PDA

View Full Version : Profoundwill, return my items.

PHD - USA
05-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Profoundwill, and myself recently did a trade. I sent him my Mint condition PPI A300, a pair of Boston pro60 6.5s w/ crossovers, and a custom made big 3 kit that I made just for his car. He sent me a proclaimed d4 Crystal Cmpx2 15'' sub. I shipped out my items, as he claimed he would too. I asked him about 3 days after I shipped my items if he shipped the sub, he told me no, that the tornado warning around him were causing trouble. I accepted this and told him to stay safe and ship the sub out as soon as everything was safe.

A week after I shipped my items, he shipped the sub finally. Friday of the same week comes, and the sub arrives on my door step, I eagerly open it to find that the sub has no packing material in the box around it, only another box to hold it in place. i then start to notice damage on the sub (Pictures will be up later) the terminals on one side of the sub had a screw that was broken and they were left just hanging, the cone has a nic out of it, the surround has scuffs, and to top it all off, the sub isn't a d4, it is a d2!!! I let him know of the damage and we proceed to talk and try to figure out what we are going to do. I then find time on sunday to test the sub to make sure it at least worked, I find out that the sub plays but has mechanical noise that should not be there. I let him know about this, and he tells me to get a quote for shipping.

I go out the next day and get a quote for shipping and packing materials. I tell him about the quote and then ask him what we are going to do about the custom made big 3 kit I made him and ask him when he is going to ship. He first tells me that he is going to send the kit back, I tell him that I have no use for that kit because I made it just for his vehicle, I tell him that I would like monetary compensation for the kit. That conversation ended when he told me that he wouldn't ship my items back to me until he got the sub. I can't see myself doing that at all, considering he is the one that has trouble shipping in the first place and I have great feedback on this site, 28+ feedback. Right now all I want is; my ppi A300, the Boston pro60 speakers and crossovers, money for the shipping on the sub, money for the big 3, and I want him to ship first.

Sorry for the long read, I guess I can post cliffs in a bit lol

PHD - USA
05-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Crystal MobileSound CmpX215 15 Subwoofer CmpX2 Rare | eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Crystal-MobileSound-CmpX215-15-Subwoofer-CmpX2-Rare-/270490468316)

Here was the ebay listing for the sub that he had, there is also a thread on here displaying that the sub was d4.

SPLaudio
05-10-2011, 01:25 PM
its his job to make rite, wrong impedence and damage from inproper packaging.

PHD - USA
05-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Do you think it is fair that I make him ship back first?

sacsking916
05-10-2011, 01:27 PM
in all honesty the packaging shouldve been better than how it sounds it was. packaging on subs is important, as it is with other electronics, because of all the soft parts it has. hope profound will take care of this on his end.

elancohen92
05-10-2011, 01:28 PM
what a **** face he is...

sacsking916
05-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Do you think it is fair that I make him ship back first?

you got more on the line so i would say its fair. you have in your posession a damaged sub, he recieved his items in perfect condition. my only thing would be make sure they are packaged perfectly

Shinju
05-10-2011, 01:36 PM
lol Geoff break up that massive paragraph bud!

Bumpin' Goalie
05-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Let's everyone stay calm. :)

They're big boys. I'm sure it'll work out.

My .02 is that all items should be returned to the original owner. Due to Profound's item being the one in question, and ge_off_me having more than enough feedback, I think it would be quite alright to expect Profound to ship first at this point if items are simply to be returned.

The other method I see is to make a claim on the sub to the shipping company. Though this may not fly due to packaging methods, lack of insurance on the item, etc.

***Not my transaction, just my opinions.***

PHD - USA
05-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Fed ex has already been called, they will not cover it due to lack of packaging.

BlactimusCrime
05-10-2011, 01:45 PM
I completely agree with geoffs requests, they are more than reasonable considering the situation.

profoundwill
05-10-2011, 01:46 PM
The sub was shipped in the same crystalmobile sound box that I received the sub in, this box was made for shipping this exact subwoofer. I have shipped plenty of subwoofers before and never had a problem. I thought the sub was d4 I never checked it which is my fualt, I thought they all were dual 4 ohm. As for the big three I told him what lengths I needed up front and he own his added 3-4 inches to each piece making them all too long, so is that really custom, not doing what I requested. Also the PPI amp is not mint and the 6.5's are scratched up.

To make a long story short I offered to pay for him shipping the sub back to me and he refused to give me his paypal address to receive payment. In return of getting my sub I will ship all of his stuff back to him. It sounds like a set up to me, why not take my money for the shipping and send my sub back.

PHD - USA
05-10-2011, 01:50 PM
I have pictures of the ppi amp before shipping, I sent them to you as well. The amp was mint, I think even shinju can vouche for that. The 6.5s were 8/10 I told you that from the very beginning. I added the extra length to be helpful. I have more feedback than you, and the packaging you have done before was not appropriate for what you were shipping. I will send the sub out once I receive my items in the condition that I sent them.

profoundwill
05-10-2011, 01:51 PM
okay

PHD - USA
05-10-2011, 01:52 PM
So what does that mean?

