PDA

View Full Version : salas868 - Sketchy at best

NMLegend19
07-25-2011, 11:55 PM
ok so on May 25th i send salas868 payment for a sony amp (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/513647-sony-xm-4020-cheap.html) and ipod nano (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/miscellaneous-classifieds/513652-5th-generation-ipod-nano-8-gig.html).

he PM's me on june 7th saying he forgot to ship the package and will get it out soon

i try and contact him for a few days and he responds on june 19 saying he shipped them out the previous week, and the delay was because he had to fly out of the state because of a family emergency.

after more waiting and contact attempts, he responds on july 2nd, explaining that this delay was because he had to go back to the post office and pay more to ship the package.

here we are july 25th and after trying to contact him again asking for the 3rd or 4th time for a tracking # or some proof of shipment, i still don't have my amp and ipod.

i sent payment as a paypal gift, so I'm not sure if I have the same buyer protection if i would have sent it as purchase of goods. either way i guess its time to open up a paypal dispute and see what I can do if salas868 continues to fail to communicate or ship my package.

Kangaroux
07-25-2011, 11:56 PM
ok so on May 25th i send salas868 payment for a sony amp (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/513647-sony-xm-4020-cheap.html) and ipod nano (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/miscellaneous-classifieds/513652-5th-generation-ipod-nano-8-gig.html).

he PM's me on june 7th saying he forgot to ship the package and will get it out soon

i try and contact him for a few days and he responds on june 19 saying he shipped them out the previous week, and had to fly out of the state because of a family emergency.

after more waiting and contact attempts, he responds on july 2nd saying he had to go back to the post office and pay more to ship the package.

here we are july 25th and after trying to contact him again asking for the 3rd or 4th time for a tracking # or some proof of shipment, i still don't have my amp and ipod.

i sent payment as a paypal gift, so I'm not sure if I have the same buyer protection if i would have sent it as purchase of goods. either way i guess its time to open up a paypal dispute and see what I can do if salas868 continues to fail to communicate or ship my package.

He's local to me I'll hit him up and see what the deal is..

Kangaroux
07-26-2011, 12:00 AM
"Guy on ca said you didn't ship the amp or the ipod and he's gonna file a pp claim"
"Cool. I did ship it. He can **** off. Someone stole my caraudio.com account and my paypal account so I can't even do anything."

NMLegend19
07-26-2011, 12:01 AM
yeah man didn't you reply in one of those for sale threads saying you would try to talk to him? i know he's been on here cause of the last activity online thing on the profile.

infamous_e46
07-26-2011, 12:02 AM
pix of receipt

NMLegend19
07-26-2011, 12:03 AM
pix of receipt

you want a screenshot of my paypal history? or were you asking a pic of the shipping reciept from salas868? cause I have been asking for that same thing

Kangaroux
07-26-2011, 12:14 AM
"He wants to know if you can get him a receipt for shipping it"
"I didn't get one"

infamous_e46
07-26-2011, 12:31 AM
lucas salas provide proof or we going hard in the taint aka ill send the guy in my profile pic

NMLegend19
07-26-2011, 01:42 AM
"He wants to know if you can get him a receipt for shipping it"
"I didn't get one"

ugh ok...it just seems like its taking a REALLY long time if he did send it around like june 12 right??

infamous_e46
07-26-2011, 01:43 AM
ugh ok...it just seems like its taking a REALLY long time if he did send it around like june 12 right??

most it could take is 19 days usps parcel post

Kangaroux
07-26-2011, 01:44 AM

That's what he said. I texted him asking if he could provide ANY proof and he has yet to reply (that was over an hour ago). He said his paypal is locked, and it was but that was like sometime back a while in spring, I'm pretty sure it was back up again. Idk it sounds kinda sketchy I don't like to admit it cause he's really my only local buddy who is into this stuff but he actually sold me a deka 9a31 and it turned out to be a dying deka. Unfortunately I didn't find out until like 2 months in advance so I couldn't really do much about it.

BlactimusCrime
07-26-2011, 01:59 AM
I think he still owes nateberrier some cash... and the idmax he shipped to nate... well the coil was pretty toasty and he said it was clean...

Fiendstolemyamp
07-26-2011, 02:03 AM
Shouldn't have sent it as a gift, you might be screwed.

Imtjnotu
07-26-2011, 02:34 AM
He wanted to sell me a deck once but changed his price 5 times before I said stfu and I'm done

-01limited-
07-26-2011, 02:40 AM
Sounds like you got screwed. Sent money as a gift and cant even provide proof that he shipped it. Now saying his accts got hacked. Sorry man but sounds like dude is a scammer.

Who ships something and doesnt even get a receipt from the P.O:confused:

infamous_e46
07-26-2011, 02:49 AM
:( lucas youre getting deleted from my facebook

Shinju
07-26-2011, 04:42 AM
Sounds like you got screwed. Sent money as a gift and cant even provide proof that he shipped it. Now saying his accts got hacked. Sorry man but sounds like dude is a scammer.

Who ships something and doesnt even get a receipt from the P.O:confused:

I call complete BS that he states he never got a recipt, EVERY Post Office or any third party place that does USPS transactions has the same Point of Sales machines as a sanctioned USPS office and all of them print out a recipt after every transaction.

Just like every government ran office that money passes hands there is a paper trail of some sort.

Either he lost it or he never shipped it.

Imtjnotu
07-26-2011, 04:46 AM
im going for he never shipped it

NMLegend19
07-26-2011, 12:24 PM
I call complete BS that he states he never got a recipt, EVERY Post Office or any third party place that does USPS transactions has the same Point of Sales machines as a sanctioned USPS office and all of them print out a recipt after every transaction.

Just like every government ran office that money passes hands there is a paper trail of some sort.

Either he lost it or he never shipped it.

for real, like in this day and age you get a reciept for everything.

surely if he had to go to the post office twice to pay postage, he should have some proof.

BigSix
07-26-2011, 12:32 PM

i try and contact him for a few days and he responds on june 19 saying he shipped them out the previous week, and the delay was because he had to fly out of the state because of a family emergency.

after more waiting and contact attempts, he responds on july 2nd, explaining that this delay was because he had to go back to the post office and pay more to ship the package.

The EXACT same thing happened to me in spring with this guy....he had some mb quartz qsd crossover's that i bought from him and a couple of weeks passed and he said he shipped it and it turns out after having to bug him he said something happened at the post office like he had to pay more money or something or they didnt recognize the address or some bullshit.....so after about three weeks I asked for a refund and luckily I got it........hope it goes ok with you

jco1385
07-26-2011, 12:33 PM
he lied to you bro.

NMLegend19
07-31-2011, 09:12 PM
yeah salas868 is definetly a scammer. spead the word everyone. hopefully we can stop another broke college student from getting ripped off