PDA

View Full Version : 2way alarm saying my door is open when its closed?

jtomsic
05-30-2011, 04:33 PM
ok so my 2-way is going off 60 seconds after i set my alarm because its saying my doors arent close but ...they are obviously.. i took it to the guy that installed it and he told me i need to reset my alarm...but i dont know how to do that..does anyone know how to resolve this problem on a crimestopper 501.. im taking it back to him to just fix or get my money back tomorow but i would rather just fix this stupid little issue myself if possible.

the car wasnt doing this the first week after the alarm was installed it just started all of a sudden one day

i2ain2thunder
05-30-2011, 04:44 PM
disconnect reconnect power? always worked for me for some reason.

jtomsic
05-30-2011, 05:30 PM
as in what the battery or the alarm module under the dash?

i2ain2thunder
05-30-2011, 06:16 PM
mine was hooked up to the battery too and whenever I disc/recon the batt it would solver whatever issues it was having. I hate alarms they have more problems then they're worth (almost). I should get one for my new ride, but I remember all the times my other ones have gone off for no good reason, or someone bumped my tires and it blew up.

jtomsic
05-30-2011, 06:17 PM
i just did big 3 other day and had battery out and it didnt reset any problems..this guy is gonna hafta fix it tomorrow or give me my money back..this is ridiculous lol.