PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer Specs......?

bgowdy31
07-15-2011, 11:13 AM
does anyone know the actual box specs for the audioque hdc318? i have been looking but not having much luck with it.

sacsking916
07-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Bro you have 754 threads askin.a lot of the same. Why not bump one of your other threads regarding your enclosure.

pro-rabbit
07-15-2011, 11:37 AM
This was answered in almost all your other threads.

The official answer from AQ is 6ft3 with tuning of 32-35hz. Trust me, this IS the AQ recomended enclosure size.

bgowdy31
07-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Bro you have 754 threads askin.a lot of the same. Why not bump one of your other threads regarding your enclosure.

my bad. im still new at this. what you mean by "bump" another thread?

bgowdy31
07-15-2011, 11:40 AM

The official answer from AQ is 6ft3 with tuning of 32-35hz. Trust me, this IS the AQ recomended enclosure size.

ok were did you get that from. i just came from the aq website site and didnt see it anywere.....

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

and actually no one said this in any other thread ....

09civic
07-15-2011, 11:43 AM
ok were did you get that from. i just came from the aq website site and didnt see it anywere.....

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

pro rabbit used to work for AQ lol

pro-rabbit
07-15-2011, 11:45 AM
I did in one of your thread. I said use 6 - 6.5ft3 actually.

Let's just say I have "inside" info from AQ/DD haha. If you dont believe me feel free to email and ask.**edit** and Saturn ruined the fun.

sacsking916
07-15-2011, 11:45 AM

I'd listen to what he says. Afterall your answer is straight from the source.

And to "bump" a thread just go to your old thread and ask your question there instead of makin.another thread.

bgowdy31
07-15-2011, 11:51 AM
I'd listen to what he says. Afterall your answer is straight from the source.

And to "bump" a thread just go to your old thread and ask your question there instead of makin.another thread.

oh ok.....

bgowdy31
07-15-2011, 11:53 AM

Let's just say I have "inside" info from AQ/DD haha. If you dont believe me feel free to email and ask.**edit** and Saturn ruined the fun.

i never said i aint believe you. i just remeber that bein said. are those specs for spl.

pro-rabbit
07-15-2011, 11:57 AM
That is daily, there are spl specs for enclosure. Each application is different and requires different things. As in another of your threads. To find the answers you want, you need to build/test/build/test repeat several more times.

09civic
07-15-2011, 11:59 AM

:(

bgowdy31
07-15-2011, 12:09 PM
That is daily, there are spl specs for enclosure. Each application is different and requires different things. As in another of your threads. To find the answers you want, you need to build/test/build/test repeat several more times.

lol. ok im about to stuff my box with random stuff to narrow the space just to see if it likes a smaller box. and go from there

RAM_Designs
07-15-2011, 06:03 PM
lol. ok im about to stuff my box with random stuff to narrow the space just to see if it likes a smaller box. and go from there

The smaller box is also going to raise the tuning, so it's not like you're just making the volume smaller.

bgowdy31
07-15-2011, 06:47 PM
The smaller box is also going to raise the tuning, so it's not like you're just making the volume smaller.

i understand. im not really worried about sound quality right now. just tryin to raise my spl numbers right now

GeekSquad
07-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Why don't you learn to measure your own Thiele/small parameters yourself and cut out the middlemen?

Nobody can say what size box a driver is "supposed" to go into. This is a question of application and preference, not counting the small signal numbers of that particular subwoofer.

Until you learn to measure your own parameters, subwoofer building will always be somewhat of a 'dark art'...