if you can really even call it that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXrNrDlvDao&feature=player_profilepage

09civic
04-13-2011, 11:37 PM
**** sounds good even on youtube lol.

nateberrier
04-13-2011, 11:39 PM
**** sounds good even on youtube lol.

Thanks, I need to do a song with the sub off, any suggestions?

BASSMEKANIK89
04-13-2011, 11:43 PM
You are going to have a problem with the jl tweeters in that location. You are going to have to time align the JL tweeters separately from the Pioneer speakers, you might want to play with the phasing on the JL tweeters to help them blend in. In a perfect world you want the all of the speakers on axis with the driver location for sq. With them pointed at the rear view mirror you be getting some reflection from the glass that would cause unwanted response. If the visors are cloth, try lowering them. It might soften them to the ear. I like the idea and good luck.

nateberrier
04-13-2011, 11:50 PM
The tweeters and pioneer mids are on their own channels and are aligned differently, i still cant decide if i like it yet, the tweeters dont bite as much as I expected either. I may move the one tweeter as well.

wickedwitt
04-13-2011, 11:55 PM
Thanks, I need to do a song with the sub off, any suggestions?

AWOLNATION- Sail

twistedchild420
04-13-2011, 11:58 PM
Do Pearl Jam-Black
and
Jimi Hendrix-All Along the Watchtower

nateberrier
04-14-2011, 12:00 AM
AWOLNATION- Sail

If you have a 320 download link i will love you forever, I found a torrent a couple weeks ago and it was 256 :(

BASSMEKANIK89
04-14-2011, 12:04 AM
A good song to test is "Down to the river to pray" by Allison Krauss. It is not the ideal music that you or I might listen too, but it was recorded with a high crest factor(no clipping) and sounds great. I use it for demo's. Her voice id crystal clear.

nateberrier
04-14-2011, 12:07 AM
A good song to test is "Down to the river to pray" by Allison Krauss. It is not the ideal music that you or I might listen too, but it was recorded with a high crest factor(no clipping) and sounds great. I use it for demo's. Her voice id crystal clear.

I shall look for this.

I found Awolnation in what I believe to be 320 so brb

wickedwitt
04-14-2011, 12:07 AM
If you have a 320 download link i will love you forever, I found a torrent a couple weeks ago and it was 256 :(
One I have is 256 I think too, or I'd just send it to you

Could always get a CD 1592kps ; )

wickedwitt
04-14-2011, 12:09 AM
I shall look for this.

I found Awolnation in what I believe to be 320 so brb
nice post that bad boy up, song sounds amazing and m front stage is still junk

Bettr n' Revrse
04-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Gunna try this as well I think

nateberrier
04-14-2011, 12:17 AM
nice post that bad boy up, song sounds amazing and m front stage is still junk

His voice sounds clipped in the song, im not sure if its just the song or the mp3 or what, never had a chance to crank it before, rest of it sounds good. vid is coming up now

nateberrier
04-14-2011, 12:22 AM
Also wanna point out that this probably voids the car warranty so shhhh. only 5k miles on this car and i have gutted the stereo and replaced it. Also you can probably hear some door resonance.. stupid plastic doors. Vid in a sec

wickedwitt
04-14-2011, 12:22 AM
His voice sounds clipped in the song, im not sure if its just the song or the mp3 or what, never had a chance to crank it before, rest of it sounds good. vid is coming up now

Hmm, I know he's heavily toned. Shouldn't sound clipped though. Prolly just the dl you got.

EDIT: Listened to the song. Was recorded with way too much vocals, why it sounds clipped. I have the actual CD rip (paid imesh ftw) and the vocals are still pissy. Synth music is amazing, however.

RAM_Designs
04-14-2011, 12:24 AM
I like using Pink Floyd - Money

wickedwitt
04-14-2011, 12:29 AM
Also wanna point out that this probably voids the car warranty so shhhh. only 5k miles on this car and i have gutted the stereo and replaced it. Also you can probably hear some door resonance.. stupid plastic doors. Vid in a sec

Last time I checked, as long as you don't cut the harness you void no automakers warranty. Plastic cars do **** for esque, is why everyone glasses their whole freaking car.

Bumpin' Goalie
04-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Last time I checked, as long as you don't cut the harness you void no automakers warranty. Plastic cars do **** for esque, is why everyone glasses their whole freaking car.

Who doesn't like a challenge? ;)

nateberrier
04-14-2011, 12:49 AM

LOL OOOPS. I hard wired, they sent me the wrong harness twice and i got fed up. I have to silicone the doors and put some butyl on them to try and help. I am not going to cover it in fiberglass. Im petty sure Honda wouldnt be a fan of the 1.0 attached to the alt either

nateberrier
04-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Havent even watched it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vWYxPBwPB4

Bassin Buick
04-14-2011, 01:12 AM
Got a copycat vid uploading now. Nate inspired me to show off what I hooked up today.

nateberrier
04-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Got a copycat vid uploading now. Nate inspired me to show off what I hooked up today.

Yours sounds pretty good, was that a crack at me at the end?

okiedokie
04-14-2011, 10:20 PM
the midbass in the beginning of that primus song sounds really snappy, i like.
the recording is pretty good for a youtube video.