PDA

View Full Version : More output from rear speakers

dumple
04-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Well I like the sound I'm getting out of my mpyre mids but I feel like there is more to be had from them. I've been looking and reading over some posts on other forums about plastic or foam baffles ( cups mounted to basically seal them off). I think these would be a good idea to gain output on the low end from the speakers and also help with some cancelations I'm getting from my subwoofer( sealed facing up directly at the back of the mpyres). Im just posting this to get some other perspectives and maybe find a better solution. Btw all sealed and deadened deck.
If all you have to add is "get rid of your rears" dont even post it

dumple
04-15-2011, 11:52 PM
No comments

okiedokie
04-16-2011, 02:09 AM
Clear Cast Acrylic Tubing: TAP Plastics (http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=462&)

you can use clear cast acrylic have them cut it 6inch round by 2inch depth.
I have use this product in the past installs gluing it to MDF baffle.
I really like the fact the back wasn't sealed & i felt it gave my mids more of a smooth out the upper midrange more like the midrange had more control.
I also liked the snappier midbass in my doors.
No it didn't get much deeper, just tonality was better.

If you have the room to seal up the mids then that maybe be better.
Have you tried to make a bov for those mids to see how they sound sealed up?
You might want look at other mids if you aren't getting the best results out of those mpyres.

you can also turn down the gains on your amp to your rears or adjust your balance on your deck

K_Watson
04-16-2011, 02:30 AM
At the hardware store, I've seen foam covers for outdoor faucets that would cover the bottoms of speakers as big as 6x9... I was thinking of experimenting with them to seal the bottom of the rear deck speakers to prevent the subs from interfering with their function.

dumple
04-16-2011, 02:34 AM
I'm just going to buy the hard plastic ones and see what's up, I guess I just wanted to know if anyone had good results doing or not going