PDA

View Full Version : Something's wrong...

MisterDeadeye
04-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Okay. First, my buddy's Power Acoustik amp stopped working(would turn off and on repeatedly, forever. Tried to replace wiring/move grounds/fuses, and nothing worked. He got a new Autotek, thinking it was no big deal).

Yesterday, we were listening to music, and his amp made an audible click just once. It stayed on however, so we thought nothing of it. Later on, I smelled something funny(never a good sign), and a few seconds later, his head unit just went black. Now, we can occasionally get it to turn on, but no buttons do anything, and no source is ever selected.

I don't know if these three problems are coincidental, but I feel like they aren't. He has horrible dimming problems with the volume loud at night, but it was late when this happened. The volume was low enough for us to have a conversation over the music.

This is the HU he has: Sony CDX-GT700HD

09civic
04-18-2011, 06:09 PM
what subs? sounds like he fried the amp with poor electrical

MisterDeadeye
04-18-2011, 06:14 PM
He's got one 15" L7. Stock alt(rated at 125 amps), horrible battery. He has 1/0 AWG wire running to the back, but I don't think he's done the big three.

Would the poor electrical somehow account for the head unit too?

09civic
04-18-2011, 06:20 PM
He's got one 15" L7. Stock alt(rated at 125 amps), horrible battery. He has 1/0 AWG wire running to the back, but I don't think he's done the big three.

Would the poor electrical somehow account for the head unit too?

im not completely sure

OmegaBunny
04-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Nah electrical is fine! I would think it might be a blown fuse.

Just effing with ya! Its probably the fact that he barely has the electrical to run his H/U!