PDA

View Full Version : Noob trying to learn more.

Moofs
04-13-2011, 12:38 AM
So this is the 2nd car audio forum I have signed up for. Im still very new to car audio, I only understand the basics so far. My first system was in my 94 toyota corolla which I just sold. It had a clarion headunit and all the factory speakers replaced with clarion 4inch speakers running off the deck. I later added a 12 inch pioneer sub with an alpine amp. That was good for about 250 watts rms. Total for that system, 290$. Pretty cheap. I'm now in the market for a new car and looking to step up my game a little. I'd like to get some amped components and a sub that can actually play some lows. I'm in between going to a shop and doing it myself though. I dont feel comfortable placing a ground, tuning the amp, wiring the door speakers etc. just yet. Hopefully I can find someone in my area to help. I'm 20 btw so with school and stuff this is just a hobby.
:D

-01limited-
04-13-2011, 12:56 AM
DIY> a shop doin it.

Cruzer
04-13-2011, 01:02 AM
welcome!

i promise u can do everything yourself with the help of us(forums). dont use the shop unless u just have the cash laying around or if u have something wrong and none of us can help u fix or figure out.

btw if u post for gear help, post a budget for the item(s) and u will get lists flowing in of suggestions lol

09civic
04-14-2011, 11:11 PM
glad to see another member :)

Heeltoeclutch
04-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Welcome to the forum :) This forum contains more knowledge than 99.999999999999% of any shop you'll find.

K_Watson
04-14-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm a noob too, but I just finished the system in my 98 Corolla (Prizm actually). Take your time and do your research before you start.

MONSONwarrior
04-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Welcome to the forum :) This forum contains more knowledge than 99.999999999999% of any shop you'll find.

this.

Bettr n' Revrse
04-14-2011, 11:27 PM
So this is the 2nd car audio forum I have signed up for. Im still very new to car audio, I only understand the basics so far. My first system was in my 94 toyota corolla which I just sold. It had a clarion headunit and all the factory speakers replaced with clarion 4inch speakers running off the deck. I later added a 12 inch pioneer sub with an alpine amp. That was good for about 250 watts rms. Total for that system, 290$. Pretty cheap. I'm now in the market for a new car and looking to step up my game a little. I'd like to get some amped components and a sub that can actually play some lows. I'm in between going to a shop and doing it myself though. I dont feel comfortable placing a ground, tuning the amp, wiring the door speakers etc. just yet. Hopefully I can find someone in my area to help. I'm 20 btw so with school and stuff this is just a hobby.
:D

If you want a 4 channel and some good comps PM me...

Moofs
04-16-2011, 02:47 AM
Thanks for welcomes guys!
I'm still in the market for a new car so once I get it I'll know exactly what I need to get. (speakers size, 2 or 4 door, how much room I can work with etc.)
I have a setup in mind and once I do some more research I'll def post it up and ask you all for suggestions/improvements.

Yeah, as a college kid I'd like to save as much as I can and do it my self. I'm actually leaning towards a dual amp setup since I have a 2 channel left from my old setup which I'd run components on. That I'll prob have the most trouble with.
Thanks again guys!

dragnix
04-16-2011, 02:49 AM
check out the classifieds, everyone here's got something to sell so they can pick up new gear. Good way to keep your budget together

Bettr n' Revrse
04-16-2011, 02:51 AM
Dual as in the brand or dual as in 2?

dragnix
04-16-2011, 02:52 AM
i think he means two amps. As in one more to run with the alpine he already has

Bettr n' Revrse
04-16-2011, 02:54 AM
Thats what Im thinkin too just wanted to be sure...

Moofs
04-16-2011, 07:28 PM
haha yeah dual as in 2 amps. 1 for mids/highs and 1 for sub.

Questions: When I try to post in the general section it tells me my post needs to be reviewed by moderators. Do I just need to wait or is there a number of posts I need for that not to happen?