PDA

View Full Version : speaker wire issue

no_vendetas
02-18-2004, 08:46 AM
I own a 93 Honda Accord EX Sedan. I am currently planning out my first audio system for it and need a little help All I know for now is that i am going to use the Kenwood Exelon X969 for the hu. i plan on using an amp to run the front door speakers and the 6x9's in the back. my ? is if I want to run an amp do i have to run new speaker wire also? I plan to add a sub afterwards but i gotta get the trunk fixed first. How hard is it to run new wire in a car like this? One more thing can i safely mount my amp under the seat w/o it overheating?:confused:

sumone
02-18-2004, 01:13 PM
about new speaker wire...I guess if it's not long enough to reach the amp or if you want to use a lower (thicker wire) gauge.

no_vendetas
02-18-2004, 10:31 PM
so the factory wire is sutible to handle an amp?

"If a man stands on toilet then he is high on pot"

zephyr
02-18-2004, 10:36 PM
depending on how much power ran into the speakers, the stock wire might be sufficient.

no_vendetas
02-20-2004, 09:10 AM
no Bose but a lotta hoes thanks for the info but do i just run/hide the new wire form the amp to the speakers or will i have to start form the wiring harness? I suppose it would be runnig from the amp cuz it has the amplfied sond. Right? Then i would have to tape off the stock wire since it wont be used?

"If a man buys wet cat then he has paid for wet (p)ussy"

desi_daru
02-20-2004, 12:07 PM
rcas from deck to amp, then speaker wire amp to speakers
u could tape the stock wires if u want... but there not connected at either site, if u wanna b on safe side go for it but i honestly cant remember wat i did with mine

no_vendetas
02-21-2004, 10:23 PM
Thanks Jmac it thought so i dont wanna burn up a $700 HU! I am gonna use the Kenwood X969. DONT ANYONE try tho shake my decision on my HU!! YOU cant change my mind after it is made up. But i aint gonna pay 700 for the
(d)amn thing im gonna e bay it!!

Pete
02-22-2004, 10:56 PM
For what its worth I'm still using my eXcelon x811 from oohh 1998 or 99 and it still works perfect if it werent for the short wiring harness after 5 or 6 different cars.

If I were you I would upgrade the speaker wire, partly because a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, and speaker wire is pretty inexpensive.

Oh, and remember patience is a virtue when trying to run new speaker wire into the doors through the huge wide open honda door jams :D it can be done its just not the easiest.

foreman
02-23-2004, 12:04 AM
You'll have a heck of a time(near impossible) getting new wire in those doors...I have a 93 ex, and they come with molded plastic plugs, and you can't route wires into them...I ran wires from the amp to behind the deck, and tied into the factory wires using the harness adapter wires....worked good, and I run 6.5 midbass speakers....Prob. not the best i can do, but performance is very good in my car.

Pete
02-23-2004, 09:41 AM
I ended up drilling holes in two unused spots on the factory plug and ran my wires through there. that was on a 93 civic EX though, so I assumed it would be the same on the accord.

no_vendetas
02-23-2004, 10:27 AM
you guys are scaring me on this wiring thing........ So would this be an all day job or a 2 day job?

Pete
02-23-2004, 10:38 AM
I spent a couple hours rewiring the front speakers in my 93 civic, but the rest of the wiring through the inside of the car will only take an hour or two. You should be able to wire it all in a day.

zephyr
02-23-2004, 10:50 AM
there should be a hole you can punch in near the stock wiring. I use that hole and you can either snake it through the stock wires or run it separately to the door. just make sure you put a gromet and wire loom for safety.

no_vendetas
02-23-2004, 11:07 AM
good then i can hit the club on Saturday night.

i heard that the vibration from subs can trun a girl on is this true?