PDA

View Full Version : Down-fire in a drunk

chawski
07-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Im thinking of changing some things up in my car. Currently have 2 Kenwood 10s (not sure the model, probably about 6ish years old) in a sealed box built to Kenwood spec's. Im thinking about building new box and going ported this time. I have a downfiring sub in my home theatre and LOVE the sound of it. I was thinking about giving this a shot in my car, but wanted some opinions first. Does it usually work well, or am I better off just going back facing, maybe ports up? I see a lot of people doing them in truck cabs, but I am dealing with a trunk, so not sure how that would affect things. This is purely a daily driver, not looking for any rediculous numbers. Also thinking about dropping to just 1 sub, in the interest of space. Any thoughts on comparison of 2 10s sealed vs 1 10 ported?
Thanks!

dumple
07-03-2011, 02:41 PM
thread title made me want so much more :-(

Rich B
07-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Never downfire into a drunk, it just makes the drunk mad.

Heavylifter
07-03-2011, 03:05 PM
I had a setup with 2 downfiring 15's in a trunk setup that sounded awesome.
Remove the spare tire and everything and have the box fire down over the spare tire well into that hole. It will create a loading area of some sorts and sound good on the low notes.

chawski
07-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Ha damnit, im not even drunk and I spell trunk wrong haha. I guess you know where my mind is. happy 4th haha

thegreatestpenn
07-03-2011, 03:40 PM
don't do it imo, you already have deficiencies being in a trunk, don't make your life even harder having to deal with the obstacles of downfiring too

chawski
07-03-2011, 06:07 PM
cool thanks for the advice. With the sub(s) facing backward, port up or backward likely better?