Phoenix Risen
05-10-2011, 01:59 PM
hopefully things, will work out with out things getting too bad, or this turning into another bob/b issue.

personally i think that geoff has all rights to ask for him to ship first, and for him to pay for the big 3 kit. especially considering it was made vehicle specific.

but thats just me.

Shinju
05-10-2011, 02:00 PM
The sub was shipped in the same crystalmobile sound box that I received the sub in, this box was made for shipping this exact subwoofer. I have shipped plenty of subwoofers before and never had a problem. I thought the sub was d4 I never checked it which is my fualt, I thought they all were dual 4 ohm. As for the big three I told him what lengths I needed up front and he own his added 3-4 inches to each piece making them all too long, so is that really custom, not doing what I requested. Also the PPI amp is not mint and the 6.5's are scratched up.

To make a long story short I offered to pay for him shipping the sub back to me and he refused to give me his paypal address to receive payment. In return of getting my sub I will ship all of his stuff back to him. It sounds like a set up to me, why not take my money for the shipping and send my sub back.

I can tell you and I will put my rep on the line with this claim that he is not out to scam you man, I have delt with him personally on MANY occasions he is a honest and straight up guy.

He has been contacting me about this sub for the last 3 day's I have seen the photos and the packing job the day he got it, Yes it might have been shipped in the factory packaging but you STILL have to renforce that with something as FedEx/UPS tosses that **** around like a red headed step child.

Also that PPI A300 came from me and for its age it was MINT, I just sold the matching twin a300 on diyma and the one you got was in FAR better condition then the one I kept and that one was pretty **** nice too minus the paint discoloration on the side.

Unless something happend to it in his possesion or yours I think you are reaching here on its condition and trying to bring him down too. As for the speakers I cannot comment on that cause I never saw those.

outsideshot23
05-10-2011, 02:07 PM
If he said they were 8/10 i assume the small scratches is the reasont hey were 8/10 and not 10/10 .. If the big 3 is a little long cut off a few inches.., and i dont know about you but in my setup OHM LOAD is pretty sfuckin important.. If they sent me d2 instead of d4 i would have to run it at .25 ohm .. lol.. i think either everything should be returned to the original owners at the expense fo will or will pays to have his sub shipped back to him and compensates ge off for the products eh recieved.. just my .02

Shinju
05-10-2011, 02:16 PM
I will be posting photos on Geoffs behalf in a few.

akheathen
05-10-2011, 02:26 PM
well, not my trade, but i can attest for geoff. doing anything shady here would be like taking a crap in his own living-room at dinner time. as for the not sending the paypal info to accept money, i wouldn't either, until a solid arrangement has been laid out, otherwise, accepting the money is accepting a not done deal, open for manipulation. as for the wire kit, well my opinion is that trying to re-sale cut wire can be like trying to sell an open condom, and already crimped connectors would be a used condom... if you can find a buyer for it, who has the same vehicle, that would make it easier, but i wouldn't hold up the deal waiting for a buyer. better to just pay the cost of the wire/connectors, and install, or sell it. sounds like you are on the right track already, and geoff is plenty trust-worthy to stay on the safe side of the deal and have everyone feel comfy about it..... /my $.02

Shinju
05-10-2011, 02:39 PM
The D2 coil that wants to be a D4!

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k613/Shinju2k2/8.jpg

Pretty decent sized poc mark looks to be filled in with a sharpie?

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k613/Shinju2k2/9.jpg

Large scuffs on the surround due to the packing.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k613/Shinju2k2/916.jpg

How the sub arrived to Geoff, no padding or foam just cartboard inserts.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k613/Shinju2k2/917.jpg

The PPI A300 as it sat in Geoffs hands, The warranty sticker was removed by me when I got them from the origninal owner to verify any blown fets since I couldnt hook them on on the spot. Since there is NO warranty on these anymore. I didnt care so I pulled it, it was coming off anyway.

Both A300's work perfect, the guy I got them from NEVER USED THEM! he bought all brand new the a300's being floor models minus the PPI 2300AM that I got from him that was used for a month before being uninstalled and stored for 15 years along with 4 NIB Kicker A series Solobaric 12's.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k613/Shinju2k2/142.jpg
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k613/Shinju2k2/552.jpg
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k613/Shinju2k2/615.jpg
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k613/Shinju2k2/888.jpg

Vossy
05-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Pictures didn't work.
But sounds like Will should refund shipping costs etc because it's not even the right configuration! That's a no brainer.
Sounds like a simple trade back for the mistake Will had (I don't see any mistakes by Geoff).
And for the Big 3, you should pay him but in a fairly low amount.

Just my .02

matt_bennett05
05-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Get those pics up man so y'all can sort this mess out.

supermaxx123
05-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Sub doens't look that bad. Is it functional?

