PDA

View Full Version : Auditioning speakers

Cangri
04-19-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm currently looking for speakers for 07'camry. My budget is 1200 for speakers. I've been auditioning speakers for a week now. The problem I'm running into is that alot of the local shops in my area have either no speakers setup for auditioning or the lower end of a brands line. Is this typical for audio shops?I would assume that most ppl actually wanna listen to a speaker before buying, and just not by word of mouth.

PHD - USA
04-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Tell them if you can't listen to them then they are losing out on a sale.

wickedwitt
04-19-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm currently looking for speakers for 07'camry. My budget is 1200 for speakers. I've been auditioning speakers for a week now. The problem I'm running into is that alot of the local shops in my area have either no speakers setup for auditioning or the lower end of a brands line. Is this typical for audio shops?I would assume that most ppl actually wanna listen to a speaker before buying, and just not by word of mouth.

The reason most shops don't demo their higher end speakers is because a local shop doesn't sell that product very often. If you take one of the higher end subs/amps that hardly move and demo it, you've ruined its markup by either having to sell it at a used price or running the risk of some idiot coming in and blowing it playing with the board. Also, most local shops don't even keep their highest end stuff in stock because it is a bad investment to hang on to something that has such a high dealer initial cost. They move tons of the lower end equipment, so it's worth having them setup to demo because it will actually get them sales. Most of the time people want to hear the loudest thing setup, only expecting to buy $500 worth of equipment. Wears out the equipment, with no prospect of a sale.

Cangri
04-19-2011, 02:22 PM
You have to spend money to make money. I guess the average consumer isnt looking to spend a great deal on a setup. I guess I'll just go with the approach of, if I cant listen to it then I won't buy it. It kind of threw me though cause the shop sells high end products yet nothing is setup.

okiedokie
04-20-2011, 12:55 AM
^^^ Have you asked if any of the high end gear is installed in there car or an installers car that you can listen too