PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used/heard diamond audio components?

DJ FURY
02-15-2004, 08:38 AM
Still having a hard time finding the components i want.looking for some that play loud and can handle the abuse of loud volumes.Some people say the cdts(which are a great deal) but has anyone heard the diamond audio hexes or even the m series components?Was wondering how they are.And feel free to list ur fav components.thanks

Unreal
02-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Went and heard them this weekend. They were ok but nothing special.

I would get the CDTs any day over the Diamonds.

DJ FURY
02-15-2004, 10:40 AM
U heard the cl-61s i take it

Berry47
02-15-2004, 02:48 PM
CDT over Diamond you got to be kidding. CDT's are great I own a set. But i would much rather own a diamond hex set. They just sound awesome.

Shugarra
02-15-2004, 03:21 PM
I've had a set of diamond M5's and a set of diamond hexes and both were awesome. I would suggest if you get the hexes get the silk tweeters, the aluminums were just really harsh to me. I haven't heard the CDT's so I can't comment on them.

Unreal
02-15-2004, 05:55 PM
CDT Classics I would take over m3s.

CDT euros I would take over Hexes.

Hexes with a silk dome I would take over the classics, but not over the Euros, and not over the HDs either.

DJ FURY
02-15-2004, 08:20 PM
I just never hear anything bad about the diamond audios.everyone says they play loud and can handle the abuse...just what im looking for.

Shugarra
02-15-2004, 10:04 PM
The only problem with diamond is they can be kind of expensive if you buy them from an authorized dealer and being as they have a policy against internet sales you might have a little bit of a problem finding them on the internet.

Pete
02-16-2004, 10:55 AM
I would try to compair the Diamond Hex with Focal Utopias or a few of their other lines, also listen to the true CDT HD62 and Eurosport 620s. Some of MB Quarts high end compnents are really nice as well if they get tamed down a touch in the high frequencies.

Alpine CDA-9815
02-17-2004, 02:52 AM
Boston Acoustic 6.5 Pros. They are very loud, they can take abuse, handle a lot of power (400WRMS), are very clear and accurate even at high volumes. They are around the same price as the HEX's.

dnosryd
02-18-2004, 12:19 AM
I have the M661s in the doors of my Grand Cherokee with the tweeter mounted next to the 6.5 and I really like how they sound. They're hooked up to a Tsunami DB4440 and with the system cranked it plays loud, crisp, and clear. I listened to a couple of different comp sets with close to the same specs and I liked these the best of them all. I'm sure there are other comps that are better but I'm pretty happy with these.