Shinju
05-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Pictures didn't work.
But sounds like Will should refund shipping costs etc because it's not even the right configuration! That's a no brainer.
Sounds like a simple trade back for the mistake Will had (I don't see any mistakes by Geoff).
And for the Big 3, you should pay him but in a fairly low amount.

Just my .02

They be workin! I broke the links and moved his photos of another server.

Hit F5 noobies!

NoPh33rRaCiNg
05-10-2011, 02:55 PM

The sub has the wrong coils. Geoff is a good guy here.

Kangaroux
05-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Geoff is an honest guy. I don't care if you shipped in the original packaging or not, if it didn't look to be secure enough you should have taken the time to go through and added in some extra stuff.

Suicide Bobb
Let me chime in.

As you guys probably know, Geoff and I don't have a very good past. I still haven't forgiven him, because he has yet to apologize in person. I still talk with him here, treat him like a human being. But I'm no friend of his.

But like I would for anyone on this site, I stepped up to the plate when he asked for assistance claiming that he was probably going to get screwed/scammed. I took notes on everything he said, and then I PM's Profoundwill to get his side of the story. After hearing both, it was evidently Profoundwill's fault that he sent the wrong sub, poorly packaged, thus it was his responsibility to send all his stuff back to Geoff, pay for the big 3 kit, and pay for the sub to be shipped back to himself.

Things went alright, he finally complied and decided to do what I said was right. I am, after all, approaching this from an unbiased perspective that, if anything, would be more biased to the aid of Profoundwill given the bad past experience I had with Geoff. But then he decided that he couldn't ship first for Geoff. I began to explain Geoff's legitimacy, and I even suggested he use me as a middle-man so that I would hold Geoff's stuff until Geoff sent the sub out. The conversation ended abruptly, and here we are now.

We all know what needs to happen. Profoundwill needs to send Geoff the amp and speakers, pay for the big 3 kit and the shipping label for the sub, and Geoff needs to send the sub after everything arrives in the condition it left his house in. Until everything happens in that exact order, this thread will stay live. It's Profoundwill's fault, albeit an ignorant accident from the start, so there is no reason why Geoff should get burned from this.

Profoundwill, it didn't have to come to this. I know that you never meant for this to happen. I also know why you didn't want the sub back, since now you will be set back shipping for your sub, the amp/speakers, and you will have a beat up sub with mechanical noise to fix. You screwed yourself over on this one, and whether or not you meant it doesn't change the fact that it is your responsibility to consume the consequences of your actions. What you did by arguing with Geoff and I over it is now also added a ruined reputation on the leading car audio website to the plate. It will not be easy, if even impossible to regain legitimacy here. If you are a good guy though, which I know you are, you will do what's right, put the past behind you, and start over fresh.

It's a sad situation, really. I'm sorry that you are now out probably over $100, and will have a nearly blown sub. I'm also sorry that Geoff had to be put through this right before the competition that he missed out on last year for a similar reason iirc. This whole situation would have turned out a whole lot better if you wouldn't have argued and made excuses.

jco1385
sounds like dude had a sub with noise and wanted to get rid of it. packed it shittily knowing it would be destroyed, hoping shipping company would eat it....

Suicide Bobb
05-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Geoff is an honest guy. I don't care if you shipped in the original packaging or not, if it didn't look to be secure enough you should have taken the time to go through and added in some extra stuff.

I forgot to add this.

Also, I can provide picture proof of the PM's Will and I exchanged

Suicide Bobb
05-10-2011, 03:02 PM
sounds like dude had a sub with noise and wanted to get rid of it. packed it shittily knowing it would be destroyed, hoping shipping company would eat it....

I don't believe that's the case. It would appear that he acquired the sub somehow, and never tested it. He just assumed from what the previous owner said that it was a D4 in mint condition. I'm guessing the mechanical noise is a shifted motor caused by impact from the poor packaging during shipping. Still his fault, obviously.

HOWEVER...in the eBay listing he says it's mint, but the pictures tell otherwise...That threw me off a little bit.

jtomsic
05-10-2011, 03:04 PM
in the ebay pic it looks like u can see the sharpie fillin the divot in on the bottom of the sub its off color.... anybody else see that?

jco1385
05-10-2011, 03:05 PM
if you are selling an item, you are responsible for an accurate description. i stand by my opinion. too many shady folks out there bruh.

jtomsic
05-10-2011, 03:07 PM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8508/b2hyldw2kkgrhquokj0eoik.jpg

Suicide Bobb
05-10-2011, 03:07 PM
in the ebay pic it looks like u can see the sharpie fillin the divot in on the bottom of the sub its off color.... anybody else see that?

I do. I questioned him about it, and he said that he had two subs, and that he sent the mint one, not the one in the picture. However, the sub that Geoff received has the same scuffing on the surround that the one in the picture does...

