PDA

View Full Version : Box output plotting

Mtndew
06-15-2011, 03:14 AM
I know about Win ISD its good free ware, but i am wondering about some other programs that work better? I like to play around with boxes and designing them and building them for local friends who want a little more thump, I use Sketchup to make the 3d designs and plot with win isd but i would like to see if there is anything else out there that maybe a little better?

FtheNutHuggers
06-15-2011, 03:35 AM
pwkdesigns.com's system. it's nickname is "physics". accounts for everything down to the type of material the vehicle interior is upholstered with. vehicle geometry is 50% of the response. (if you had to put a % number in there) Win ISD cannot account for anything like that, resonant impedances, velocity profiles etc. anything less than accounting for it all is just playing around.

surreal
06-15-2011, 04:14 AM
Ugh ^.

Not quite. Half is arguably better than none.
The first step is gaining a better understanding of enclosures, subs, and whats going on. My guess is youre still perfectly within your learning limits of winisd.

Mtndew
06-19-2011, 07:39 AM
Ugh ^.

Not quite. Half is arguably better than none.
The first step is gaining a better understanding of enclosures, subs, and whats going on. My guess is youre still perfectly within your learning limits of winisd.

well im actually in the 2nd year of college for Electrical/Acoustical Engineering, im used to a steep learning curve and i can account for most variables if i knew what i was looking for and had dimensions of what i should be accounting for. I believe the Design of the cabin is 70% the box is 20% the amp is 5% and the sub is 5%