PDA

View Full Version : Making a custom 6.5" bracket in my '04 GP

blabo219
07-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Well i've never done a custom MDF bracket for door speakers so heres how I plan on going about it but please let me know if there's a better way.

Cutting a 3/4" MDF ring to sit the woofer in just as wide as where the screws go in, so 1/2".

Now I was going to try to make a square with four supports going to the sheet metal and fasten those in, with whatever is suggested, maybe some T-nuts.

Then I was wondering, since the supports are in a square should I make a box around the four sides, just leaving the speaker hole to the door open? not sure if it would improve mid bass seeing as how I already have damplifier pro on my doors.

Suggestions please!

winkychevelle
07-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Self taps 1", 1 1/8" and I wounding bother with a pod unless your gonna get technically and figure out what size the pod needs to be to work right. Other than that I would just suggest cutting the first plate a little bigger than nessecary and trim it down to what is needed cause you can cut wood down to fit but u can waste a piece if it is too small. And make sure the driver and passenger will be the same I've had a few cars where they have to be made a lil dif side to side

blabo219
07-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Well it was hard to get any useful info out of there with your proper grammar..

Does it matter the size/shape of the "pod" i figured its not really a box so it can't be causing any harmful effects on the sound.. other than maybe the fact that it might perform better free air?

blabo219
07-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Would putting my 6.5 ID woofers in a walled off bracket INSIDE my door hurt the sound? Not sealed, side with the hole open.