Again, I can provide PM proof of this.

jtomsic
05-10-2011, 03:10 PM
hard to tell from geoffs pics if thats same place that spot is but looks like it is and dude tried to hide it

Suicide Bobb
05-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Here is the picture he provided in the eBay listing

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j451/suicidehitler/B2HyLDw2kKGrHqUOKj0EOikY4ZQBMhO4-YsFg_12.jpg

Here is the picture Geoff sent me after the sub arrived

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j451/suicidehitler/Unnamed.jpg

Does anyone else see the scuff in the eBay pic? Looks VERY similar to the scuff in the pic Geoff sent.

Suicide Bobb
05-10-2011, 03:15 PM
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j451/suicidehitler/B2HyLDw2kKGrHqUOKj0EOikY4ZQBMhO4-YsFg_12-1.jpg

Suicide Bobb
05-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Here's another thing...How does a sub get a pin-hole dent like that through shipping? I'm pretty sure that that's impossible. If it didn't happen through shipping, it obviously was there before it got shipped. And if it was there before it got shipped, that means it wasn't in mint condition as it was described.

MisterDeadeye
05-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Shady business, man.

Slayerx
05-10-2011, 03:26 PM
I would be pissed as hell if a sub got shipped like that to me. I don't care if that's how the company sent it to me, I'd be pissed at them as well.

outsideshot23
05-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Let me chime in.

As you guys probably know, Geoff and I don't have a very good past. I still haven't forgiven him, because he has yet to apologize in person. I still talk with him here, treat him like a human being. But I'm no friend of his.

But like I would for anyone on this site, I stepped up to the plate when he asked for assistance claiming that he was probably going to get screwed/scammed. I took notes on everything he said, and then I PM's Profoundwill to get his side of the story. After hearing both, it was evidently Profoundwill's fault that he sent the wrong sub, poorly packaged, thus it was his responsibility to send all his stuff back to Geoff, pay for the big 3 kit, and pay for the sub to be shipped back to himself.

Things went alright, he finally complied and decided to do what I said was right. I am, after all, approaching this from an unbiased perspective that, if anything, would be more biased to the aid of Profoundwill given the bad past experience I had with Geoff. But then he decided that he couldn't ship first for Geoff. I began to explain Geoff's legitimacy, and I even suggested he use me as a middle-man so that I would hold Geoff's stuff until Geoff sent the sub out. The conversation ended abruptly, and here we are now.

We all know what needs to happen. Profoundwill needs to send Geoff the amp and speakers, pay for the big 3 kit and the shipping label for the sub, and Geoff needs to send the sub after everything arrives in the condition it left his house in. Until everything happens in that exact order, this thread will stay live. It's Profoundwill's fault, albeit an ignorant accident from the start, so there is no reason why Geoff should get burned from this.

Profoundwill, it didn't have to come to this. I know that you never meant for this to happen. I also know why you didn't want the sub back, since now you will be set back shipping for your sub, the amp/speakers, and you will have a beat up sub with mechanical noise to fix. You screwed yourself over on this one, and whether or not you meant it doesn't change the fact that it is your responsibility to consume the consequences of your actions. What you did by arguing with Geoff and I over it is now also added a ruined reputation on the leading car audio website to the plate. It will not be easy, if even impossible to regain legitimacy here. If you are a good guy though, which I know you are, you will do what's right, put the past behind you, and start over fresh.

It's a sad situation, really. I'm sorry that you are now out probably over $100, and will have a nearly blown sub. I'm also sorry that Geoff had to be put through this right before the competition that he missed out on last year for a similar reason iirc. This whole situation would have turned out a whole lot better if you wouldn't have argued and made excuses.

why are you even getting int he middle of other peoples transactions? Just leave it alone.. put your .02 and move on.. let the guys and the mods sort it out

Suicide Bobb
05-10-2011, 03:54 PM
why are you even getting int he middle of other peoples transactions? Just leave it alone.. put your .02 and move on.. let the guys and the mods sort it out

Because Geoff requested my assistance, and I'm not going to just sit back and watch someone get screwed/scammed. Two wrongs don't make a right, so regardless of my past issues with Geoff, he didn't deserve for this to happen to him.

Kangaroux
05-10-2011, 03:55 PM

I do believe that if you got scammed on here and someone tried to help you out you wouldn't have the same attitude.

Shinju
05-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Agree, lets stay out of it and let them work it out. No need for a peanut gallery here although no matter what its going to happen anyway.

Suicide Bobb
05-10-2011, 04:02 PM
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j451/suicidehitler/Crystalsub-1.jpg

I edited out a personal part.

jtomsic
05-10-2011, 04:03 PM
whats the deal though he going to ship the stuff back first? did you guys talk it out a little more?

Suicide Bobb
05-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Agree, lets stay out of it and let them work it out. No need for a peanut gallery here although no matter what its going to happen anyway.

They aren't working it out, that's why Geoff made the thread.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

whats the deal though he going to ship the stuff back first? did you guys talk it out a little more?

Geoff is in class right now. He will return shortly.

Suicide Bobb
05-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Nevermind

PHD - USA
05-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Back..... well I appreciate the help guys, I mainly made the thread to show him that I am not being a ****, just trying to cover my own *** here. I am willing to forget all of it and have the thread deleted if he sends my stuff back first and is in the condition I sent it in.

