PDA

View Full Version : New SPR-60 series Alpine - That Much Difference?

we87
04-11-2011, 04:27 AM
I currently have the older SPR-17C Type R two ways installed in my car and recently saw the newer model SPR-60 and SPR-60C series.

My big question is, is there a big difference between the two series of Alpine Type R speakers?

I haven't found any reviews online, and they are not in my local stores yet, so I was hoping someone on here has hears the two and would chime in :)

subzero
04-11-2011, 05:25 AM
I currently have the older SPR-17C Type R two ways installed in my car and recently saw the newer model SPR-60 and SPR-60C series.

My big question is, is there a big difference between the two series of Alpine Type R speakers?

I haven't found any reviews online, and they are not in my local stores yet, so I was hoping someone on here has hears the two and would chime in :)

There are a lot of differences. One is a comp set and the other is a coaxial.

The new ones have an advance surround technology and probably a few other improvements. They have the same power handling.

we87
04-11-2011, 01:35 PM
The SPR-60 are not components, they are coaxial just like SPR-17C.

we87
04-22-2011, 07:49 PM

I know that. I was saying the difference between the two SERIES not the two SPEAKERS in particular.

Basically I am wanting to know if its worth the upgrade from my older Type R's to the newer Type R's. I know the ones I have do have the bigger magnet, but the newer ones have something called "HAMR Technology" so... I was just hoping someone has heard the two and can chime in.

we87
04-22-2011, 07:50 PM

I know that. I was saying the difference between the two SERIES not the two SPEAKERS in particular.

Basically I am wanting to know if its worth the upgrade from my older Type R's to the newer Type R's. I know the ones I have do have the bigger magnet, but the newer ones have something called "HAMR Technology" so... I was just hoping someone has heard the two and can chime in.