PDA

View Full Version : cda-9813 woth saving/fixing?

cf2004
05-25-2011, 04:27 PM
My 9813 finally kicked the bucket. No audio output from internal amp or preouts. motorized faceplate is kinda acting up too. I bought it used a couple years ago, so I had good use out of it.

My question is, would you guys think its worth fixing at the $85 flate rate that URS charges, or just let it go? Maybe sell it to someone that can/want to fix it?

I have a 9886 that I could imprint for a little more, but I really like the old alpines.

oldguy
05-26-2011, 04:09 AM
I think its worth fixin, but I'm a little biased... They are great units, and go for between 100-200 dollars in good working condition. Heck, there was one on the bay awhile back that went for around 270 dollars. If you have already gotten a couple years use out of it, you could get it repaired and have a great unit for around 100 bucks... There isn't anything new for 100 dollars that is anywhere close to the quality,with all the features of the 9813. Even if you spend a little money to get it fixed, and decide you don't want it anymore, it will be easier to sell, and you should easily recover the expense

The new Alpines just aren't the same.

Pyro_By_Nature
05-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Personally, I'd just let it go. They were great decks in their time, but now are nothing to write home about. The only thing I really enjoyed about mine was the crossover so I could enjoy an active set-up.

oldguy
05-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Personally, I'd just let it go. They were great decks in their time, but now are nothing to write home about. The only thing I really enjoyed about mine was the crossover so I could enjoy an active set-up.

The only thing the newer hu's offer that the 9813's don't, is ipod and bluetooth. Heck, they are cool looking, have a motorized faceplate, built in eq, time corrcetion, 4 volt outputs. Plus, they don't feel cheap like a lot of the new stuff does.

I know times have changed, but I still prefer the older stuff. I wouldn't pay 3-400 dollars for one, but for the price that you can buy one for, or if you already have one, getting it repaired for 100 dollars, I think they are a good buy for what you get.

cf2004
05-31-2011, 05:14 PM
I said screw it and sent it in to get repaired. as long as its within their flat rate am happy. if it goes over that then I won't get it fixed

oldguy
06-01-2011, 03:41 AM
I said screw it and sent it in to get repaired. as long as its within their flat rate am happy. if it goes over that then I won't get it fixed

Cool... They deserve to be brought back to life