PDA

View Full Version : need help from a sketchup pro

mast240
07-13-2011, 10:14 PM
ok guys... i will be starting my box build this weekend... and i need some help with the design from a pro. i'm kinda a noob at sketchup, and just want someone who is a pro at it, take a look at it, fix any problems they find, and make up a cut sheet. this is NOT a simple box... otherwise, i wouldnt even be making this post.... i have tried a couple of the designers on this forum and others, and got nothing. i'm willing to pay, and price dependant on quality(money really isnt an object on this... will pay premium price for a good final design)... heres a pic of the rough design i came up with

http://i.imgur.com/HCSYL.jpg

it will hold 4 AQ HDC3 18's, at 22 cubed, pushed at about 1250 rms a piece. PLEASE guys... i need this by this weekend, so i will pay top dollar! PM me for more details... i have the sketchup file i can send to make things easier

pro-rabbit
07-13-2011, 10:23 PM
I have been trying to dig into it, but I have been very busy lately. As soon as I get some free time look over it I will check it out, but it may be a few days and it sounds like you may not have that much time to wait... :crap:

mast240
07-13-2011, 10:31 PM
honestly... i would REALLY prefer you do it bro.... just HAVE to get it started by like saturday, as my first show is QUICKLY approaching... anyway you would be able to mess around with it before then?

RAM_Designs
07-13-2011, 10:37 PM
The mounting depth is the issue I can't seem to get around with the dimensions you have available. Not to mention the fact that everything should be doubled up with this box will also cut into your available depth for the subs.

mast240
07-13-2011, 10:39 PM
i'm only using single mdf, cuz i will be using a 2x4 frame for bracing... the dimensions i have are after the 2x4 frame... ugh... i just want to find a way to make this dam thing work!!! lol

mast240
07-13-2011, 10:40 PM
or if you guys can think of a good design with the dimensions i have... i can go a lil longer on the total depth of the box, if needed

Kangaroux
07-13-2011, 10:42 PM
At the very least I would do a double baffle

RAM_Designs
07-13-2011, 10:43 PM
or if you guys can think of a good design with the dimensions i have... i can go a lil longer on the total depth of the box, if needed

I don't think the depth is an issue, really. It's the height and width that is making this a super tight fit. If you could go 34" tall instead of 30", this would be easy as cake.

mast240
07-13-2011, 10:52 PM
the height is already 36" bro

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

At the very least I would do a double baffle

the baffles will be double mdf

RAM_Designs
07-13-2011, 11:12 PM
the height is already 36" bro

Sorry, had 30" in my head for some reason.

hispls
07-13-2011, 11:13 PM
I would assemble the back part, get that in, then make the rest to fit that as you go. Would be very difficult to do the whole thing from a cut sheet with angles. Much easier to cut as you go, measure, test fit, then re-cut if needed IMO.

Really if you did it that way you'd have that half built up and be able to change the front bit to tweak tuning, sub placement/type, etc, with a lot less work if you plan a bit.

pro-rabbit
07-13-2011, 11:37 PM
I would assemble the back part, get that in, then make the rest to fit that as you go. Would be very difficult to do the whole thing from a cut sheet with angles. Much easier to cut as you go, measure, test fit, then re-cut if needed IMO.

Really if you did it that way you'd have that half built up and be able to change the front bit to tweak tuning, sub placement/type, etc, with a lot less work if you plan a bit.

This is really the best approach. Having a guideline is great, but when building a wall in a space like that you will have to make changes on the fly any way most of the time.

mast240
07-13-2011, 11:42 PM
yea... i wasnt going to try to make it exact to the design... just need a GOOD baseline to go off of, u kno

pro-rabbit
07-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Well if you have around 23-24ft3 after all displacements and around 384in2 of port area you should be on the right track.

surreal
07-14-2011, 03:11 AM
Have he who did it for you draw it up.. sure he wouldnt mind a few bucks.
It really should be doubled up in almost all cased, even with bracing. Thats a very large enclosure.