PHD - USA
05-10-2011, 04:37 PM

Even if it was functional, he is still in the wrong by sending a sub that was not the one advertised.

hrtbrk1
05-10-2011, 04:57 PM
i sent the boston pro60s and i stated that they werent perfect...the back has deadener on it but its not major. the face of the components look better than the ones i recently bought.

Suicide Bobb
05-10-2011, 05:00 PM
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j451/suicidehitler/CrystalSub2.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Btw, that hole that he mentioned was the one in the pictures that Shinju posted.

Suicide Bobb
05-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Here is the first PM convo I had with him. I deleted all the personal information that does not affect either side of the story.

So Geoff texted me telling me about the situation. I need to hear your side of the story before things get serious. Here's his side:

Listing on eBay says it's in mint condition, it clearly isn't
Listing and caraudio threads say it's a D4, it is in fact a D2
Packaging was horrible, and there was damage present because of it

Let me know your rebuttal! I'll give you a few days before I make a thread about it. I'm not trying to be an ***, just being straight-up.

-Dylan

(phone number was listed here in the PM) Text preferred

The sub was in mint condition while in my posession, the damage must have happen during the shipping process. I have perfect feed on eBay and on here I have dealt with several people with no problems before.

The D4 thing I admit I never checked it, thats what I was told, I thought they were all D4. He never requested for me to verify it or anything

I packed it the same way it arrived to me, in the original crystal sub box and it came to me in perfect condition I have shipped subs before that I have sold on here and other places with no problems and I also put $300 worth of insurance on it, which I told him I would file a claim on Monday about it

I told him I would send his stuff back if he sent me the sub back, but I am not going to pay for his shipping, I may consider paying a portion

What do you mean by things getting serious?

Well in the pictures, the sub is obviously not in mint condition. There is a scratch or two on the cone and a scuff on the surround.

Regardless of if he asked for a coil check or not, you did still state that it's a D4 and sent him a D2 instead.

I don't see how packing a sub in cardboard with no other packaging is safe? He said he talked to the shipping company and they aren't going to do anything about it.

After hearing your side of the story, you need to either send his stuff back and pay for his shipping, or reimburse him for the troubles. There is a comp coming up soon, and his amp is set up for a D4 sub. If he has to keep it, he has to get a different amp in order to properly compete. You sent him a sub that isn't in the described condition, isn't the right coil config, and was damaged in shipping because of improper packaging. You need to take responsibility.

In case you are wondering, I am not biased towards Geoff. He actually screwed over me a while back. I don't know if you were around here to see the whole situation happen. I still haven't forgiven him for it. But I don't think that two wrongs make a right. If he is getting "scammed" (don't take that word too seriously, I know it was just an ignorant accident on your part), I will not just sit back and laugh.

By "getting serious", I meant that I will have to make the thread about it and get others involved. I don't think that is necessary because you seem like a decent guy, and if you do what's right we won't have to get to that point. It's not a threat, just a warning.

-Dylan

The sub I sent him was not the the one in the picture you prolly saw, I have two, one was in peferct shape. Besides he didn't think it was mint from the pic he didn't have to get it. The sub was shipped in the company's shipping box, I can't see why that wouldn't be enough. DD subs come in a cardboard box just like a lot of other subs I have gotten.

but anyway I am going to check with fedex tomorrow for myself to see what can be done. However it seems to me the the only real problem is the voice coil config, no damage to the sub.

I told him what I would be willing to do, send him back eveything and he send me back everything. I am not going to pay his total shipping bill I may make a small contribution or maybe give him a little something for his trouble.

Get "others" like who involved??

There are some inconsistencies here. The sub in the picture has the same scuff on the surround as the sub that arrived at his doorstep. Coincidence, maybe. Regardless, you listed in the ad that it was in mint condition. How does a sub get a dent/hole in the cone that is the size of a pen tip from shipping? That doesn't happen. The packaging obviously wasn't enough if it got damaged in shipping. You NEVER send a sub in a box without packing material. That's just damage waiting to happen.

I'm not taking HIS side necessarily. From an unbiased perspective, I find that the responsibility falls upon you. You can't just admit that the coil config was was wrong and expect him to pay for it. That's straight up bullshit. You sent him the wrong item, it's your fault, not his. You need to take repercussions for your actions.

Put yourself in his shoes. You have a comp coming up, and you order a sub for it. The person sends it to you, and it arrives damaged from poor packaging. To top things off, the coil config is wrong. Now the value of the sub has diminished, and you are only able to pull half the power from the amp that you were preparing to. Finally, the seller expects you to pay to ship it back.

NONE of it was his fault. Sure, he COULD have judged by the picture that it wasn't mint. But then, you said it was mint and you also said here that you sent a different item than was pictured. Sure, he COULD have asked for DMM readings of the coil. But from someone like yourself who is such a stand-up seller, why would that be necessary?

