PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about building my own box..going to need help/advice.

Gradyj14
05-25-2011, 11:36 PM
So I cant decide what I have enough room for or if I am even up to the task. I got quoted at 145 for a box for the single 12..not sure where that stands at, cost wise.
The MAX dimensions that will fit in my trunk of my BMW 528i are: 31" Width x 18" Depth x 14" Height. It comes out to be 3.64ft^3 after the thickness of the wood but before all other displacements are taken out.
I was wanting to stick with AudioQue Subs. So i was hoping maybe it was a enough room for two SDC2.5 10's, or maybe one HDC312-A Aluminum? What would be my best bet for over all daily driver and best use of the space? I will be using an AQ1200D to power the sub(s) Thanks

DB-Audio
05-25-2011, 11:46 PM
dude build it yourself its not that hard just get someone to design it for you the wood depending will probably at most cost you 40$ it will save you a lot of money

Gradyj14
05-25-2011, 11:49 PM
dude build it yourself its not that hard just get someone to design it for you the wood depending will probably at most cost you 40$ it will save you a lot of money

well i guess thats about as basic as advice as you can give lol...
maybe a link to someone who will design it for me..
got anything to say about what I should run as far as 2 sdc2.5 10's or 1 HDC312-A ?

thanks

Falcons
05-25-2011, 11:53 PM
run whatever you can on your budget. if your looking to save space go with the tens, go to lowes or home depot with the dimensions, and tell em you need 3/4" mdf cut to that specs. then glue it together and screw it together. wait 24 hours and you got yourself a quality box. go here to build the box yourself. LPort Box Calculator - RE AUDIO (http://reaudio.com/LPort_Box_Calc.php)

UMWDawg92
05-25-2011, 11:58 PM
Talk to RAM_designs he does great designs

Gradyj14
05-26-2011, 12:00 AM
run whatever you can on your budget. if your looking to save space go with the tens, go to lowes or home depot with the dimensions, and tell em you need 3/4" mdf cut to that specs. then glue it together and screw it together. wait 24 hours and you got yourself a quality box. go here to build the box yourself. LPort Box Calculator - RE AUDIO (http://reaudio.com/LPort_Box_Calc.php)

Well I found a HDC312-A for 220, so I figured I go with that vs the two 10's because I was told I dont have enough room for them.
but thanks for the link

Talk to RAM_designs he does great designs
Yeah I already emailed him. Just waiting on a reply. Thanks

RAM_Designs
05-26-2011, 12:12 AM
Yeah I already emailed him. Just waiting on a reply. Thanks

I think I responded right after you posted this. :D

Gradyj14
05-26-2011, 12:20 AM
I think I responded right after you posted this. :D

yeah, I should have been a tiny bit more patient lol.
thanks guys