PDA

View Full Version : Worth upgrading my door speakers?

rjay
04-17-2011, 11:28 PM
I've got a 09 Nissan Sentra with the factory door speakers. I recently put in a JVC KD-HDR70 cd player (puts out 20watts) and obviously my speakers sound better now than with my factory HU. Think it would be worth changing out the speakers to some decent aftermarket speakers? I've only changed them when I've had them running off a seperate amp (60watts plus), but how much better, if any, would they sound over factory considering the power they would be getting? I don't have a certain brand in mind, I was just curious.

Heeltoeclutch
04-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Hard to say without hearing... I'm running my stock speakers amped with zed-ness and honestly I'm worried that I'll be downgrading if I change them out with anything I can afford atm. I'm very happy with how they sound now. So that money is going towards other things :)

rjay
04-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I haven't heard any aftermarket door speakers ran off a the headunits power before, they have always been off of seperate, more powerful amps. I was wondering if someone else had experience with doin that, before I wasted any more $!