PDA

View Full Version : need a custom box built, looking for someone in the IE/SoCal

HvNd4Speed
07-26-2011, 07:00 PM
box builder needed to custom fab and carpet a box for 2 12w6's and someone who knows what they are doing, its going in a 2005 honda element but this is not a regular box, there are some requirements I have.

PM me if you are in Riverside, Perris, Mo Val, Temecula, Menifee or other surrounding nearby areas, I dont care if you do this on the side or have a shop, I just want it done right.

pro-rabbit
07-26-2011, 07:02 PM
If you decide that you want one shipped I can see what I can do for you.

HvNd4Speed
07-26-2011, 07:06 PM
if only i still lived in Tulsa, the box i want is **** near impossible to ship...

pro-rabbit
07-26-2011, 07:07 PM
if only i still lived in Tulsa, the box i want is **** near impossible to ship...

lol, you wanting glass work?

HvNd4Speed
07-26-2011, 07:12 PM
no, jus regular ole 3/4" MDF, the problem is this...i need cargo space...i almost need a zero footprint box for 2-12w6's but that's not possible, the element has a 2 rear cargo plastic pockets on each side about 15" high. I'd like a 3/4" MDF base to be cut out to fit the trim above that and the box be custom built on top of that, it essentially would be a box on top of a plank, the subs would be shared chamber 2.6cubes sealed. maybe my idea sounds retarded but i need that little bit of cargo my mobile pc repair and also be able to access the spare tire, etc.

pro-rabbit
07-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Don't sound stupid at all, but I do think your right about needing the car in front of me to build it.

Could you get a pic of where you want the enclosure? I still may be able to help in some way.

Vagomire
07-26-2011, 07:27 PM
RAM_designs

He is really frickin good..

Here's his profile.
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/members/ram_designs.html

HvNd4Speed
07-26-2011, 07:37 PM
My idea was sparked by this element, guy totaled this one but he was selling his accessories, when I saw the pic I was like now thats a good option...that board looks much thicker than 3/4" but along those lines is what I'd be looking to do with a box on top, that still gives me room below to haul PC's and my tools, maybe doubling up to 2- 3/4" MDF pieces for some extra strength wouldnt be a bad thing.....i dont know....just all ideas in my mind right now

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6147/5979036601_0a6641e7ca.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/29505250@N08/5979036601/)
element rear rack (http://www.flickr.com/photos/29505250@N08/5979036601/) by cameron23_osu (http://www.flickr.com/people/29505250@N08/), on Flickr

pro-rabbit
07-26-2011, 07:40 PM
That would be easy if you can measure the area exactly right..just build a basic enclosure and then that plate to have them sit on. You can use L brackets to hold the enclosure in place for easy removal if you ever needed to.

HvNd4Speed
07-26-2011, 07:45 PM
well thats the thing, my thought is to make it all one piece so it doesnt move around...plus cut the bottom plate to fit the trim of the interior above those rear pockets....

pro-rabbit
07-26-2011, 07:46 PM
That is still not to bad unless there is a lot of curvature to the trim panel of course when means you need someone who can make a template and then transfer that to wood.

HvNd4Speed
07-26-2011, 08:25 PM
let me take some measurements in the next day or so....i just dont trust my tape measure skills

i was looking at the pics and if you were local....there is no question you are the person i am looking for, i really like the jl logo on this box, very cool!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/prorabbit/DC_Creations/th_IMAG0267.jpg (http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/prorabbit/DC_Creations/?action=view&current=IMAG0267.jpg)

The_Grimy_One
07-27-2011, 02:31 AM
Copy the link in my sig. Dudes name is Mike, he ships anywhere in the US and is sick with the wood work. Using Birch too, very light boxes.

pro-rabbit
07-27-2011, 02:39 AM
Copy the link in my sig. Dudes name is Mike, he ships anywhere in the US and is sick with the wood work. Using Birch too, very light boxes.

I see you didn't follow this thread very well huh?

DonH
07-27-2011, 02:44 AM
im in socal.... ontario actually. right up the 15

pro-rabbit
07-27-2011, 02:45 AM
im in socal.... ontario actually. right up the 15

How do you get away with your sig?(it is against the rules now)

OP-This guy can build some good enclosures as well, not sure if he is close or what, but worth a shot...

