PDA

View Full Version : HID's question

Oh6AcCoRd
05-24-2011, 10:07 PM
What is a good temperature to go with that wont get me in trouble?

i live in maine and dont know if there is any laws. HID's is something ive been looking into for a bit and now im really interested.

NoLoud4U
05-24-2011, 10:13 PM
I run 5000K but I also have projector lens so they look factory.
If you have the other kind(the bowl thing) I would not suggest it. With that lense type the glare is trully blinding to on coming traffic.

I wanted to go 4300K but the only company that makes a nice cool looking yellow is Phillips.
Dont buy them from ebay whatever you do.
The first set I got from ebay from less the 50 bucks, the last 3 months. The ones I have now are real HIDs they are much brighter and are the color they say thay are.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

The law is nationwide

fasfocus00
05-24-2011, 10:13 PM
4k and 6k are you safest bet. hope you actually have projector lamp and not just regular headlamp being a pecker with lights that are too bright to be driving behind someone.

Oh6AcCoRd
05-24-2011, 10:15 PM
i have a 2006 honda accord SE. i have just the xenon bulbs and they arent too bright, just changes color. think id be safe? heres a picture of the light fixture:

http://www.distrocars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/2006-Honda-Accord-Hybrid-Headlight-View.jpg

not the best pic

NoLoud4U
05-24-2011, 10:18 PM
That housing will get your can impounded if you get the wrong cop

fasfocus00
05-24-2011, 10:19 PM
no you should not get HIDs, that's just being a prick to be honest. with that headlamp you're just gonna **** ppl off and it doesn't help your vision either. you should look at upgrading your headlights to a projector style lamp instead. than if that isn't enough than get an HID kit. ppl that have HIDs on regular lamps like yours I drive behind them with my brights on b/c that's exactly what it's like when you are driving behind someone.

Oh6AcCoRd
05-24-2011, 10:20 PM
gotcha, any idea where i can get some decently priced projectors?

NoLoud4U
05-24-2011, 10:21 PM
98-02 HONDA ACCORD LED HALO PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHT BLK | eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02-HONDA-ACCORD-LED-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHT-BLK-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aHondaQ7cModelQ3aAcc ordQQhashZitem20b99a961bQQitemZ140552869403QQptZMo torsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories)

You need somthing like this

NoLoud4U
05-24-2011, 10:22 PM
I also angled my housing down just to be safe. And with my car being as low as it is I dont tick people off and I can see everything

9515ROB
05-24-2011, 10:24 PM
I just bought some yesterday because i had one headlight go dim so i thought it was worth a shot even tho they are cheap ones

I was going to get 15ks but then i realized it wouldnt help make things any brighter so i ended up going with the 10k

HID Xenon Headlight conversion kit H1 3k 5k 6k 8k 10k++ | eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290481984244)

fasfocus00
05-24-2011, 10:24 PM
same here my car is only a couple inches off the ground so I know i'm not in anyones rearview.

9515ROB
05-24-2011, 10:28 PM
same here my car is only a couple inches off the ground so I know i'm not in anyones rearview.

who needs rear view mirrors anyway i took mine off along time ago. Its not like it bothers me i got the best tint out there so no light gets thru haha

Oh6AcCoRd
05-24-2011, 10:29 PM
i think i might give it a whirl, talking to a guy who owns an HID shop in maine. thanks everyone for your input.

NoLoud4U
05-24-2011, 10:30 PM
I just bought some yesterday because i had one headlight go dim so i thought it was worth a shot even tho they are cheap ones

I was going to get 15ks but then i realized it wouldnt help make things any brighter so i ended up going with the 10k

HID Xenon Headlight conversion kit H1 3k 5k 6k 8k 10k++ | eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290481984244)

I hate to tell you this but those where the ones I used to have.. They stop being bright after a few weeks the just stop working after 3 months. I orderd 5K and they where blue instead of yellowish white

Digital Designs
05-24-2011, 10:43 PM
DDM Tuning is the only cheap HIDs I would touch. I have used probably like 7 sets of them so far and they were all great. The only time I had a problem was with the fat ballasts once, the light was flickering. DDM replaced it for free though within a week. Also, I have a few buddies with HIDs in halogen housings, and it isnt terrible, I wouldnt ever do it though. I get flashed for my HID fogs since they arent a projector housing like my low beams, and my fogs are aimed a lot lower than a headlight would be. I would suggest getting yours retrofitted or finding an Accord with the same body style that came with projectors(if they did...). Do it right the first time dude.

BTW, I have 5000k 55w lows and 35w fogs, and they are brighter than any other car I have seen or been in. They are sorta blue right at first when you turn them on, but go to a very very bright white.

NoLoud4U
05-24-2011, 10:46 PM
DDM Tuning is the only cheap HIDs I would touch. I have used probably like 7 sets of them so far and they were all great. The only time I had a problem was with the fat ballasts once, the light was flickering. DDM replaced it for free though within a week. Also, I have a few buddies with HIDs in halogen housings, and it isnt terrible, I wouldnt ever do it though. I get flashed for my HID fogs since they arent a projector housing like my low beams, and my fogs are aimed a lot lower than a headlight would be. I would suggest getting yours retrofitted or finding an Accord with the same body style that came with projectors(if they did...). Do it right the first time dude.

BTW, I have 5000k 55w lows and 35w fogs, and they are brighter than any other car I have seen or been in. They are sorta blue right at first when you turn them on, but go to a very very bright white.

Ya man I didnt like my headlights going out on the way to work a few weeks ago. This time I got some good HIDs, you get what you pay for for sure.

Digital Designs
05-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Ya man I didnt like my headlights going out on the way to work a few weeks ago. This time I got some good HIDs, you get what you pay for for sure.

Ive had a few friends have Ebay kits go out on them, but I have honestly never seen a DDM kit fail. Like I said, I had one ballast that made the light flicker while heating up, and that was it. Maybe I have been lucky, but for like 50-60 bucks shipped for 55w HIDs with lifetime warranty, how can you pass that up?

legendndisguise
05-24-2011, 11:10 PM
If you want some quality parts and kits go to The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications (http://www.theretrofitsource.com). Most if not all stock HID systems on cars are 4300K. If you just throw a kit in the car you will have a lot of glare that will blind oncoming traffic.

9515ROB
05-25-2011, 12:28 AM
I hate to tell you this but those where the ones I used to have.. They stop being bright after a few weeks the just stop working after 3 months. I orderd 5K and they where blue instead of yellowish white

they are the cost of some new head lights so i figured it was worth a shot and plus they have a 2 year warranty so if they start to **** out i will send them back

6.5LDiesel
07-06-2011, 09:27 PM
None, I hate being highbeamed with HID headlights.

Bettr n' Revrse
07-06-2011, 09:33 PM
DDM tuning is what I have used and they where ok...

grandam888
07-07-2011, 08:10 PM
i have xentec hids from eBay, they "flutter" alot, bu they have been going strong for about 8 months. i also have them in regular housings, and they really don't blind anyone, i have never been flashed, just be sure to aim them lower than with your halogens, but if possible buy projector housings.

Buck
07-07-2011, 08:33 PM
I run 6k's.