PDA

View Full Version : Can SOMEBODY give me a quote??

sooperxtool
07-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Tried a couple builders so far with no luck...

Space is very limited, this is going in a single cab 1997 Ford Ranger. I could really only come up with one design that would not have my steering wheel under my chin. I drew up the general sketch in word paint that will hopefully give you some ideas. And I am welcome to improvements or variations.

The sub is a 10" Pioneer TS-SW2501S4
Amp will be a Kenwood KAC-8105D

The back wall of the truck is about 36.25" so I'd like max width to be 36".
The sub needs 3" of mounting depth so does that mean it can run with JUST 3" or does it need a little "breathing room"? Anyway, I'd like the depth at the top of the box to be as little as possible so maybe 5" or less? Bottom width 5 or 6". Height is right at 12" and I was wanting to do as clean of an install as possible so possibly the bottom could have some sort of risers so the wires can run underneath? So in that case maybe 11.5" with .5" risers? Unless that wouldn't be needed. Open to input on it. The sub needs an opening of 9 and 5/16" so would it work for the face of the box to be 11"? My plan is to be able to mound the amps on either side of the box, with the sub in the middle. I came up with an internal volume of .45 with these dimensions.

Here is my sketch, I put some dimensions on the drawing but the ones I have listed above are the most accurate, I just took them.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f378/vega1000/stuff%20and%20stuff/Subbox.jpg

I'm mostly looking for SQ and the majority of the music played will be death metal (very fast, tight bass, with occasional bass drops) with a little old school rap thrown in for fun but I'm not going to be upset if the box won't give me the utmost bass possible. Its already in the space about the size of a trunk so I imagine just about any amount of bass will feel/sound like an earthquake.

I would prefer to have black carpeting, and gold terminals if possible.

Zip code: 80602

BlactimusCrime
07-25-2011, 06:04 PM
PM Pro-Rabbit

pro-rabbit
07-25-2011, 06:06 PM
PM Pro-Rabbit

i just seen a PM from him this morning, but I have yet to reply... Not sure how long it was there haha..I'm about a week behind with some PMs :(

Thanks for the referral though

**edit** just replied to your PM OP

sooperxtool
07-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Its all good, I have just been anxiously re-clicking my inbox. Are you pretty swamped or what?

pro-rabbit
07-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Its all good, I have just been anxiously re-clicking my inbox. Are you pretty swamped or what?

Not to bad, about a week lead time from the date ordered to the date shipped.

sooperxtool
07-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh ok sweet.

sooperxtool
07-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Any other bidders??

BassMechkanic
08-04-2011, 11:37 AM
that sub measures more than 11" wide......

sooperxtool
08-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Well the design can be modified somewhat if necessary.