PDA

View Full Version : Kicker L7 12" Single Cab?

MastaFlyMason
07-29-2011, 03:04 PM
I just got a Kicker L7 for cheap, and I was going to put it into my truck. I have a 2003 Sonoma single cab. I want the box to take up as much of the back as possible, but I need someone to build it for me and I also need some advice. I am not sure if I would have enough room to make it ported. The minimum required space is 3.0Cuft, for sealed it is 1.5. I am looking more to "feel" the bass than get loud. I want it to vibrate my **** a lot, and be pretty loud. I don't care about SQ obviously, its a fuckin kicker. So I am looking for some advice, and someone who I can pay to build and ship me the box.

05trailblazer
07-29-2011, 04:03 PM
need more specs. by the volume of the box you gave us im suggesting is going to be a 15 l7, and it should fit back there what are you cab dimensions??

MastaFlyMason
07-29-2011, 09:46 PM
need more specs. by the volume of the box you gave us im suggesting is going to be a 15 l7, and it should fit back there what are you cab dimensions??

The speaker is a 12" L7, probably going to be powered with a 1000rms amplifier. The width is around 50", height ~16", and the depth should only be enough to just barely fit the sub, I want to have as much leg room as possible. If someone is willing to make me a box PM me or email me at MastaFlymason@yahoo.com, I will pay but I still need advice on exactly what to do.

Thanks!

MastaFlyMason
07-29-2011, 09:56 PM
And I am not 100% set on an L7, it would be easier because I already have it, but if something would get louder that I could get for cheap I might look into it. I don't want to sacrifice as much room on the drivers side, I don't really care about the passengers side though. I was thinking the sub could be mounted behind the passenger and the box could be less thick behind the drivers side, maybe with the port right behind the driver's side.

akheathen
08-15-2011, 11:10 AM
hate to bump an oldish thread, but i have to throw a couple things out there- first, the ported range is 1.75-3.25 net, not counting the driver. 2nd, i built a box that does exactly what you want. 2.21ft^3 iirc. the problem is- you will need to mount it as low as possible, in the middle of the box, and use relief plates, just to get it to fit. you can actually get more cu. if you take the jack box out. fire against the rt b-pillar, tune to 35-36hz, and use a 12in^2 per cu port area ratio. you will shake the hell out of ****, just watch how much power you feed it.