PDA

View Full Version : Trying to customize a 12 inch alpine type E box.

Samtastic06
07-18-2011, 05:07 PM
I drive an 88 Dodge Dakota regular cab, so i have NO ROOM. I have (2) 12 inch Alpine type E subs, shallow mount-ish in slanted shallow mount boxes. They are 2 seperate boxes. I would like to cut out either side of each to combine them, and extend the boxes a litte to accomidate my Amplifier. i would love to port or slot them due to they sound ****** when my windows are up. Any help will be very appreciated, and any suggestions. I am good with installs, but this is my first time trying to make a box, or anything custom for my subs. So before i go and mess this up, any help would be very appreciated.

pelekeliko
07-18-2011, 05:15 PM
why dont you just make a completely new box?

just sounds so much easier. imo

but good luck hope someone can help you out.

KyleBechtold
07-18-2011, 05:18 PM
couple things.. to waste a lot of time on those subs is a mistake.. secondly combining the boxes wouldn't be a simple saw and glue.. it would be easier to build a new box.. you said they sound.. I am going to guess that said ****** with the windows up.. like they actually sound bad or don't get loud.. if they sound bad porting WILL NOT help.. if anything they will sound worse.. those are bottom of the barrel subs so you may want to step up if you want a little better sound

Samtastic06
07-18-2011, 05:34 PM
To be completely honest, i wanted to just try and port, since it needs one, and i have absolutely no idea about measurements and stuff. I shouldnt be diving into this if i dont, im just trying to make it as easy as possible. But you do have a great point, and i may actually just try and do that.

Samtastic06
07-18-2011, 05:37 PM
I guess i could have specified, they get 3 times louder when i roll the windows down. They sound great, for what i could afford. I am just learning right now, so wasting my time on this stuff is kinda what im forced to do. They sound good, they are loud, surprisingly. Just trying to get some ideas out there.

KyleBechtold
07-18-2011, 05:45 PM
thats the dynamics of some trucks.. my car got louder when I put the window by you up and the other down.. well if you want to try give it a shot.. find the specs for what those need for ported build a box..