The_Grimy_One
07-27-2011, 02:46 AM
I see you didn't follow this thread very well huh?

Yup, I did. Figure he could hit him up, and at least get a price. He is cheaper, shipped, then most people local, if not all.

pro-rabbit
07-27-2011, 02:47 AM
Yup, I did. Figure he could hit him up, and at least get a price. He is cheaper, shipped, then most people local, if not all.

Obviously you didn't read the thread or the forum rules what so ever huh? lol

If you did then...well I don't know what to say about your inability to understand that he wants a local because it would be far easier with the car in front of the builder and he understands that.

DonH
07-27-2011, 02:49 AM
sorry man i didnt know now. ill go edit that out rabbit! i have respect for you so i can choose my battles lol

DonH
07-27-2011, 02:51 AM
and im 45 minutes up the road. 32 miles

pro-rabbit
07-27-2011, 02:51 AM
sorry man i didnt know now. ill go edit that out rabbit! i have respect for you so i can choose my battles lol

I was just giving you a hard time..not the other guy though haha...

You do good work man. I send a decent amount of cali people your way or at least tell them you are cheaper because of shipping.(shipping to cali is ridiculous for some reason)

HvNd4Speed
07-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Guys...thanks for all the info....Ontario is not far at all from me, its a straight shot up the 10, Im actually out in Hemet. I will be in Ontario this Saturday to drop off some family at the airport but will be using our Pilot for the luggage space, etc.

I really want a nice looking custom box made to fit the car and built to spec for my JL's, my last system was an absolute nightmare in my Tahoe, had it 'professionally' done and when I pulled out my system and undid what the installer had done, it was pathetic. I should have done it myself, it was simple enough but didn't have the time, so this time, I will do it myself just need the box made.

DonH....do you work out of a shop or home type setup? I will be contacting you shortly

DonH
07-27-2011, 09:10 PM
working out of my garage good sir

Bosstradamus
07-27-2011, 09:30 PM
AMI Creations is the best on the net.

CerwinVega_Fan
07-28-2011, 12:03 AM
AMI Creations is the best on the net.

Link?

pro-rabbit
07-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Link?

AMI has a vendor section on caco, but last I heard they were not taking new orders.

DonH
07-28-2011, 12:28 AM
lmao? you mean AMI creations is the best at making people wait 5 months, sending flase ictures and having to pay people back in payments for their builds? bullshit.

pro-rabbit
07-28-2011, 12:42 AM
lmao? you mean AMI creations is the best at making people wait 5 months, sending flase ictures and having to pay people back in payments for their builds? bullshit.

I was trying to be nice haha...but well what he said.

DonH
07-28-2011, 01:10 AM
I was trying to be nice haha...but well what he said.

yeah so was I when **** started to hit the fan. i actually defended mike. DEFENDED HIM! until he started to flex his nuts about his skill, start name calling etc. then it just set me over. i couldnt understand how he treated a few of his customers... lately my turn around time has been very slow as well and i know that. my customers know it too. i tell them what is going on, but what he did was wow. lol but thats for another day.

OP i pm'd you a link to my photobucket you can browse to chk some stuff out and pics of my work if you have any concerns about my build quality/skill

pro-rabbit
07-28-2011, 02:16 AM
yeah so was I when **** started to hit the fan. i actually defended mike. DEFENDED HIM! until he started to flex his nuts about his skill, start name calling etc. then it just set me over. i couldnt understand how he treated a few of his customers... lately my turn around time has been very slow as well and i know that. my customers know it too. i tell them what is going on, but what he did was wow. lol but thats for another day.

OP i pm'd you a link to my photobucket you can browse to chk some stuff out and pics of my work if you have any concerns about my build quality/skill

Yea, I hear ya on that. I did the same and just about the same happened to me with Mike.

OP- DonH is a good guy and has quality enclosures, should be a good fit/match for you.

HvNd4Speed
07-31-2011, 04:54 PM
Donh....we are making it out your way today, I hope you got my pm earlier, id really like to catch you today if possible, my cell is in the pm, give me a ring please