PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up a Brahma 12 MKII, help with box.

boomzabit
05-28-2011, 07:17 PM
So i just picked up a brahma to replace my W7.. I have an extented cab truck, and the box will sit securely on the back seat behind the drivers seat. The only restriction i have is, is that i want the box no deeper then 12'' so i can recline my seat all the way..

With that being said i need the sub to face forward and either port forward or port to the side?

T.I.K.
05-28-2011, 07:22 PM
So i just picked up a brahma to replace my W7.. I have an extented cab truck, and the box will sit securely on the back seat behind the drivers seat. The only restriction i have is, is that i want the box no deeper then 12'' so i can recline my seat all the way..

With that being said i need the sub to face forward and either port forward or port to the side?
In my experience sup up/forward port side gets louder than port forward, but i have an SUV so cabin acoustics are pretty much completely different.

i'd do 2 cubes, tuned to 32 hz; pretty standard box for a 12" sub

SPY
05-28-2011, 07:55 PM
These subs do really well in 2.4@33hz

boomzabit
05-28-2011, 10:42 PM
I think 12''deep,18''high and around 30'' wide, would be ideal. I talking sub forward, slot ported or slot ported on the side of the box so the slot port points at the drivers side rear window? I can sub up because the box would be at least 13.5''deep then..

T.I.K.
05-28-2011, 10:47 PM
if you're only going to give yourself 2.8 cubes, then i would suggest a single 4" aero, if would save you alot of room, port wise.

boomzabit
05-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Im really open to box idea's. I dont want any more depth then 12'' thats the main goal.

boomzabit
05-30-2011, 12:05 AM
I thinking 34'' wide, 12'' deep, and 18''h. How much box volume would that give me? Can anyone send me in the right direction for making the slot port?

Also in my extented cab truck.. would i want the sub close to the driver side rear window and the port in the center or visa versa?

brandinooooo
05-30-2011, 05:36 AM
I thinking 34'' wide, 12'' deep, and 18''h. How much box volume would that give me? Can anyone send me in the right direction for making the slot port?

Also in my extented cab truck.. would i want the sub close to the driver side rear window and the port in the center or visa versa?

4.245 cu ft

You should have more than enough for the port in that and in my experience, subs/ports sound better in the middle of the vehicle or room its going in.

boomzabit
05-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Here i always thought everything sounds better in a corner..