PDA

View Full Version : what class would i be in?

jtomsic
05-24-2011, 10:06 AM
which class would i be in for meca and iasca with the equipment in my sig below...two shows coming up for these two different organizations and was wondering

jtomsic
05-24-2011, 10:12 AM
wow your a bunch of help why even post *******? gtfo ********.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

fuckin troll

jtomsic
05-24-2011, 10:14 AM
people like you are why this site has gone to the shitter...you ask for help and get a smart fuckin answer from your stupid ***. get a life and dont respond if your not gonna be of any use.

any intelligent/non-assohole trolls have an answer please let me know.. so sick of the people on this **** site ..it used to be a good site... sad to see it go the way it has with these young punk *** kids

MONSONwarrior
05-24-2011, 10:33 AM
depends on how everything is set up. in MECA if you're above the rear seat you can't be in the street classes, but if you aren't you'd most likely be in street 2. MECA decides based on the in line fusing closest to the amp and you cone area, you take your fusing, multiply it by 10 and then add your cone area. Street 2 is the 1000-2000 class, but to be in a lower class a lot of competitors put in smaller fusing, then roll their bass knob or volume up until it pops during their burp, so really, you could compete in Street 1 if you want to buy a couple fuses before hand.

now USACi has the Street Beat classes which are a 30 sec average on music and this is determined by cone area on a points system, I believe you'd be in SB2 with a 15 and then there are battery limitation and such. Their burp classes are decided based on power, a lot of people run high cone area, low power or will run at 4 ohms or something just to keep their class down. The classes are 0-600, 600-1800, and 1800-up. Now I may be wrong on some of these classes and someone may come and correct me but this will give you a general idea.

cliffs: MECA - Street 2 USACi - SB2 or Stock 600-1800

jtomsic
05-24-2011, 10:39 AM
thank you very much i am below the backseats of my car by 2-3 inches

MONSONwarrior
05-24-2011, 10:41 AM
thank you very much i am below the backseats of my car by 2-3 inches

Alright, then you should be in the classes I listed.

jtomsic
05-24-2011, 10:44 AM
thanks for your help bro.

MONSONwarrior
05-24-2011, 10:51 AM
any idea on your current score?

subzero
05-24-2011, 10:52 AM
alot more to it than that. you should review the rules man. lil stipulations might swing against you in the field...

General SPL Rules (http://www.mecacaraudio.com/dnn50/SPL/GeneralSPLRules.aspx)

MONSONwarrior
05-24-2011, 11:01 AM
alot more to it than that. you should review the rules man. lil stipulations might swing against you in the field...

General SPL Rules (http://www.mecacaraudio.com/dnn50/SPL/GeneralSPLRules.aspx)

I know what I gave him is very broad but those should be what he's in if I'm not mistaken. But yes, reading up on the rules is big in getting everything ready and having no surprises when you get there.

jtomsic
05-24-2011, 12:15 PM
im not really sure what i'll be lookin at havent been metered in this car ever and have a new box/amp/everything except same sub from old car...so i dont know what to even expect to be honest... what would you think i'd be look at ballfield? 130s id hope atleast

TeamProdigyMike
05-24-2011, 11:10 PM
How many batteries do you have? That will decide your class for iasca.

jtomsic
05-25-2011, 11:46 AM

TeamProdigyMike
05-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Then you should be in stock 2 class.

SICK GV
05-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Go to the show and ask the judge to inspect your car. The info you gave is not enough. Theres more to it then just the gear you run. The guy had it right at the top of this thread though. You really should look the rules up yourself to familiarize yourself with the sport. Oh and slamming your door shut will yield 125 to 130 db on the glass, we tried it at a comp lol so I hope your louder then a 130

jtomsic
05-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, see I was raised to actually educate myself and not expect to be spoon fed. It's not that difficult to find the rules for those organizations, hell one of them has even been posted in this thread. If you plan on competing you **** well better read them anyway, so why would I waste my time analyzing your setup when it would take you the exact same amount of time/effort?

People like YOU are what's bad about this site, lazy noobs that want everyone else to do the work for them.

hey retard it was a question like i said if u didnt want to answer i dont need your lip.. if i wanted any lip from you i'd peel it off my ****. i got the answer i want and the guy that answered is the person who's having the show anyhow and thats why i asked moron... so take your **** somewhere else.