Just pay for his shipping, send his stuff back, and put this all behind you. The shipping damage is yours to deal with, either they will insure it and help you pay to fix it, or you're left with the results of your poor packaging.

-Dylan

For thew last time it was not a plan cardborad box, it is the box crystal had made to ship its subs in. I have been in his shoes before and I didn't act like a little ***** about it either! It's not like the **** hit sent me was in perfect condition and shipped with the best packing material but hey things happen what do you really expect getting used car audio stuff. Win some you loose some. I told you and him what I am willing to do. I will pay for my shipping back is crappy mids and soso amp and maybe cover some of his shipping. I am a stand up seller and you are right it was just a mistake not trying to rip anyone off , that's just the way it is.

Regardless of the packaging, you sent him the wrong coil config! That was your fault, and he doesn't deserve to suffer because you made a stupid mistake like that. He's "whining" because you screwed over his chances at properly competing. The damage to the sub is an after thought, but that's not to say it's not an issue.

-Dylan

okay

So are you going to reimburse him shipping and send him his stuff back? I don't want to make a thread about it, but I will if thats what it takes.

-Dylan

whatever man, so when I get the sub and it reads dual 4 ohm then what, mister officer??

He sent me pics of the dmm on the coils. They read 2.1 each coil. I can send you pics if you text me.

-Dylan

Suicide Bobb
05-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Here is the second PM convo I had with him I started out by thanking him, because I thought that he had worked things out with Geoff. I quickly found out that I was wrong after another chat with Geoff.

Thank you for working things out with him. You did the right thing.

-Dylan

hey man talk to your boy, i am trying to give him the money to ship my sub back

If you wanted to, you could ship to me and I could hold it until he ships the sub out. Idk if that would even help, but I'd be willing to do so if that's what it takes.

-Dylan

that sounds good but as far as know yall could be in this together

That's true, we could. You have my word that we aren't, but obviously an e-promise is not worth much. What else could you/him/me do that would satisfy both parties?

-Dylan

ship my sub back to me once I pay for the shipping. all along he was saying i must pay his shipping, now I am trying to and he keeps adding bullshit

He isn't adding bullshit. He will ship the sub to you. But you need to ship first, not him. The reason is obvious, it's because his packaging has proven to be good and yours hasn't. You shipping first is just a precautionary measure to assure that his stuff arrives in the condition it was sent off in.

Let me add something that might help assure my legitimacy for you, so maybe you will feel comfortable at least shipping first to me as a middle-man...I am shipping first to imtjnotu, and he is going to buy it from me by doing payments. I have never met TJ in person, never even dealt with him before. If I can ship first to someone and accept multiple small payments for it, I'm pretty sure I can be trusted to hold a sub for you. You can absolutely PM TJ and ask him about it.

-Dylan

Here we go with this shipping crap again, for the last time I SHIPPED THE SUB IN THE ORGINAL CRYSTAL SHIPPING BOX THAT I RECEIVED THE SUB IN, THE ONE MADE FOR CRYSTAL FOR SHIPPING THIS EXACT SUB, it came to me fine with no damage. It is more than just an empty cardboard box it has pieces in it to hold the sub in place for protection, it came to me fine. Which is actually hard for me to believe that it is actually missed up due to shipping, its in the crystal shipping box that is made for this sub. So whos to say his packing skills are better than mine, i have shipped several items before, including subwoofers, and I have never had a problem before, which further makes me think something isn't right with this whole thing.

To be honest, you are either dumb or just ignorant to think a sub is fine packaged between two boxes with ZERO packaging material. I wouldn't care if Mcintosh themselves sent their $300k speakers to me in the same box, I wouldn't have sent them off to anyone without adding packaging material. You need to quit making excuses and do what's right. You're only digging yourself a bigger hole that you may not find your way out of.

-Dylan

I am pretty sure that my college degree will prove that I am not dumb or ignorant nor stupid enough to fall for your buddy's ****

What kinda hole are you talking about??

There is no **** that Geoff is pulling, and he's not my fuckin buddy. He USED to be my best friend, that was the past. I still haven't finished my associates, and I know better than to send a sub in a cardboard box with no packaging.

Check the pictures on the thread. There is a dent/hole.

You are starting to make things personal. Don't let that happen.

-Dylan

or what, what are you talking about?

That was not a threat. That was me asking you not to make things personal.

-Dylan

you called me dumb is that not personal

I said that you had to be EITHER dumb or ignorant to send the sub in that box with no packing material. If it was personal, I would call you a *******.

-Dylan

audioholic
05-10-2011, 06:24 PM

The moderators really have no authority to get in the middle of personal transactions. We are not the police.

Hope this gets straightened out guys.

Bassin Buick
05-10-2011, 07:03 PM
IMO , geoff should get his stuff back and will should pay to ship the sub home. Just my .02 but its sounding like this should be a no brainer.

thevic24
05-10-2011, 07:05 PM
IMO, Profoundwill needs to ship back first.
Sure, DD ships in "plain" cardboard boxes....with SOLID hard foam crate encasing the sub.
Not just cardboard. And I would have to think that, that sub was not shipped from the factory with just
2 cardboard boxes for protection.

