PDA

View Full Version : would this be a good set up for cdt's

lawntoyz
02-17-2004, 11:59 AM
i have a few questions about the set up iem thing about geting.

the compontens are going to be the cdt HD-62EF. and i was thinking about geting CDT Audio Euro Size Cast Frame High Definition Midbass/Midrange Speakers HD-6EF for my back in place of the 6x9's

1. do you think that this would be a good set up?

2. what amp should i use for every thing

3. should i put the midbass/ midrange speakers in some kind of enclosure around them? to make them sound better?

after i get this i think i am going to get RE SX's. any additional suggestions or comments are VARY welcome. that you so much!!!!!

helotaxi
02-18-2004, 10:56 PM
1. do you think that this would be a good set up?
It will definitely be an improvement over stock. Quite a big improvement.

2. what amp should i use for every thing
If you want rear fill, a four channel amp that provides at least 50W per channel and fits your price range will be enough. If you ditch the rear fill (I am not a fan of rear fill myself but it is a preference thing) then you can get a more powerful and better quality two channel amp for the same money to just run the front stage. The higher power will allow for more "headroom" and better dynamics at moderate volume and has the potential to get louder. You will probably never turn it up enough to need more than 50W RMS but more power will lessen the chance of you overdriving the amp and cooking the speakers.

3. should i put the midbass/ midrange speakers in some kind of enclosure around them? to make them sound better?
Ideally you want to enclose them, but this isn't always possible or practical. For rear speakers that have their backs open to the trunk, the air moved by the subs will adversely affect their performance and longevity and they should definitely be enclosed for their own survival.

lawntoyz
02-18-2004, 11:20 PM
thanks so much helotaxi for helping out agean!!!

lawntoyz
02-20-2004, 06:05 PM
does any one know the rms of the HD-62EF compontens and the Audio Euro Size Cast Frame High Definition Midbass/Midrange Speakers HD-6EF . and what 4 chanal amp should i use for these speakers ?