PDA

View Full Version : And in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Moody_Moodz
07-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Greetings and salutations from Jacksonville, Fl. The Name is Justin M. I have been out of the car stereo game for sometime but earlier this year I was bit by the bug for the deep bass and I have been putting my system together ever since. I have a '03 Cadillac Deville (DTS w/ the Bose system.)

I call it my "Frankenstein" system because unless I have had to, I have been using used parts I have brought off of friends, family & Craigslist. So far I have a JL Audio 12w6v2 in a sealed box powered by a Kenwood KAC-8104D. Right now it is all run off the factory deck. I am looking to add a Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT for the head unit.. and Replace my factory speakers with some Kenwood component speakers & power them with a Kenwood Kac-8405.

I like bass but I have never liked it to the point that it over powered my car.. My goal is for my car to sound like my pair of Dre Beats headphones.

I look forward to seeing your ideas and seeing the conversation that are ahead...

09civic
07-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Greetings and salutations from Jacksonville, Fl. The Name is Justin M. I have been out of the car stereo game for sometime but earlier this year I was bit by the bug for the deep bass and I have been putting my system together ever since. I have a '03 Cadillac Deville (DTS w/ the Bose system.)

I call it my "Frankenstein" system because unless I have had to, I have been using used parts I have brought off of friends, family & Craigslist. So far I have a JL Audio 12w6v2 in a sealed box powered by a Kenwood KAC-8104D. Right now it is all run off the factory deck. I am looking to add a Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT for the head unit.. and Replace my factory speakers with some Kenwood component speakers & power them with a Kenwood Kac-8405.

I like bass but I have never liked it to the point that it over powered my car.. My goal is for my car to sound like my pair of Dre Beats headphones.

I look forward to seeing your ideas and seeing the conversation that are ahead...

sig'd

Moody_Moodz
07-18-2011, 11:41 PM
My goal is for my car to sound like my pair of Dre Beats headphones.

And I thought I was the only person that thought like that... I would have said my Skullcandy's but I just got a new pair of Beats and man they are awesome.

dumple
07-18-2011, 11:57 PM
hes making fun of you

Moody_Moodz
07-19-2011, 12:10 AM
hes making fun of you If he is.. then he must have never heard a pair of Dre Beat's headphones..But checking his age.. I am sure it may take a while for his parents save up and buy him a pair...

Kangaroux
07-19-2011, 12:11 AM
If he is.. then he must have never heard a pair of Dre Beat's headphones..But checking his age.. I am sure it may take a while for his parents save up and buy him a pair...

We've heard of them and they are overrated and overpriced. Just a bunch of hype

Moody_Moodz
07-19-2011, 12:12 AM
We've heard of them and they are overrated and overpriced. Just a bunch of hype
Compared to what other headphones?

ace_800
07-19-2011, 12:22 AM
Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, Shure

MisterDeadeye
07-19-2011, 12:26 AM
Compared to what other headphones?

Compared to every headphone. Even the most expensive Beats by Dre headphones sound no better than a pair of $40 Sony XB500 headphones. I'll admit, the average consumer either doesn't know how bad they are, or rather can't comprehend that they're bad(not necessarily your fault -- you just must not be accustomed to hi-fi). That's why companies like Bose, Skullcandy, and Beats by Dre are so big. They're good at marketing.

Bumpin' Goalie
07-19-2011, 12:28 AM
To each their own. Sometimes...

wickedwitt
07-19-2011, 12:31 AM
I'm a fan of my EB141s, anyone wanna sig that?

Moody_Moodz
07-19-2011, 07:53 AM
Compared to every headphone. Even the most expensive Beats by Dre headphones sound no better than a pair of $40 Sony XB500 headphones. I'll admit, the average consumer either doesn't know how bad they are, or rather can't comprehend that they're bad(not necessarily your fault -- you just must not be accustomed to hi-fi). That's why companies like Bose, Skullcandy, and Beats by Dre are so big. They're good at marketing.

Maybe it my ears.. I have bought the $50 Sony XB500 headphones, I have bought the $100 Bose IE2 audio headphones, I have bought the $80 Skullcandy SCS-SCBP and I have a pair of iBeats Headphones. I travel a lot and I can say I have worn each of these for well or 24hrs at one point of and I can actually hear a difference.

All I am saying is I hear so many negative comments but no one is willing to back up their statements... If you stick it out don't be afraid to get it cut off. Good words to live by.. write that down.

AlterEgo99
07-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Welcome to Hell.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/6crnbnh/1234567890/HPD-Hell.jpg

MisterDeadeye
07-20-2011, 03:09 PM
All I am saying is I hear so many negative comments but no one is willing to back up their statements... If you stick it out don't be afraid to get it cut off. Good words to live by.. write that down.

I don't understand why you've got this attitude. No one's trying to hurt your feelings. Beats by Dre are overpriced garbage -- simple as that. In your opinion, they're great. That's awesome, but don't expect everyone else to feel the same as you. For most of us, Beats by Dre aren't worth their huge price tag. How do you expect us to back up our statements? We've already got empirical evidence. I've heard all of the ones they had at Best Buy. They didn't sound awful, but they definitely weren't worth more than $60-70(this is compared to other, well established, good sounding headphones).

As for the other headphones you mentioned, the XB500's are only good if you like a lot of bass in your headphones. I don't really think I need to say anything about Bose. They've been doing the same thing for years, and any unaware consumer will see "Bose" and instantly pay their insane price tag because they "know" it's going to be quality -- but it's usually not. Finally, are those Skullcandy headphones the "subwoofer" ones? With the inline amplifier dongle? Yeah. Those are bad too. If you want to listen to nothing but muddy bass, then I guess they're a good choice.

So, all in all, I'm going back to what I said -- Beats by Dre aren't good headphones if you've heard headphones that are good. It is most definitely your ears, and possibly your wallet, that's making you think they sound good.

Linkz
07-20-2011, 03:26 PM
I would say get a ported box designed and built for you. That would be the cheapest way to gain some volume on the lower notes.

2.5cuft@32hz seems like a good place to start (for 500wrms). lots of output below 45hz...

Devil Tiger
07-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Ultrasone > dr dre headphones