Every day I feel so lucky to have has a few PERFECT transactions from this place. (thanks again to those of you!!)

Good luck guys.

the727kid
05-10-2011, 07:24 PM
This profound guy is pretty ignorant.

Bassin Buick
05-10-2011, 07:47 PM
This profound guy is pretty ignorant. profoundly ignorant?? LOL j/k

Ronny
05-10-2011, 07:49 PM
This is really a no brainer. Everyone is in agreement here with what should happen in the near future.

PHD - USA
05-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Too bad it isn't as simple as him agreeing. He has his mind made up, he wants to receive his sub first even though that is the furthest thing from fair or practical.

the727kid
05-10-2011, 08:46 PM
He should at least agree to a middleman.

Mitch86
05-10-2011, 08:55 PM
He should at least agree to a middleman.
this is between the 2 parties that traded in the first place. I would tell Bobb to **** off if I were in profoundwill's situation. I wouldnt be comfortable dealing with someone else who has been/is personal friends being the "middle man". It's just shady that someone else is on this guy like he is the one being screwed over. Let the man take care of his own business and everyone else stfu. Thats my opinion.

the727kid
05-10-2011, 08:57 PM
this is between the 2 parties that traded in the first place. I would tell Bobb to **** off if I were in profoundwill's situation. I wouldnt be comfortable dealing with someone else who has been/is personal friends being the "middle man". It's just shady that someone else is on this guy like he is the one being screwed over. Let the man take care of his own business and everyone else stfu. Thats my opinion.

Apparently you never have been scammed. I never said for "his boy" to be a middle man, but anybody. Obviously the original guy has serious ethical issues. His so called proclaimed college degree must be in something far from business.

Mitch86
05-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Apparently you never have been scammed. I never said for "his boy" to be a middle man, but anybody. Obviously the original guy has serious ethical issues. His so called proclaimed college degree must be in something far from business.

No, but if I had been scammed, I wouldnt want anyone else PM'ing the "scammer" and threatening them and all this BS. Just doesnt accomplish anything and adds fuel to the fire. Let the two that did business talk and try to come to an agreement. A "middleman" isnt accomplishing anything imo.

MisterDeadeye
05-10-2011, 09:17 PM
No, but if I had been scammed, I wouldnt want anyone else PM'ing the "scammer" and threatening them and all this BS. Just doesnt accomplish anything and adds fuel to the fire. Let the two that did business talk and try to come to an agreement. A "middleman" isnt accomplishing anything imo.

No one cares what you think. Bobb was ASKED to help out.

PHD - USA
05-10-2011, 09:19 PM
We are now working on a deal, we will update when we reach our first step in the deal.

Mitch86
05-10-2011, 09:22 PM
No one cares what you think. Bobb was ASKED to help out.

He is still butting in on something that is not his business. If I were profound, it would **** me off to the point I wouldnt want to deal with geoff until his watchdog backed off.

ChevyRidinLow
05-10-2011, 09:26 PM

good luck doing a big 3 with wires exactly the length of the distance. retard.

mast240
05-10-2011, 10:06 PM

haha... that was my first thought when i read this.... sounds like someone with a legit complaint... and someone who just wants to complain, so he doesnt look like a dousche

profoundwill
05-10-2011, 10:23 PM

agreed

profoundwill
05-10-2011, 10:25 PM

F-U ******* I accounted for that my self

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

haha... that was my first thought when i read this.... sounds like someone with a legit complaint... and someone who just wants to complain, so he doesnt look like a dousche

same goes for you as above

JoshGuy
05-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Aye i mean it does seem alil bias but over all that whole situation just *****

MisterDeadeye
05-10-2011, 11:18 PM
agreed

You know, if you weren't such an idiot this would have been solved already.

infamous_e46
05-11-2011, 12:21 AM
somebody in this thread wants to fukk :fyi:

Suicide Bobb
05-11-2011, 01:23 AM

Did you read the convo we had? I never threatened anything. I was just trying to figure out who the problem party was, and what needed to be done to fix it. It's not my job to finalize anything, that's between them. But the victim trying to reason with a scammer is only going to get screwed in the long run. Think about it.

He is still butting in on something that is not his business. If I were profound, it would **** me off to the point I wouldnt want to deal with geoff until his watchdog backed off.

I am not a ******* watchdog. I'm not even friends with Geoff. My job was to figure out who was wronged, and what a good solution would be. If he was a scammer, of course he would want me to **** off. I am not going to sit back and watch someone good scammed/screwed. Neither Geoff nor Will deserve to get scammed.

Suicide Bobb
05-11-2011, 01:26 AM
Let me make this clear. I am nobody's "buddy" in this situation. I am a non-biased third party who seeks to find the right solution so that either person takes responsibility for their actions. Geoff made zero, not one thing wrong. He has nothing to be accountable for. Will did more than just one thing wrong, and he deserves to take full responsibility. If that doesn't make any sense, or is not clear in any way, then you're just a troll at this point. Read through everything that was said or done in this thread and just TRY to act like it's not Will's full responsibility.