MONSONwarrior
05-30-2011, 06:45 PM
im not really sure what i'll be lookin at havent been metered in this car ever and have a new box/amp/everything except same sub from old car...so i dont know what to even expect to be honest... what would you think i'd be look at ballfield? 130s id hope atleast

You should pretty easily doing 40's, I've done 40's with a DD2512 on 1k so you shouldn't have a problem.

ideal concepts
05-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Meca u should be in s3 class. A 15 hs cone area of 176 + amp fuse x 100. Fuse should be a 150-160 on that amp so total 1676-1776 depending on fuse. S3 is 1000-2000

jtomsic
05-30-2011, 07:37 PM
You should pretty easily doing 40's, I've done 40's with a DD2512 on 1k so you shouldn't have a problem.

thats good news im hopin so..with my new box its pretty loud im interested to see what i get metered at., thanks !

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Don't worry, my lip comes free of charge and will be provided every time you create a dumb thread :fyi:

ok. and i will just report it like im suppose to do for you trollin a tech section... :)

jtomsic
05-30-2011, 07:59 PM
meh

yep so do your thing man. whatever makes you feel special..this place is here for questions to be asked/answered..if you dont like that maybe you should leave and find somewhere else that wants you to provide smart *** responses to everything..

jtomsic
05-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Who are you to decide the purpose of the forum? In my opinion it's here for car audio enthusiasts to discuss the hobby, not for the veterans to spoon feed the noobs.

Perhaps you should visit Basic Car Audio Electronics (http://www.bcae1.com) I have a feeling if you read through some of the pages on that site it would avoid quite of a few future threads from you.

lol so im a noob cause ive never competed in meca??? right.. ive been coming to this site alot longer than you and have done alot of installs.. your just a retard get a life bro.. trollin a forum is how you get your jollies? you got a sad life then. seriously lol i feel sorry for you....your sweet tho..good job.

jtomsic
05-30-2011, 08:10 PM
and your a veteran? i never see you do anything besides troll posts dude.. your not what anyone would consider a "veteran" your a troll pure and simple. you will be gone soon enough tho.. keep up the good work.

jtomsic
05-30-2011, 08:22 PM
lol, yes this website is my entire life, I live just to push your buttons. But your right, I'm sure I'll get tired of this place soon and leave, it's not like I've been here for years or anything...

i didnt mean you'd tire.. i mean you'll get the hammer cause they are starting to crack down on people like you finally.. sorry didnt mean to confuse you on that.. i have no doublt you'll stay and troll or that you have nothing better to do with your life than troll here so ok keep up good work. have fun.

jtomsic
05-30-2011, 08:25 PM
oh im sorry you misunderstood when i said have fun.. i meant i was done with you.. so have a good one. and just cause your a kiss *** and send a mod money doesnt mean you cant get banned for breakin rules bro.

TeamProdigyMike
05-31-2011, 08:34 PM
I hope your still comming out to the show on June 25th. And the one on Friday night.

Phoenix Risen
05-31-2011, 08:39 PM
ok, so back on topic. you can get down into s1 in meca if you can figure out how to run that amp on a 35 amp fuse for at least 4-5 seconds.

im currently running a single 15 in s2 with 80 amps of fusing. and have now issue keeping my mmats at 2ohms. .5 is a different story though.

you will want to get into the lowest class that you can to be able to compete. that said there are guys in pretty much every class that are doing 150+ for meca.

jtomsic
06-03-2011, 11:19 PM
I hope your still comming out to the show on June 25th. And the one on Friday night.

yeah im coming to your show still and your car was ridiculous tonight man..good job

TeamProdigyMike
06-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks! It is ok. I wish I could have demoed a little more than 3 seconds before they cut me off!

kev28
06-05-2011, 01:18 AM
i have termlab i live in philly we can make arrangements for you to get meter pm me

jtomsic
06-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Thanks! It is ok. I wish I could have demoed a little more than 3 seconds before they cut me off!

yeah, that was kind of ridiculous lol he come out both times and cut you off instantly. your one buddies suv was stupid loud too was definately impressed by the both of them.

jtomsic
06-05-2011, 10:58 AM
i have termlab i live in philly we can make arrangements for you to get meter pm me

theres actually a guy about 25-30 mins from me with a TL and philly is like 6-7hrs from pittsburgh :-\ thanks tho! im actually coming to NJ for work in a few weeks tho so if i do and your close i might take you up on that offer! not sure which part of New jersey we are going to yet tho.. last time we were in Rockaway, NJ outside Newark.,

sacsking916
06-05-2011, 01:43 PM
So how did you do?

TeamProdigyMike
06-05-2011, 11:04 PM
His blazer is strong!! We can burp over 161db and he bass races a 159.5db. With 6- 12" orion hccas. I can't wait for our show on the 25th. My buddys typhoon should do 179.7++. We are looking for his first 180!!!! We hope