PDA

View Full Version : SOLD/CLOSED DD 9512 and TC-9-12's

garychoffmann
04-12-2011, 09:19 PM
I have a DD 9512 and 2 TC subs for sale

DD is fresh recone, cone is black but it's DD yellow kevlar cone (underside) Plain dustcap. I was going to put something on the cone to match my car but the sub is just too much for me right now.

I also have 2 TC subs, They were just reconed with TC cones and extra fat surround, flat dustcaps, these subs look to have some travel. Magnets are knicked up and scratched. I was told these were made custom by TC back when they still did customs.

TC's

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/GaryCHoffmann/stereo%20stuff/DSCN1257.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/GaryCHoffmann/stereo%20stuff/DSCN1258.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/GaryCHoffmann/stereo%20stuff/DSCN1262.jpg

DD

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/GaryCHoffmann/stereo%20stuff/DSCN1259.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/GaryCHoffmann/stereo%20stuff/DSCN1260.jpg

what I need

5-6 channel amp
4 channel amp and a mono amp
Double Din head unit or nice single din
6x8 speakers
smaller subs
Tweeters

I'm putting a small system in my wifes family cruiser so let me know what you have.

Kangaroux
04-12-2011, 09:21 PM
that a german shepard or a mix of it?

Bettr n' Revrse
04-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Gotta be a mix ^^^

The TC's dont look scratched up? what will they hold power wise?

PhishHead
04-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Any interest in a 12'' Ia lethal Injection with box for the tc subs? Maybe I pay your shipping too?

Inferno333
04-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Any interest in a JL Audio G6600?

It's a nice 6 channel.

garychoffmann
04-12-2011, 09:49 PM
camera hides the scratches, could probably polish them with minimal effort. I've been told by a few different people a few different things about how much power to give them. I don't know alot about TC subs so I've asked quite a few people about them. I would say your safe in the 850-1000 RMS range, I've been told they could handle quite a bit more than that. I bought them to put in my conquest but decided adding 300 pounds of subs and box is not a good idea for a street/strip car. LOL My wife doesn't want to take up the room for her explorer. So I'm trading them off

Bettr n' Revrse
04-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Any interest in a JL Audio G6600?

It's a nice 6 channel.

I may be... shoot me a PM man!

garychoffmann
04-12-2011, 09:52 PM
I need to go smaller sub wise, it's for my wifes explorer.

the 6600 is a nice amp, What would you want to trade for?

Inferno333
04-12-2011, 10:48 PM
I may be... shoot me a PM man!

Done.

I need to go smaller sub wise, it's for my wifes explorer.

the 6600 is a nice amp, What would you want to trade for?

Sent you a pm.

Suicide Bobb
04-12-2011, 11:50 PM
I've got a freshly reconed SI BM v.1 12" D4 and might be getting a pair of Eclipse 3241's...

I'm interested in the DD btw. Do you happen to have access to an original DD dustcap?

garychoffmann
04-13-2011, 12:19 AM
I can look into it, Just throw a dd sticker on it lol, my friend owns a shop that sells DD, he can probably get me about anything I wanted from DD. As far as subs go I think I'm going to knock the dust off of my tangbands that I have been meaning to use lol.

Suicide Bobb
04-13-2011, 12:47 AM
I can look into it, Just throw a dd sticker on it lol, my friend owns a shop that sells DD, he can probably get me about anything I wanted from DD. As far as subs go I think I'm going to knock the dust off of my tangbands that I have been meaning to use lol.

Cool.

So no interest in the SI? or the Eclipse's?

bumpin buick
04-13-2011, 12:48 AM
everything about those custom TC-9s shouts, SJA built. I dont mean to burst your bubble but I am almost positive they are RD or atomics.

The bevled top plate, the spider ring, the terminals, they are all SJA buildhouse. The surround looks TC based but that is really about it. Not trying to take away value from your subs, I just have several TC9 motors and have seen a handful of variations, none like this.

Suicide Bobb
04-13-2011, 01:04 AM
everything about those custom TC-9s shouts, SJA built. I dont mean to burst your bubble but I am almost positive they are RD or atomics.

The bevled top plate, the spider ring, the terminals, they are all SJA buildhouse. The surround looks TC based but that is really about it. Not trying to take away value from your subs, I just have several TC9 motors and have seen a handful of variations, none like this.

When did you get unbant?

garychoffmann
04-13-2011, 01:25 AM
eclipses yes I am interested. As far as the 12's go, don't know, I don't know anything about sja or what that stands for, I can just go off what I was told. Don't know enough about the architecture to say otherwise. Never took apart a sub so I can't say. I can tell you that the story I was given on them was they were custom built by TC years ago and had been in service, they were then sent down to arizona (RU i believe) to be reconed and rebuilt. The guy stressed that he had original tc cones used for the recone. Thats about all I can tell you. Take it or leave it, sitting on my shelf they do me no harm, they can hang out with all of the other odd and end stuff I have. As far as affecting my sale, not worried about it. I'm not selling them, I'm trading them. If someone can put them to good use, great. I have subs laying around that don't fit my needs as I'm not a big spl guy (old), Someone probably has something laying around I can use. I'm not nec worried about value, looking at the subs I can put a decent value on them, as can someone else. BTW, I was told they were tc-9's by people on the sites, since you seem quite knowledgeable, do they fit a different category of tc's better? Give me your thoughts on them, I'm always interested to hear others takes.

xxxbasshead
04-13-2011, 04:04 PM
I have a orion 7005 5 channel if you are intersted lmk. I like that dd

garychoffmann
04-19-2011, 08:47 PM
ok guys, I need a 4 channel amp, a 600 watt amp (atleast) and 1 decent 12.

I have the DD for trade and one of the tc's left. Let me know what you got, or make a cash offer. Thanks

MemphisLove
04-20-2011, 11:37 AM
SQ Sub

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/504250-12-tc-sounds-esa-tc9-lms-custom.html

pm me if your intrested. looking at either the dd or the tc. i have a PG 100.4 its missing the end caps and has scratches. can get pics let me know.

xxxbasshead
04-20-2011, 11:57 AM
SQ Sub

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/504250-12-tc-sounds-esa-tc9-lms-custom.html

pm me if your intrested. looking at either the dd or the tc. i have a PG 100.4 its missing the end caps and has scratches. can get pics let me know.

this is a nice sub!

OP i didnt know this was the same person i was talking to yesterday on caco, maybe we could work out something so i could send you the Orion 7005 5 channel amp and one of the DC 8s :) pm me on caco.

garychoffmann
04-21-2011, 08:06 PM
XXXbasshead is going to be the proud owner of the DD, so the only sub left is one of the TC's. Would trade for a 5 channel amp plus cash on my part if needed.

DonWan
04-21-2011, 10:41 PM
I thought we had a deal :( all good

garychoffmann
04-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Sorry Don, we still had to come to terms with extra money and xxxbasshead had been talking to me since I put them up for sale a month ago and we struck a deal that works really well for me and we got it done quickly over on caco. Sorry, wish I had a bunch so I could make everyone happy, but I only have the 1. Thanks for your interest but his deal works out really well for me.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

LAst tc is gone, thanks for everyones interest and input