Heeltoeclutch
05-11-2011, 01:38 AM
I think Bobb has helped the situation overall. I hope this all works out alright for both of you; good to hear a deal is underway.

Suicide Bobb
05-11-2011, 02:22 AM
I think Bobb has helped the situation overall. I hope this all works out alright for both of you; good to hear a deal is underway.

Thanks. I'm not here to pick favorites. I just don't want anyone to get scammed.

Ronny
05-11-2011, 02:35 AM
If there must be a middle man, send it to any well respected member that would oblige to do so. Will, I'm sorry that you would like the woofer shipped back first, but myself and most everyone agrees that you ought to ship first. In no way am I attacking your credibility as a trader, but if it is done as so, we can settle this rather quickly and have it all behind us.

Glad to hear you guys are in the midst of reaching an agreement.

Stryker
05-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Will should ship back the gear and pay all shipping.....
Wrong coil, bad packing job, questionable product description.
Geoff is a credible trading partner, nuff said.
Gotta make this right Will, no?

bigbangtheory
05-20-2011, 01:35 AM
Hope it gets worked out guys.

This hear is a lot of the reason why I dont do trades, payments, getting middle men involved. I accept a MO only as PP IMO is a scam in itself (Been screwed twice by them now.)

So hopefully it gets worked out and each party gets their original stuff back.

Profoundwill should take care of the whole thing though. Sent the wrong sub, rather in good condition or not is a big no-no! Should know what verison it is. I mean you can jack ish up hooking up an amp to it. Maybe he never hooked it up and I just missed that.....

If he did, then wow.

outsideshot23
05-20-2011, 01:55 AM
Let me make this clear. I am nobody's "buddy" in this situation. I am a non-biased third party who seeks to find the right solution so that either person takes responsibility for their actions. Geoff made zero, not one thing wrong. He has nothing to be accountable for. Will did more than just one thing wrong, and he deserves to take full responsibility. If that doesn't make any sense, or is not clear in any way, then you're just a troll at this point. Read through everything that was said or done in this thread and just TRY to act like it's not Will's full responsibility.

not your place to get inthe middle of anything.. If anything post your .02 on here like everyone else does... let the mods and 2 partys handle it.. on a side not I move that we ban said scammer

Mookie
05-20-2011, 02:41 AM
Man after seeing so many damm threads about this type of stuff it makes me never wanna buy anything on here again.

Suicide Bobb
05-20-2011, 02:51 AM
not your place to get inthe middle of anything.. If anything post your .02 on here like everyone else does... let the mods and 2 partys handle it.. on a side not I move that we ban said scammer

It is my place, it was requested by the potential victim. As the mods already said, they can't do anything.

outsideshot23
05-20-2011, 03:05 AM
It is my place, it was requested by the potential victim. As the mods already said, they can't do anything.

no its not your place.. are you involved in the transaction in any way??? any of the gear yours?? money?? anything on the line??? no.. your just bored and wanting to get in the middle.. not your place.. Someon came butting in I wouldnt give the guy **** either if I was will...

Suicide Bobb
05-20-2011, 04:05 AM
no its not your place.. are you involved in the transaction in any way??? any of the gear yours?? money?? anything on the line??? no.. your just bored and wanting to get in the middle.. not your place.. Someon came butting in I wouldnt give the guy **** either if I was will...

Jesus Christ, I wasn't bored and I didn't just "want to get in the middle". I took time out of my day that I wouldn't have otherwise to help Geoff out because he texted/called me and asked me to. I'm not trying to be cool, and it wasn't my idea to intervene. The potential victim asked me to do so. What would you do, just stand back and watch him get scammed? I'm not that kind of guy. He didn't deserve to get scammed, and I wasn't just going to sit back and watch that happen.

Remember how Geoff...well, I can't say that because of an agreement between me, him, and MoT, but I think you know what I'm getting at. We aren't on good terms at all, yet I decided to help him anyways. Do you really think I'd do so if I didn't think it was my place and responsibility?

BlactimusCrime
05-20-2011, 04:13 AM
these threads always turn into a big B|tchfest.... jesus christ...

Suicide Bobb
05-20-2011, 06:02 AM
these threads always turn into a big B|tchfest.... jesus christ...

Seriously. Outsideshot obviously doesn't believe in helping others who are in need. It's not about my pride, or anything at all to do with me. I only did what I did in order to prevent the potential victim from getting scammed.

disturbed471985
05-20-2011, 06:30 AM
6 pages to come to the conclusion that the deal blew up and both parties should return said items??? Really 6 pages for something that simple??? Profound if money is the issue I would be interested in the sub thus giving you the funds to take care of Geoff. PM me if that peaks your interest.

PHD - USA
05-20-2011, 11:07 AM
We just got this handled lol. please delete thread

nateberrier
05-20-2011, 11:30 AM
weiners