PDA

View Full Version : hey! im new here

ryan-460
06-19-2011, 10:58 PM
hey im Ryan started off car audio a few monthes ago started small and worked up learned QUICKLY you get what u pay for... cheap decks cause clipping and blew a few cheap speakers and an amp or 2 and started looking for more sound quality. so im getting there but not quite happy yet already posted a thread in the speaker section any help is greatly appriciated. ive been into cars forever though... I started working proffesionally in a repair shop b4 I even had my drivers lisence I was allowed to repair cars but not drive them:P driving an old ford pick up 4X4 and a mk3 jetta gt the stereo is in the jetta and is as follows

pioneer mvh 8200 deck
jbl gto 1004 4 channel
sony xm gtr6001 monoblock
1 farad stinger cap (connected to 4 channel)
2 farad legacy cap (connected to monoblock)
4 gauge for power & grounds has 1 4 gauge wire from batt to each cap ( so 2 front to back)
2 6x9 basswork BSX692.1 speakers in boxes
2 pioneer ts A1674R speakers in front doors
2 JL 12" subs in a 1 inch thick mdf box

the big 3 are next... got a good batt just a conventinal one but 1000 amps at 32F or so
and a stock 90 amp alt with 370000 kms on it! any bets on how long that lasts:P gona get a wreckers alt and carry it in the trunk till I can afford a high output one if I need it. no dimming of the lights or anything and I usally choose between using my A/C or stereo for now. so looking forward to any help I can get and talk to you all later thanks Ryan

dragula
06-19-2011, 11:04 PM
well let me start it off by saying welcome to the forum
it sounds like your off to a decent start

sleazebagger
06-19-2011, 11:08 PM
as soon as you get your batt hooked up. sell the caps to someone else who hasn't seen the light like you are about to now that you have joined our non cap friendly forum.

caps are a waste of time and money.

Welcome

Dirtrider4eva
06-19-2011, 11:15 PM
i agree with sleaze, caps should dissapear,
same HU, nice. :thumbcool:
welcome to our forum, beware of trolls!

ryan-460
06-19-2011, 11:42 PM
ok guys! one step at a time tho.... need a few things first and HO alts arnt laying around my friends garages capaciters were so FREEEEE!they are helping my lights dont flash at night now! but I get it they will go.. all costs money...