a 2X as well.

domingo3
04-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Any luck getting something going in Long Island? The one show in CT is on a day I have to work (May 18th). I'll see if there's any way I can get out of it, but hoping there are other shows added to the schedule.

SPL Blazer
04-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Actually it's on Saturday May 19th. I'll be looking into getting at least one more in CT, but it's not definite.