PDA

View Full Version : whats better - 2 layers of Dynamat Xtreme or 1 layer of Second Skin Damplifier Pro ??

Saini.Preet
07-29-2011, 07:19 PM
i can get 80 sq ft of damplifier pro or 108 sq feet of dynamat xtreme at almost same price..so which one should i buy ?? i know damplifier pro is the best but would'nt 2 layers of xtreme be even better ?? the only thing i am worried about is does the dynamat xtreme smells ?? and does it stick good ?? i need to do the whole car except roof cuz its convertible.

sacsking916
07-29-2011, 07:30 PM
get the damp pro and dont waste your time with the dynamat. Iirc coleman did a huge comparison on deadeners in his vendor thread. might wanna check it out

MemphisLove
07-31-2011, 01:52 AM
Sound Deadener Showdown - Your Source for Sound Deadening Products and Information (http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi)

good MLV for cheap from him as his cld tiles

if not go with audiotechnix on the forum here and he will make you a good deal. If you dont like his offer check raamaudio.com. i love that deadner. smells for a couple hours then dissapates nicely.

whitedragon551
07-31-2011, 01:23 PM
SS and SDS are the only two products I would use. Two layers is a waste of material. If you go to SDS website there is plenty of information regarding the science behind it.

TheUnderFighter
07-31-2011, 01:38 PM
^ This. I've used AudioTechnix with terrific results. But two layers is a waste of your money. Do one layer, then do a layer of MLV barrier and you'll be amazing.

WheresTheButta
08-26-2011, 12:26 AM
I just want to chime in and confirm what the others said. Two layers is a waste of money when trying to stop resonance. You're better off using a better quality deadener and using less of it. If you want to add strength to panels, brace them and then deaden over that. As far as cutting down outside noise, MLV is the way to go. Talk to Don S. at sounddeanershowdown and he'll set you up.