PDA

View Full Version : Enclosures for RE XXX XBL^2 6.5s

schackel
06-01-2011, 01:36 AM
i am putting them in my rear deck and am thinking about what to enclose them in and how i should go about doing it. I have a honda civic and the rear deck is metal so i am unsure how to mount these guys with an enclosure.

Buck
06-01-2011, 01:54 AM
IB? Seal off trunk?

schackel
06-01-2011, 02:03 AM
IB? Seal off trunk?

my sub leaves the speakers in the deck at peak excursion making them pointless to have unless sealed up.

Buck
06-01-2011, 02:05 AM
I'm not following :crap:

schackel
06-01-2011, 02:10 AM
I'm not following :crap:

IB will not suit my needs. I just want to seal each be them selves and I am wondering how large to make the enclosures and how i should go about making enclosures work with the spakers being installed in the rear deck.

Jroo
06-01-2011, 03:12 PM
I have seen a guy bolt up and seal 6 X 9 boxes on the underside of a deck. He bolted the subs themselves on the top of the deck but everything was siliconed good so no leaks. Once you figure out what size box they like, a simple sealed box on the underside of the deck should work.

supermaxx123
06-01-2011, 03:19 PM
rear speakers are a waste IMO. If you must seal them, fiberglass with some kind of wooden ring would probably by the easiest.

Buck
06-01-2011, 03:24 PM
I was assuming he was trying to run them to play bass/midbass.

supermaxx123
06-01-2011, 03:37 PM
what are you crossing them over at?

schackel
06-01-2011, 04:43 PM
rear speakers are a waste IMO. If you must seal them, fiberglass with some kind of wooden ring would probably by the easiest.
yeah thats what I am thinking I just did not want it to be that hard. but i guess so. any idea how big i should make them?

I was assuming he was trying to run them to play bass/midbass.
you sir are correct! midbass. my HAT 5.25 clarus are not quite enough mid bass for me.

what are you crossing them over at?
I am thinking of crossing them at 60-400hz active.

go_go_thrash
06-01-2011, 04:46 PM
I had them for the same reason, my Aura's lack in the midbass department. I just have a hatchback and no desire to do all that work (read: pay someone to do all that work).

schackel
06-01-2011, 04:52 PM
I had them for the same reason, my Aura's lack in the midbass department. I just have a hatchback and no desire to do all that work (read: pay someone to do all that work).

hahaha well i am happy that you didnt end up using them :D

schackel
06-02-2011, 12:50 AM
anyone have input?

Buck
06-02-2011, 01:13 AM
I've heard midbass is more like mids/highs as in you want it in front of you and near you. I got frowned upon when I want to put midbass in my rear doors.

schackel
06-02-2011, 01:21 AM
I've heard midbass is more like mids/highs as in you want it in front of you and near you. I got frowned upon when I want to put midbass in my rear doors.

interesting. so i will see(hear) little improvement from the added xxx's? i just figure my 5.25s are not loud enough low enough to mix well with the sub so I am looking for a little more filler.

edit: also i feel like the rear window acts as a better way to get the mid-range to my ears rather than in the rear doors. what do you think?

Jroo
06-02-2011, 09:14 AM
I wouldnt try to run a rear midbass to 400. When I have heard rear mid bass done right, they didnt go above 100, had t/a and deep xover slopes. The higher you go, the more the image gets pulled to the rear. It can work, the two cars I have heard had 6.5's and the other used 8's in the rear.

schackel
06-02-2011, 03:14 PM
I wouldnt try to run a rear midbass to 400. When I have heard rear mid bass done right, they didnt go above 100, had t/a and deep xover slopes. The higher you go, the more the image gets pulled to the rear. It can work, the two cars I have heard had 6.5's and the other used 8's in the rear.

huh alright. good advise

schackel
06-02-2011, 06:13 PM
sooo size of enclosure for each.....?

jtomsic
06-03-2011, 02:12 PM
xxx mids are actually suppose to be enclosed they say they dont like IB.. althought im running mine IB fine.. i remember seeing a thread on another site with box specs for these i will find it and give u the info later i have a comp im going to check out in a little or i would look now.. your going to like those mids :) i like mine..alot. what are u planning to power them with??

go_go_thrash
06-03-2011, 02:19 PM
xxx mids are actually suppose to be enclosed they say they dont like IB.. althought im running mine IB fine.. i remember seeing a thread on another site with box specs for these i will find it and give u the info later i have a comp im going to check out in a little or i would look now.. your going to like those mids :) i like mine..alot. what are u planning to power them with??

Don't you have the new XXX comp set?

schackel
06-03-2011, 03:28 PM

I am going to power them on a DD C4a so hoping for around 175 each. What are you powering them with?
hit me with the enclosure stuff peas :)

schackel
06-17-2011, 08:30 PM
get up